for Dad

2/17/2018 c1 Truckee Gal
Shocked, dazed and awed ... perfect! Sweet snippet
4/3/2011 c1 alwaysadreamer963
Love it! Not sure if you continue to write under "another of your personalities" or even are active on fan fiction any longer, but I wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed this little jem. I also believe the Stetson family would be quite close. I really like the tone you created with this and can totally picture the look on both Lee's face as well as Amanda's. Nice glimpse into their future. Looking forward to reading more of your stories.
4/21/2002 c1 tvgirl13
Loved it, Laura! Wonderfully written! Keep up the great work!

Catie
3/21/2002 c1 rsfanatic
cute story! =)
3/21/2002 c1 1kitty kat7
very touching. keep writing.
3/9/2002 c1 Nicotine
I hate doing this...this post is really responding to Astounded, and not to the author.

I quote this from the story's own page: "Constructive criticism accepted with a very open mind, on list or off..."

Nowhere in my review did I say that I didn't enjoy this story. As a matter of fact, I did enjoy it, very much, and I said so in my previous review. As you say, it's extremely infuriating to see drek receive tons of praise, while nice stories receive so little.

The author herself asked for constructive criticism, which is all I offered. Are you therefore saying that *you* not the author is entitled to sit in judgement of what the writer is capable or incapable of hearing? Now, that is "astounding"!
3/8/2002 c1 Astounded
First of all, since this is a review section, this is a darling story. I really appreciate that you obviously took so much time and effort with it, to the point of having it beta read.

Second, I can't help but comment on two reviews, so this is addressed to Nicotine and Jean R. I'm not saying that this story was absolutely perfect, and by all means, we're all entitled to our opinions. But my goodness, this author told a story she wanted to tell, the way she wanted to tell it. We don't know *how* Jamie and Phillip would have felt about Lee, because we didn't see past the end of the series. It's astounding to me that on a story where the author has put so much effort into the writing, there are two (in my opinion) somewhat negative reviews. With all of the DRIVEL that gets posted on this site where the two main characters are TOTALLY out of character and the stories have NO set-up whatsoever getting rave reviews and constructive criticism is shot down, it's INSANE that a writer who tries her best and employs the use of betas is so criticized.
3/8/2002 c1 Debbear23
I really really love it. Its so soft. You just got to love it.
3/8/2002 c1 Jean R
Very nicely written story and I enjoyed the story in itself, however I'd have to say that it's not in character. I seriously doubt that two teenage boys would be calling Lee Dad at all, especially after just a year. They were in there teens when he came into their lives, not to mention the fact that their father was somewhat active in their lives and they knew him as Dad.
3/8/2002 c1 Gloria
I loved it! Very, very touching! You did a wonderful job describing Lee's feelings and his relationship with the boys. Keep writing! :)
3/7/2002 c1 Nicotine
Cute, but there is one major problem with this: you spent almost half of the "story" telling your reader the background for what you created.

You're a competent writer, but you've done your readers (and in a way yourself) a disservice. It would have been far better had you shown us - via thoughts, description, Lee reminiscing in bed about his life after Phillip's comment. Show your readers, don't just tell us.
3/7/2002 c1 MB
Hi,

I read your story and liked it so much I went back and read one other story you had written. 'where've you been' It was wonderful.

Please continue your writting.

MB
3/7/2002 c1 5Mindy Lane
Oh,wow! How incredibly touching! This was very in character for everyone- I think I'll pretend from now on that it happened just like this. I can't wait to read the next one.
3/7/2002 c1 sharon
very touching story. i wouldn't mind seeing it pursued further, but then maybe this was just enough. excellent
3/7/2002 c1 ec
Nice story. How Lee has changed.
23 Page 1 2 Next »