for Life Before You

3/15/2012 c15 18Harm Marie
Liked this.
12/8/2011 c14 53yello13
short sweet and simple a flash back that only parker could tell
12/13/2010 c15 3Lolli-x
I absolutely loved this story to bad its ended :(
12/12/2010 c15 8jojo140
I love the Hardison Chapters! Great job and when he spoke spanish was so funny. I can totally see him doing that on the show :) *sigh* He is too Cute! Again, great Job!
12/12/2010 c11 ABVR
Wow . . . very dark, but very well done. It'd be incredibly depressing if we didn't know that this was rock bottom for him, or close to it, and that things would get better. And that he'd find someone else to love (if he could just get his thick skull to accept the idea) . . .
12/12/2010 c10 ABVR
Ha! Thanks for this . . . I *so* needed a funny story after all the (very well-done) sadness and angst of the last couple of segments! All kinds of goodness here: "Age of the Geek" . . . no, but you're doing it wrong . . . mystery meat . . . and Hardison's opinion of the animated ST series.

Favorite proofreading oversight: "swill chair" :-)
12/12/2010 c9 ABVR
OK . . . feeling a serious need to give Parker a hug here.

Great chapter; great intercutting of the conversation with Parker's interior thoughts. I like rule #3, too. Even if it's not true, it should be. :-)
12/12/2010 c8 ABVR
Poor Elliot!

And good for you for having Amy *not* be the stereotype of the Woman Who Doesn't Understand The Hero . . . she's got good reason to be angry with him, and even Elliot would, I think, admit that. Very cool that you have him admit to himself (rather than her scream at him) that he loves playing the hero too much, and can't give up the jobs that take him away for weeks and months at a time.

This makes a really interesting companion piece with the first Elliot installment, too . . . well done!
12/12/2010 c7 ABVR
Hmmm . . . interesting approach to the story, and you maintain the tone nicely throughout, but at the end if the day it didn't grab me as much as some of the other installments. I like the *concept* of Sophie belatedly realizing what her choices in life have cost her, but I'm not feeling her sense of loss. I think, although the parallel isn't exact, that I was spoiled by your story "Never Again." :-)
12/12/2010 c6 ABVR
Mmmm . . . I really *do* love the two of them . . . and you write them very well here. I like the way you slowly reveal just how *regular* a thing this is for them, and how often they've been doing it for how long. I wonder: If they'd met in some alternate universe where there was no Maggie and no Sam, would the Sophie-that-was-then have wanted to go straight and settle down with Nate? Or was part of what attracted her to him the fact that that option *didn't* exist, and so she didn't have to make the choice?
12/10/2010 c5 ABVR
Well, your version of Hardison worked okay for me, but . . . getting to meet *Nana* was the best part of the chapter! She's maybe a *little* too good to be true in terms of actually being able to appreciate his Star Trek fanfic, but . . . that's a small thing. Nice job getting the balance between firm and loving in her voice ...

Also: *Loved* the little nod at the end about him not having a place to send his stories! :-)
12/10/2010 c4 ABVR
Dang . . . those last few lines got me the last time and (having forgotten they were coming) they got me all over again this time! I know you love Sophie, but I think you *get* Parker - especially what's going on inside her head - better than any other character, and this chapter's a great example. There's something about that opening image of her absolutely fascinated by the safe that captures, perfectly, the inner . . . stillness that she taps into when she's on a job (and that's always there under all the quirky surface behavior).
12/10/2010 c3 ABVR
Nicely done . . . I'd always suspected that there was something like this in Elliot's background. And it makes sense out of a lot of who he is today, as a character: He couldn't save her, so he's spent a good bit of the rest of his life trying to make up for it by saving other people who (like her) couldn't defend themselves.
12/10/2010 c14 3Lolli-x
Awesome chapter :) Parker - Love her :) i can't believe theres only one chapter left :( but I do really love this story maybe you could try doing 1 for everyone pleaseee :)
12/10/2010 c2 ABVR
Rereading here, in the run-up to 12/12 and the chance to actually see the team in action again, I'd forgotten how much I liked the mock flirtation between Sophie and Thomas. Poor guy . . . one minute he thinks he might have won the lottery (so to speak) and the next minute he's unconscious! (Where would Leverage be without tasers, anyway? :-)]

Looks like Sophie had a real talent for theft . . . ever think about doing a multi-chapter AU fic with the two of them as an art-theft team, with Nate (still an insurance guy) on their trail?
40 Page 1 .. Last Next »