for Oh How Bright the Path

7/25 c1 Wolfyness
I love it! Great work :D
9/19/2019 c1 20MirrorImage003
This was a beautiful continuation fic, and I really enjoyed your intelligent, sharp, and beautiful writing style. Thank you for writing!
6/14/2017 c1 3LaKRipper
really,really impressed. I really want to read the novel now.
8/1/2016 c1 Raeanna
Wow! I was lost in the imagery. Wonderful! More please?
9/30/2012 c1 Annie C
Wow! You captured both characters perfectly; proud and snarky and not willing to give an inch (even for what it costs them). Wonderful writing here! _
6/26/2012 c1 5EmpireX
Thank you for sharing this. It's a wonderful story!
3/16/2012 c1 117thtreasure
Dammit! Why! Awesome writing and all. But why? A kiss at least. No? Fine. Loved it anyway.
11/13/2011 c1 hjfdkg
I fell in love with this movie so hard that, after viewing it, I was convinced that there was absolutely nothing that fanfic could do to improve upon it.

And well, this right here just had to go and prove me wrong.

First off, loved that you used bits and pieces from the Portis novel to integrate into this piece; it really gives the story a binding sense of finality with its source material and does a good job of clearing a few things up, as well as advancing the story for its own purposes. But what I really admire about this piece is how it works to soften the blow that was the end of the film without cheapening any of its impact. You didn't let Mattie keep her arm, something that I think many fix fics would have done, and you didn't make her interactions with LaBoeuf any cozier or friendlier than they would have been in the film. And yet, it was a good antidote to the UST they left hanging between them at the end; not heavy-handed enough to derail both their characters, but certainly present and potent within the context of the actual story itself.

Also, LaBoeuf's last line and Mattie's thoughts about his backing out of the kiss were pure gold.

In short, I really love your writing style and the way that you handle the original source material for whatever fandom you happen to be writing for. I'll have to read your other True Grit story sometime soon but for now, this was a wonderful little addition to what was already a fantastic movie. Thank you so much for writing it! :)
10/20/2011 c1 6wickedtrue
Dude, this was AWESOME. I'm going to have read everything you've written now! You've got such a great writing style!

I love it, that he didn't kiss her but left the door open. I love that. Also, the lie about the rifle. And Mattie being full of pride and just plain hard as nails Mattie.

I can't wait to read more of your writing in any fandom!
7/27/2011 c1 nomadic725
id love to see this continued!
7/25/2011 c1 Random Reader
This is a gorgeous piece! You really captured the feel of the story. I loved the wit, the humor, the tenderness! Well done.
6/13/2011 c1 13Doctor Harley Quinn
This is one of the very finest pieces I have ever read on this site, and I don't offer that praise lightly. You captured her voice so very beautifully, their back-and-forth was positively spot on, it was all very meticulous and accurate, and ohhhh, I found the resolution (or lack thereof, really) I so craved.

I'm going to find it hard to read other True Grit authors after this, I'm sure, but I can't find it in my heart to begrudge you because this was so, so beautiful- I was staring wide-eyed at my screen in fascination and incredulity that you could so seamlessly write one of the Coens' most bewitching characters as if you had created her.

Phenomenal. Please tell me you're pursuing a career in writing and this isn't just a hobby, because I will buy your books based on the merit of this story alone. Convinced that I thoroughly adored it it yet?
3/26/2011 c1 blithers
This is amazing - beautiful and understated and just so, so perfect. The "tease" (if you call it that) at the end is just the right ending here, for both characters.
3/24/2011 c1 3Diligens
Wonderfully written. Thanks.
3/15/2011 c1 240shallowness
This is excellent. It's completely absorbing and layered and beautiful. It's not just her voice and the language of their dialogue, it's a really acute bit of psychology and character work. I love their not quite sparring and the understanding that grows in the middle of it, I loved that Mattie is allowing herself to grieve while remembering her father, and the ending was brilliant, teasing the reader as much as Mattie, but his leaving the door open to the world beyond, was a fitting, hopeful closer.
38 Page 1 .. Last Next »