for To Sleepwalk Through Shadow

8/11/2020 c3 11stevem1
This is a great, creative story. I hope the author continues it.
6/5/2020 c3 2Sir Dedrick the Cool
Amber can pretty much be crossed with anything. The main problem I foresee is that the scope of Amber would make any conflict in a single world seem insignificant. Therefore, I hope the conflict in this story will be more internal and existential, with Harry coming to terms with how reality works. I would be very interested in reading such a story, and less interested in a story where Amber is nothing but spice to make the story seem more creative than it is. It's too early to know which direction you're taking with this, but I'll follow in anticipation, my dude!
7/10/2019 c3 ak
alors tu continue?
3/14/2017 c3 KrisB-71854
I liked the last two chapters better than the third one. I'd have actually preferred for Harry to have been able to escape from Amber and something not of Amber or the Courts but some where else unknown.

I'm mixed on him walking the pattern. I know its a thing, but it seems a tad cliché. that proves that he had royal amber blood, but doesn't explain anything else.

I'd have preferred Harry to have been a grand child of some different faction of shadow walkers.

Harry seemed to not really care about exploring outside of home and just wanted his issues resolved. the others could use the pattern to jump to where ever harry went. Its likely that they won't bother though. he wasn't that important.
9/2/2015 c3 ak
bonne fic!
10/28/2013 c3 MrRobertsIII
Neat fic! Hope you find the time to continue it.
10/28/2013 c2 MrRobertsIII
Fun to read even though I have no idea of Amber.
1/7/2013 c3 8Nemo Blank
Nicely done. You've neatly captured Zelazney's style. I wonder whose daughter it was that Voldemort killed and if 'The Power That He Knows Not' is in this case an outraged Prince of Amber bearing a lesson in inventive cruelty.
7/22/2012 c3 1Jimbocous
This is great!. Don't think I've seen anything done with the Amber universe, certainly one of my favorites. Tremendous potential here, and some great conflicts for Harry as he tries to decide what "real" really is, and does it matter. Interesting mystery surrounding the fact he was able to walk the Pattern, and of course the Amberites are not going to allow him to walk away unscathed unless they also can get some answers.
Niche story or not, I sure hope you'll get back to this; would love to see what you have in mind. Thanks for a thought-provoking read so far! This one goes on the faves list for sheer potential.
2/19/2012 c3 1en extase
Awesome, how Harry decided to flee Amber. I particularly liked how he realized they just didn't care for his world, and took his chances. The characters from Amber are presumably protagonists of that series, but it's a fantastic nuance that they can be not-Harry's-enemies', but just not care about Shadow.

The return to Hogwarts was a fine scene as well. At first, I was afraid that he'd wound up in some alternate reflection of the wizarding world.

A critique I'd make would be that Harry should react more strongly against the fact that his world is Shadow. Thoughts like "Who are these people to tell me my world isn't real?"

I think that, ideally, the journey through the Pattern could have been described more vividly. It's hard to visualize these abstract scenes.

This is such a promising story. I wish I'd read it earlier while you were actively working on it. I hope you feel the urge to write more for it in the near future.
2/19/2012 c2 en extase
You followed up the opening with another great chapter. It sucks that I know there's only one more chapter after this one, but I'm going to try and enjoy knowing that there's a little more to read after I hit the review button.
2/19/2012 c1 en extase
Great beginning. You have a very distinctive style. I loved how you described Harry traveling through the forest with the howls trailing him.

"The trees faded away… the widening path leading out onto what seemed a flat plain… high blades of grass, dandelions blowing in the glow of the moon, whips of wind flitting about my shoulders, I pulled my cloak tight around my shoulders."

Beautiful writing.
1/23/2012 c3 Ratus
What I think is it is wonderful, and I really hope you go on with this story.
1/19/2012 c3 chris
very interesting crossover and i liked the story,i always did like the amber series of books and you kept most of the charactors in cannon.
12/19/2011 c3 Mad Hamish
Just found this story; excellent. Look forward to more.
32 Page 1 .. Last Next »