for Flagstaff

2/17 c1 4Stormysea-breaks
Hello again. Having found you as an author has made my day!
This backstory is very hard to read. It is raw. Dean is an abuse victim in this interpretation of what happened to him when Sam ran away. What makes the punishment scenes so breathtakingly horrific is not just John's belt slicing his son's skin off but Dean's awful guilt. It is eating away at him. It is making a wholly innocent Dean accept the totally unacceptable.
The point when he adopts a foetal position to stave off the blows is heart wrenching. He is only 16 years of age and he is made wholly responsible for keeping Sam safe. He is beaten by his dad for having let his brother be taken by someone or something and then he is beaten again for not realising that he had been played by his brother. Dean just takes it and moves on. That is what makes this work so powerfully dark.
Sam has no idea. Sam just looks back at his escapade with unabashed joy. He is even annoyed that his brother does not look happy to see him.
The two sides to John are never so plain to see. He refuses to accept ultimate parental responsibility and yet he would do anything to protect his sons. John's reasoning (be it under the influence of alcohol) is deeply flawed and Dean pays the price. Great fanfiction.
7/24/2020 c1 Guest
Sam is an actual douche bag. How self absorbed can you be to not use common sense and think that other people were affected by my decisions? Sam should have never been born or at least killed as a baby.
5/25/2020 c1 DemonDean67
Absolutely amazing story. You are a truly talented writer.
8/3/2019 c1 Hehjewfhevbcmz
And I oop-
4/9/2019 c1 8BlueMoon007
well done.
I have to admit that Supernatural really does a great job of giving enough hints the viewer of what happened but leaves it vague enough where the viewer ends up filling in the blanks in their own imagination. One of the things I both love and get frustrated with about the show.
12/21/2018 c1 Deans girl
I surely wish I knew about fan fics long b 4 now so I could have commented at the original time & u will probably never see thus but no way in Hell should Sam have gotten off with just being grounded while Dean got beat up ! Not just an ass spanking beatcup twice ! Totally brutal & unfair no wonder Dean never felt he was worthy of his father's Love cuz he wasn't ! Sam should have at least Gorton a spanning with the belt not beat up like Dean but spanked hard & he still would have thought it was a great memory cuz physical pain goes away but u know & I do too that emotional pain stays with u forever ! I know these people aren't real but your story made me cry for Dean ! Sam the selfish little shit should have been made aware of what he did to Dean maybe not the physical abuse but the emotional Yes !
11/14/2018 c1 Guest
Yeah sam is the selfish dick
6/21/2018 c1 Guest
Poor dean
10/26/2017 c1 22aapenname
Usually I hate Asshole John stories but you wrote this so well I can only marvel at it. Great job. thanks for sharing!
6/20/2017 c1 73TheEliteLabRatsLover
This was awesome. You portrayed it so well. And that ending AN, I totally understand. I've had to deal with emotional abuse from parents, and they way you've both written and described it is perfect. An amazing job.
8/19/2016 c1 Guest
When I first saw that episode I just wanted to wrap Dean in a friggin blanket because THIS! This is exactly what I imagined. Disturbing but very in character and well written
4/19/2016 c1 callonchrist
Do you have another account? I've read this exact story before. I mean I love it and I was very excited to see an update but yea I've already read all this /:
11/21/2015 c1 Guest
Oh my god this was absolutely amazing! Great Job
2/17/2015 c1 Guest
I really enjoyed this! It made me cry a little for Dean and sort of made me want to smack Sam up side the head but it was brilliant :)
8/16/2014 c1 Cynthia
I enjoyed your take on the Flagstaff event. Each story I read, I expect Sam to see the bruises/cuts on Dean from his "discipline". Then I remember that Dean had to tell him, years later, that Dad basically "tore him a new one".
Thank you for posting this story.
51 Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »