for Harry, Haruhi and the Philosophers Stone

2/18/2011 c5 5Majin Hentai X
You do realize that Asakura must go after Harry with a knife at some point or you'll disappoint the Haruhi fans.
2/18/2011 c5 datenchi
I'm guessing John is Kyon?
2/13/2011 c4 6Darker Charon
Glad to be reading a new chapter. Good to see Itsuki and "John Smith" there. I think it would be interesting to see how much of Kyon's role that Harry takes and how much John does(whom we all know is Kyon).

Let's see SOS Brigade sorting:

Haruhi- easiest sort ever. Gryffindor. She is nearly fearless after all.

Itsuki- He's clever and ambitious enough for Slytherin, but he's also smart like Ravenclaw. I'd believe any of those two.

John- He's too lazy for Hufflepuff, he is smart enough for Ravenclaw, but he's also courageous so he may just go into Gryffindor with Harry and Haruhi.

I don't know what Yuki or Mikuru will be named in this story but it will interesting to see them.

Also loved Haruhi showing how badass she is.
2/13/2011 c4 5Majin Hentai X
Koizumi has appeared which is good. So that means Yuki and Mikuru are going to witches. Well since Haruhi is still Haruhi how long will it take for her to get bored and change the universe.

Since Harry's the new Kyon its his sacred duty to keep the universe from being destroyed but how will Harry come into his Kyon responsibilities. Unless the John in the boat is Kyon under his alias John Smith which beklong to the Doctor, and he's going to tell Harry the truth and show him a closed space.
2/12/2011 c4 17AshK1980
Nice work as always
2/7/2011 c1 3carlos13
god job
1/31/2011 c3 17AshK1980
nice work!
1/28/2011 c3 6Darker Charon
It's an interesting divergence having Snape take Harry to Diagon Alley instead of Hagrid, and I like that Snape seems a little more sympathetic to Harry. Haruhi on the other hand is going to probably annoy the heck out of him.

Lucky for our heroes, Draco has no idea who Haruhi really is. I am looking forward to their next meeting.

I like the interesting parallel you alluded to with Lily and Snape and now with Haruhi and Harry(muggleborn witch is childhood best friend of half-blooded wizard from a not-so-good background).

It will be interesting to see how the Weasley family will react to Haruhi(I always liked how Molly treated Harry).
1/23/2011 c2 17AshK1980
Nice work on this update as always! Keep up the great work!

Sincerely,

AshK
1/23/2011 c1 AshK1980
Nice start to what looks to be an excellent story!
1/21/2011 c2 6Darker Charon
I liked how you handled Haruhi's telling Harry about getting her letter. And later he finds out that he's also going to same school as her. Heartwarming for sure.

I also like the respect for the Harry Potter canon without repeating too much of Rowling's words. I also found it cue that she named her owl Oni and that she's teaching Harry a little Japanese.

The preview has got me intrigued too. Snape taking Harry and Haruhi to Diagon Alley? That is dramatically interesting. I wonder how Haruhi will perceive Snape.

One small nitpick: I know the British call it "the telly", I'm not sure if they say TV.

I also love that you chose Sakura for Haruhi's mother's name. Since she's like a surrogate mother for Harry here and her name means "cherry blossom" which is like the names of Harry's mother(Lily) and aunt(Petunia).
1/20/2011 c2 Solartiger
Oh boy, Hogwarts don't know what wild times are ahead
1/20/2011 c1 Darker Charon
As a dyed in the wool Haruhiist, and a fan of the Harry Potter series, I am really interested in this crossover.

Interesting how the Suzumiyas put the Dursleys in their place. Considering what Haruhi's personality is, Dudley got off easy there. (After all, she did dropkick someone once for saying the word duel)

This chapter overall was well-written. And I can definitely see things being better for the universe and all when Haruhi finds out she's a witch(although Arthur Weasley and the rest of the Ministry of Magic are gonna have a handful dealing with Haruhi's unintentional reality warping)
1/20/2011 c1 Solartiger