for Something Like Your Family

1/15/2011 c1 Crystalstorm
Good fic. Well written and even if it was a sadder look on things, it was a good read. Ja.
1/15/2011 c1 8fjdsklfjkdsljfkldsjfklds
FINALLY, an independent child Harry! Awesome, I loved it.
1/15/2011 c1 pazed
Ooh bleak - but all too possible. Your back and forth time switching is effectively used to intensify the building understanding of Harry's situation / dilemna.

Thanks for writing ...p
1/15/2011 c1 2history
I love it ! I find it so real ! I really think it can have a good sequel . Will you write the sequel ?
1/15/2011 c1 Cateagle
Yeppers, with a "family" like that at Hogwarts in addition to his relatives, Harry has every reason to look elsewhere for education and a place of his own. 'Twill be most interesting to see how the wizarding world reacts if Harry manages to enroll in another school elsewhere and leave Hogwarts behind; no doubt there'll be plenty of recriminations to go around if he tells his story to the media around his new school (imagine the reaction if he goes to Durmstrang and they use his treatment as an indictment of the "Light"). I can see the potential for some "colorful" sequels to this one.
1/15/2011 c1 RobC
Good, but it cries out for a vengeance sequel. :)
1/15/2011 c1 Bedrup
A lot of the time I found it very irritating and frustrating. But I guess it had to be for this set up. I´´ll definately will keep reading.
1/15/2011 c1 4Faia Sakura
Love it! It's always great to read a fic where everything isn't part of a shining world of glittering stars and happiness. This was an excellent twist showing a real portrayal of how an abused child would act. Even though this is a oneshot, I would love to see a sequel or continuation where Harry somehow gains power and revenge.

Faia Sakura
1/15/2011 c1 2Paosheep
I liked this. It was good.
1/15/2011 c1 Teucrian
Good story. You were really, really close to going over the top with the irrational justifications, though.
1/15/2011 c1 Tsundereworks
I'd love to see you continue this stick in the mud mcgona is actually well done. Bravo
1/15/2011 c1 1kalerya
I cried... hope Harry will find happiness in new life.
1/15/2011 c1 6Quizer
What the hell is this? Is this supposed to be an AU story with a more thoughtful Harry, or 'Everyone is mean to Harry Potter for no good reason'? You claim that this AU came about because Harry had a thought he didn't in canon, but the systematic abuse presented here can not be attributed to the consequences of Hermione's death, nor to the Butterfly Effect.

So, what's up with that? As an author, you need to present reasons for things like that happening. You can't just turn McGonagall into the twisted caricature she is in this story without an explanation. Regardless of whether this is just the setup for the story, you don't get away with doing things like this - especially since it's a change that is not likeable. I feel offended and a little bit insulted by the misleading summary and the cheap emotional manipulation via Deus Angst Machina. If your aim was to write something entertaining and fun to read, this piece of writing is an utter failure.

Quizer
1/15/2011 c1 slashslut
oh brilliant! love how it points out the many, many flaws of the so-called "pride of lions" house. don't blame harry one bit for leaving!
1/15/2011 c1 dunlar81
I will tell you that this story was making me mad at first because it seemed to have so much happening to Harry that was really messed up. But the way it ended it might make for a good Harry tells them all to F-off and gets a real education. either that or it could become a Dark Harry story when he is forced to go back to Hogwarts by Dumbeels, one way would be if he still makes it down to the Stone but takes V up on his offer and begins returning the favors to all those who have made his 1st yr alone bad.
483 « Prev Page 1 .. 22 29 30 31 32 33 Next »