FanFiction.Net
for Common Interests

6/14/2022 c30 29duj
"sweet and loving back when I knew her in school ... she died when she was attacked one night by death eaters..."

Erm, no. Both of those are obviously lies, because "sweet and loving" people don't tamper with their "best friend's" (or anyone's) memories and autonomy. She was nutters in school, and she still is. Her crazy-deranged hatefulness might have deepened, but it really hasn't changed in essentials.
6/14/2022 c27 duj
i'm gobsmacked that only one other reviewer wonders how it didn't occur to them that the "Fifth marauder" letters might be a clue to which of those possibilities was the likeliest. Especially given the content of those letters, ie the expressed wish to get harry away from Snape
6/10/2022 c73 The Luna Crown
i love your story's i have read them multiple times and can not wait for the next chapter
6/8/2022 c3 duj
How big is a "gammon of bacon"? I hadn't heard the term, but Google defines it as "the bottom end of a whole side of bacon (which includes the back leg)..."

"Contract with Petunia"? How could there be a contract when Petunia wasn't privy to it? Harry was dumped on her doorstep without her consent, without even prior notice. So where is the "mutual assent" between the supposed contracting parties, let alone "adequate consideration" and "capacity"?

(Definition of contract: "An agreement between private parties creating mutual obligations enforceable by law. The basic elements required for the agreement to be a legally enforceable contract are: mutual assent, expressed by a valid offer and acceptance; adequate consideration; capacity; and legality.")

Maybe you meant a geas: "an obligation or prohibition magically imposed on a person"
6/8/2022 c2 duj
"He could have gone into Snape's quarters at any time" doesn't gel with your description of the incident. You said Harry was "almost to Snape's rooms", but almost to doesn't mean right in front of. It doesn't make sense for Harry to tell them to "Move out of his way" if he was closer to Snape's door than they were. Why would he have done anything other than opened the door and gone in, if that was an option?
6/7/2022 c72 12excessivelyperky
I love this chapter! Severus is unbending-all it really takes it being nice to him, and yet so few ever try it (we know canon Lily didn't, no wonder he's so gunshy about being around women).

Galaxia is quite the little princess, isn't she? I bet Dante will have more fun than he thought possible with that egg.
5/26/2022 c6 topas
oh, here comes ...
5/16/2022 c71 excessivelyperky
Too bad they can't take Lady Amber's portrait somewhere and have her talk nice with the dragonelle. Maybe she can teach her gift to one of the others?

Ravencrest is brilliant-wonderful descriptions all the way through.
5/4/2022 c73 Kate
Thank you very much. I'm still waiting for the next chaphter.
4/30/2022 c70 excessivelyperky
Yes, Harry was far better off confessing all his little sins before Snape found out anyway.

And Harry seems to have a potioner's instinct, too, with his little change to the dragonbreath potion. Still, he should ask to experiment first...
4/20/2022 c69 excessivelyperky
Oh, Harry might as well confess to what he did, Snape will find out anyway. Besides, he's so busted now as it is.
4/16/2022 c68 excessivelyperky
I wonder if a magical person made "Zoolander' in memory of Lockhart?

Good chapter, and nice evil cliffie at the end.
4/2/2022 c67 excessivelyperky
I guess nobody is ever going to call Dumbledore on his many generations of assuring Gryffindors that they are glorious and always right and that it's ok to nearly murder Slytherins...ah well, at least he's upset at this particular pair, and that's all you can really ask (besides, he was always ok with students doing horrible things to Snape in canon).

But I see that Snape has worked with him a lot to get Albus over that little problem, and I'm happy to see it.

Good work with the pendants.

Oh, no, not Hagrid!
3/27/2022 c66 excessivelyperky
But Snape can't teach Defense and Potions at the same time. Besides, how can anyone tell the difference between Lockhart with a Babbling Beverage and one without?

Glad that both Miss Cummings were rescued, though. Snape is that kind of person.

Here's hoping Dumbledore doesn't let the bullies off too easily.
3/20/2022 c64 excessivelyperky
That was a good fight, but Snape is right-that victory is only temporary.
3,733 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »