FanFiction.Net
for Glitter Mixed With Rock 'n' Roll

1/6/2011 c1 9Cennis
I'm not good at this whole reviewing lark, but hell, this is too good to read n' run, so I'll give it a go. I've been a big fan of your Zero/Yuuki series for a long time, so I was completely jazzed to see a Mortal Instruments fic from you. THEN it ended up being of my favourite pairing, which doesn't get nearly enough of the love it deserves, so I pretty much had a spaz-attack then and there.

My favourite thing about it was probably that it was told in first person. I'm not generally a fan of that writing style, since it usually comes across awkward and the tenses get mixed up a lot, but you've mastered writing first person beautifully. Alec was my favourite character in the books and you did him all kinds of justice.

Then there's how you write Magnus. Oh boy. Even though I adore Magnus/Alec, after trying a few fanfics for them, I just had to give up. No matter how well written they were, I just couldn't find one that portrayed Magnus to his full level of epicness, or his glitter for that matter. You've got his relationship with Alec, yet haven't b*asterdised his character along the way.

And that's another thing. Now, I fall into this rut myself so I suppose I can't talk, but you haven't made their relationship all sunshine-and-daisies. Even though there was fluff, you haven't completely ignored the issue of Magnus' immortality, or Alec's shyness, etc. so I have to hand it to you for that.

The pop culture references were golden ;)

You've got a great grasp on the English language, a surprisingly rare thing on a site for writing. I couldn't find any errors or anything, which of course only adds to the reading experience.

Well, I've rambled on long enough. Can you tell I loved this fic? I hope so. The first Mortal Instruments fic that I finished and just HAD to review. A fantastic first Malec from you, and I hope it's not the last.
1/6/2011 c1 2Bookworm24601
Don't change the rating. It's going to need a LOT more details if you want it to become an 'M' fic...but you did an excellent job. :) You did a MUCH better job then I did at portraying Magnus...

Anyways, all I've got to say is that it was just a LITTLE obvious that something was wrong with Magnus when the demon was pretending to be him...but I never got the impression that Alec knew that until he had the knife out and was trying to hide it from 'Magnus'.

This was fantastic though. I give you a great big hug for your work!
1/6/2011 c1 SHERLOCKHOLMESISCOOL

*cries tears of joy*

That was...perfect. Completely, utterly perfect! I am so happy I got to read this. You are an amazing writer; I'm so envious! I wish I could write like you-I'd have to work forever before that happens. *sigh*

I love how natural your words come out, how descriptive your words are, how you pay attention to little details, how in character all the characters were, how possible it was for it to happen in City Of Bones...the list just goes on and on.

Most of all, I was touched by how you portrayed the love of Magnus and Alec. You showed its imperfection by their shortcomings, but also made me understand just how and why it is that Malec still works, despite it all. Thank you...just, thank you.

Please write more! A new story, a sequel, an AU, anything! I am DEFINITELY a fan; you have a talent, and I am so glad that I got to read this.
1/6/2011 c1 3Dannie Jo
This was pretty amazing! I love this story, and I swear you write some of the best romantic scenes that I have read on this website. Great job, just watch out for some mechanical errors and such. Amazing work!

-Dani
1/5/2011 c1 16Spun
xD Not gonna lie, I kind of figured out it wasn't Magnus right away... but maybe I just expected something like that. This was absolutely fabulous and I'm jealous of your mad writing skillz.

And I usually hate fics written in first-person, too, so that just makes you even more amazing. :D
35 « Prev Page 1 .. 3