for The Worst That Could Happen

4/16/2015 c1 24sohypothetically
Awwww. Poor Gale. I know that he hasn't always been my favorite character, but it had to have been hard to sit idly by and watch Katniss volunteer. Makes me really think about what he was thinking and feeling, you know?

Also, you have a "Marge" instead if "Madge" on the line where she says, "If I end up going to the Capitol..." I do that all the time, so that's why I caught it.
3/17/2014 c1 28brothermine
I love this, I love that it is from Gale's POV I love him! You captured the essence of him perfectly, amazing!
8/19/2013 c1 Sophie
Really cute and beautifully written.
7/1/2013 c1 42theeShadyLady
I really like this story.

My comments are:
In the beginning, you can't really tell who's POV it is (besides the fact that it says Gale's POV in the summary) I just mean that it sounds alot like Katniss when you read it.
I really think it's great how you drug out the beginning and then kept the end short and consice ("Then we are all off to the Reaping and my plans fall apart. My gut had been right. This is the worst day of my life. I just had not seen how bad the worst thing that could happen could be.") These lines are just perfect.
5/30/2013 c1 Vedastus
Interesting that he was thinking of kissing her that morning. I'm not sure why I never thought of it but after reading your story it makes sense based on their conversation. Katniss focused so much on her plight that I forgot Gale's chances were even higher.
3/24/2013 c1 li'mama
Continue!
3/16/2013 c1 Linket
loved it !
2/2/2013 c1 7RJkimasako
very jarring. I love it. good job. I think we need some more gale POV in the hunger games fanfic community.

-best regards, RJ Kimasako
1/18/2013 c1 5Belle453
This is really good. I don't ship Gale and Katniss so I never read stories about them, but this is perfect. There are hints of Katniss, but it's mainly about Gale.

I love the way you've shown Gale here. I've not read any...or even given any thought...that Gale would've prepared his family and that he expected to be the one reaped. What an interesting thought? Now that I've read this, I can't believe I never thought of that and others haven't written it.

This is a wonderful insight into Gale's head...you've captured him beautifully!
9/20/2012 c1 1SlyFawkes
I love this one too. You have to write more stories!
9/17/2012 c1 Megan
I love how you've written Gale, he doesn't sound as angry as in the books, more calculating and aware, which is perfect. I can visualize the story so clearly as it plays out, you have a wonderful way of describing and setting a scene without being to detailed. This is what I imagine Resping day would have been like for Gale, thank you so much for sharing it!
8/25/2012 c1 22truces
Nice work! The writing was good, just a little clunky at times. For instance, 'the sun is not up yet' instead up 'the sun isn't up yet' sounded a bit robotic. Also, Gale wasn't quite as bitter, stubborn, and fiery, his personality wasn't apparent so you had to tell us a lot. Still, good work and keep writing!
7/26/2012 c1 Littlefoot
I am meant to be cooking dinner, but instead I read this (more fun). Well done. If there was more to read I would be doing that and not even be bothered with dinner. :)
2/17/2012 c1 3TheWeekendSinner
Seriously awesome Gale POV. Excellently written. :)

His thoughts about Katniss are adorable.

(If she goes to the Capitol no one she leaves behind will starve. But the odds are in her favor. I say something snippy to her. Katniss defends her. She is right. I am being a jerk. I say that "It's no one's fault. Just the way it is," but the damage is done.) I love how you portrayed that he actually *felt* the wrongness of his comment, but also the helplessness he felt, that *need* to just say it.

(The next problem is that I am not very quiet about how unfair this is.) Understatement of a lifetime! :D

Great way to end it: (I just had not seen how bad the worst thing that could happen could be.)

Nice work! :) Thoroughly enjoyed it.
12/19/2011 c1 147HPfanonezillion
This is such a good story. It is very interesting to see things from Gale's side.
32 Page 1 .. Last Next »