for Love Songs in E Minor

1/18/2011 c1 42KitsuShel
Oh, Kate. That was beautiful! I really hope you do very well in the contest!

=)

Shel
1/18/2011 c1 miamia80
it blows my mind how you write completely different stories and they all sound and read so differently. how do you keep them straight!

i took a look at the pic. wow. you nailed it! i love a guitar playing edward. i love that he wrote these songs for her. you made him seem believable and realistic too. their conversations, especially where bella threw a mug at her boss for hitting on her was really well done.

this edward is swoonworthy. i loved these lines -

"his heart thrums thinking that maybe, just maybe, her reaction is because of the 'my' in front of the 'girl'. " - unf

"It's similar to drowning in the way she consumes him. And if he's not mistaken, she's gasping for air as well. One thing is clear: Edward and Bella match, lock and key." - swoon!

"He can actually hear himself fall in love. That's why it's so hard to play and why his face crumples to hide the embarrassing moisture in his eyes."... "It's desperation and pleading. Somewhere in the middle, he hears his heart crack." - agh! of course you put heartfail!

"I'm going to make love to you until you can't see." -aghhhh!

you kill me bb! i loved it! i think you could continue. maybe even a little novella!

mia
1/18/2011 c1 19edwardsisobel
I really enjoyed reading the story and the name was very well done - minor chords can be so melancholy and that is exactly how Edward appears at the start of the story. I quite enjoyed the single POV too - it make it more heartbreaking to not know (just like Edward) what went wrong until he does. I love that he is writing a third movement - I suspect he will be adding lots of major chords in that one with the sheer joy he is now feeling. Loved it.

Suz
1/18/2011 c1 songster
Never, ever stop writing because I will chase you down and kick your hiney then make you write. I loved this. I just wish I could read your stuff everyday all day. All kidding aside, your writing seems to improve by the piece. You've achieved a wonderful balance between description, emotional content and dialogue, both external and internal. I've never really tried writing something first person and I suppose experimenting with telling a story with only one side of it could be both interesting and challenging. I notice that a lot of stories seem to be told this way. Random note: I always love it when Edward is a musician. The other thing that I like about your stories is that you don't feel the need to push the high life; your characters are real with real lives (well except for the vamps) and they are still compelling. Great job.
1/18/2011 c1 Ishouldntbehere
You said you enjoyed writing this - I enjoyed reading it, too. Very nicely crafted.

Thanks!
1/18/2011 c1 Hadley Hemingway
LOVED this - all your writing is excellent and I continue to enjoy it but this piece really resonates - well done!
1/18/2011 c1 4BilliCullen
Kate, you write the best fucking Edward pov's ever.

I adored this, I read it and savored it like a good dessert.

Bravo bb!
1/18/2011 c1 jjohnson78587
I love this story.

I love what comes from your beautiful mind, katinki.

For a moment, I thought there would only be two "movements" in the story. I'm so happy that Edward had to write a third.

Thank you.
1/18/2011 c1 Alotalittle
What a perfect little wonderful story. There were so many heartfelt and tender moments. Really enjoyed it - so thanks!
1/18/2011 c1 cantbewithoutedward
loved it
1/18/2011 c1 heygirl18
Loved it! Especially with only one POV - made it more like real life I suppose, and you really felt you were living it all with him.

Thanks for sharing and good luck with the contest :)

~ Claire
1/18/2011 c1 Karandash86
*squeal* So GOOD! You surprised me with this one! I loved it so much. This story is amazing. The details you add always make everything pop out and seem so real.

I laughed so hard when Bella was trying her cigarette. The coughing and choking. So true. And I loved how she was his inspiration and just UNF. It's just... I can't even tell you how amazing this is.

LOVE IT BB!

Ni
1/18/2011 c1 1322blue
"Tonight, he took them two at a time." This was the part where I leaned forward and smiled.

"That's my girl." This part made me smile wider.

The girlfriend segment - I love how they skated around it, how much he was trying to hold it together. Then when it started to rain, it felt like it took forever for them to kiss, but it was so worth it.

I loved it from beginning to end, even when she couldn't handle it, I thought it was done so very well. Bella was the perfect mix of quirk and sweet. She made me laugh. And Edward, was just sweet and sexy and... gah. Loved him.

This is such a great story for the contest pic, truly. Thank you for the HEA, too! The little tab thingy on the right hand side of my screen was getting dangerously close to the bottom, and, dare I say, I worried we'd have heart fail. lol Really, though, I simply adored this o/s. You've got my vote, and it's not just b/c you're cute.
1/18/2011 c1 cullengirl1983
Fun for you? You mean fun for me! I loved it! I have no idea how you do it, but this felt... complete. I loved the passage of time. I loved Edward's reactions and his voice was funny and snarky and so sweet. Just God. Amazing! You have my vote!
1/18/2011 c1 1jansails
I imagined Edward up on his rooftop, solitary, letting his aloneness define his days, his nights.

Not knowing how to move past his perch, both literal & figurative, Edward stays, stuck in his mind numbing job & uninspired music.

Bella breaks Edward's monotony, bringing anticipation, excitement, interest, curiosity, & notes begin surging through him.

Then, Bella gives him the moon & the stars in one day, only to breaks Edward's heart, sending it into a black hole of loss & despair.

Edward does the only thing he can, sending Bella his heart in his music, hoping to bring her back to him.

Thankfully, his gift works, reminding Bella of everything Edward is & has been to her.

Really wonderful work, beautifully written.

jansails/jan2