for What a Peace Is Mine

11/10/2019 c1 3LaKRipper
I always love coming back to read this. Even though you haven't continued this for so many years, the prologue and first chapyer are just so well written. Also, all of this is 25k long so I cant complain.
10/26/2019 c2 Suzanne666
Have we any hope of this being continued? It is very good and I should like to see how it proceeds.
6/26/2018 c2 13SweetSwizzle614
Well? We're waiting.
10/14/2017 c2 50Rose and Psyche
Are you still alive? I certainly hope that you are.

I hardly ever bring myself to review anything, since 99% of fanfiction is not worth reviewing. But the 1% that is worth it leaves me dredging hopelessly.

You are one of two authors on here that has any conception of what True Grit was about, and an understanding of the time period in which it was set. This 'continuation' story has a sounder premise than any of the others (which are so full of holes, they could act as sieves). I understand how life catches up to you, and writer's block sets in, but I think you would have a considerable number of grateful readers if you continued this one (You are also the only author who has remembered that Mattie would have to mount her horse from the right side).

I love True Grit for its honesty and it's 'realness'. The only other book I can think of that measures up to it is 'Savage Sam'.

Would be very glad if you continued. :)
2/1/2016 c2 Guest
I am heart broken that chapter 3 hasn't made it up :.(
8/16/2013 c2 Kit
Are you going to continue!? It's so good!
9/30/2012 c2 Annie C
This is fantastic so far! I love the historical threads you've woven throughout and the letters between Mattie and LaBoeuf were amusing. I hope you still have plans to continue this- it's been excellent! :)
8/10/2012 c2 Panda
I cry because this fic hasn't been updated since last year and I just love how you've set it up. Truly it is magnificent. Well, I will continue to live in hope of updates!
6/26/2012 c1 151Qoheleth
Dear xcgirl:

I see an anachronism. "Ms." is a coinage of the women's liberation movement; it wasn't used in the 19th Century. (And, while I'm being a stickler, I might also mention that the phrase is "a central *tenet* of Our Lord's teachings". "Tenements" are dwellings.)

Sincerely,

Qoheleth
4/22/2012 c2 Thallys
This is the second True Grit fanfiction I've read, and really I'm happy I did fall into it. This story you've crafted is amazing, truly. The correspondence had me roaring at times, I must say I am very excited to read the next bit !
2/6/2012 c2 pamelawright
This is a wonderful piece. Witty and interesting. It stays true to the original theming of the film which was so well-crafted, but your historical details and sure handedness with suspense give it a definitive voice from the author.

I very much enjoy this and hope you see it through to it's finale.
1/28/2012 c2 KrnYong
Is this to be continued? Please say yes :)
1/28/2012 c1 KrnYong
I must admit that by the time I had finished the first cahpter, I'd completely forgotten that it was just the prologue :P

It was completely absorbing in that Mattie and LaBeouf were written very well. You managed to cappture thier voices, and I could hear them talking as I read.

I especially loved their little nicknames for each other.
12/10/2011 c2 3DammitJim
Great fic! Can't wait to read more!
10/20/2011 c2 6wickedtrue
So, this? Is AWESOME.

I love the details, the rapport between Mattie and LeBoeuf, the little glimpses we get to see Mattie with her family. Mattie is so very IC: in charge but still rather rough in her social delivery.

I thought the first chapter was going to be a setup to this grand swept romance (and cracked up the whole time at their letter exchange), but you have a plot! An awesomely set up plot, and I ate this whole thing on my lunch break.

I know you must be terribly busy, but I do hope you continue this. You have a great style, and selfishly, I want to know how it all works.
81 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »