for Apathy and Other Things Beginning with A

7/13/2014 c1 anko
Wonderful and interesting concept. Not a fluffy happy end but real insights to BBC's Charakters. It was kind of hard to read about John's suffering. I realen like this story.
6/17/2013 c1 AccountHasBeenDeletedd
I really enjoyed reading this! Captured the pair and their relationship perfectly in my opinion :)) really quite wonderful!
2/26/2012 c1 20forgetmenotjimmy
Loved the pair's interactions, any chance of a sequel? Nice job!

:D
12/23/2011 c1 81DreamBrother
This was wonderful. The depth of detail, the intricacy of the flow, everything fit - the voices, the scenarios, etc. We're so enamoured by the bromance and the adventure that we don't realize that Sherlock can be a pretty tough flatmate and that John, during the down moments, must wonder why he sticks with it. It might be funny for us to see him react to a head in the fridge but imagine when you've had a long day.

You've done a commendable job in making me feel empathy for John without necessarily hating Sherlock for being such a ponce - because he's simply who he is.

Very very well written. Hope to see more Sherlock fics by you when I click onto your profile :-)
12/20/2010 c1 7glitterlavalamp
So, it's rare to find a characterization of Sherlock that is as dark as his pathology suggests, while not portraying him as a straightforward murderous lunatic. You hit the mark perfectly, so that we as readers move through John's emotions- sick, sad, and frustrated almost to the point of abandoning Sherlock, but for some reason still fascinated and in need of more. Seriously, I know this is an odd review, but you just made me have a literary!spazz over these characters. In a fanfiction. You rock, thanks for writing!
10/25/2010 c1 61enigma-kar
Really loved this. You've captured both John and Sherlock so perfectly. Well done! Thank you for the lovely read,

Kar, xx
10/17/2010 c1 emchelle
Excellent. Loved this :-)
9/15/2010 c1 21Mel J1701
This was excellent. You have a great grasp on how deeply flawed and emotionally damaged Sherlock and, to a degree, John are. Beyond the humour of a bored Sherlock, this story was spot on in terms of how he is truly addicted to danger and is a victim of his own high intellect while John is equally in need of danger however much he tries to convince himself he is a 'normal' guy.
9/15/2010 c1 16chipzixo
that was fantastic.

really fantastic.

you showed the characters for what they are - imperfect, traumatised, even, in their own ways. I haven't read a fic that explored that so well before, and so you deserve an applause :D

i'll go look at some more of your stories now, and favourite this :) thanks for sharing! :')
9/15/2010 c1 V
I liked how you covered the areas of life at 221B that most stories don't cover. Makes a nice change from all the 'Sherlock gets ill' stories on this site. The only thing I didn't like was that John was a bit miserable all the way through the story. Maybe that was your intention, idk.

9/15/2010 c1 olivia solar
You are one of my favorite authors and I was over the moon to see that you had written a sherlock story.

You tap into the characters as though reading their minds. This fic is fatastic! It's cleverly set out too, effective in keeping the story roling.

Keep writing!
9/15/2010 c1 4Gremlinite
That was really good. Your grasp of the characters is fantastic. Even though you ended the story on a lighter more whimsical note, I must say the overall implications were rather depressing but believable. Living in 221B mustn't be all sunshine, roses and exciting adventures. The whole fic seemed like a case of relapse, but honestly this seems like a believable pattern for the Baker Street residents. It's just rather sad that without the danger the guys don't seem to be able to live quite properly. Great story! You were able to capture the taciturn moods of both Sherlock and John perfectly that I was quite affected by it. You really hit the mark - their addiction to danger is just as debilitating and awful as it can be fun and entertaining. It's just interesting to see that John is, in his own way, just as affected as Sherlock during the downtime.