for To Bring Him Home

nice
1/4/2018 c1 fantasyinmymind
Nicely done.
5/10/2017 c1 176dragonwriter24cmf
Wow. I just read this story. What a beautiful representation, not only of bringing him home, but of the emotions felt by all those involved. This story is a magnificent tribute, not only to the character, but to the aftermath of a heart-wrenching battle, and the terrible realization of what kind of man he really was. Wonderful. Thank you for writing this.
8/13/2016 c1 29duj
I don't understand why the blood is still damp this long after death (It was already evening when Harry woke...). Or was Snape not really dead when Harry and co left him there, and has only just died now?
7/24/2016 c1 Guest
Beautiful in melancholy.
11/7/2015 c1 Lokiwallace
Thank you for a wonderful story. I love your use of words and turn of phrase. I felt pathos and elegant understated grief. A quiet keening rather than a banshee wail.
10/2/2015 c1 2Jessie Deal
I deliberately delayed reading this because I was afraid I would cry. And boy did I weep.
Your story is so beautiful that even the tears feel good. Thank you for this.
5/21/2015 c1 10Alethea27
Beautiful story! It made me cry especially the Centaur's tribute.
5/21/2015 c1 Guest
Oh, this is wonderful. Every word polished to reflect a fresh light onto canon.
3/27/2014 c1 60Nightfall Rising
So evocative, the common room! I love the suggestion that Tonks's hair isn't rebellious perky!punk, has a homey and loving history.

There's something terribly (not very, not shoddily: terribly) appropriate about the final indignity of allowing Severus to be seen bared by a student, by Harry. That's an "Over my dead body" if ever there was one. It's striking that Minerva's guilt is for Harry's reaction, not over what Severus would have (not not not) wanted. That hurts. But Minerva is a teacher, and grieving is for the living, and, as she notes, it seems to be giving Harry a hard shove in a growing-up direction. Towards being a human adult, not a hero, which is something no one's ever helped him with before.

And an appropriateness he *would* have appreciated about her doing everything herself, mundane and in-touch, getting her hands dirty. No foolish wand-waving in this classroom.
11/9/2013 c1 82waddiwasiwitch
This is beautiful.
3/3/2013 c1 bogie88
I loved the Centaur tribute. Very affecting story, thank you.
43 Page 1 .. Last Next »