for Death Eaters at the Malfoy Estate: The Collection

7/15/2017 c7 Spirits in the Sky
This is one of my new favorite stories. WOW.
2/10/2017 c7 Saint Snape
So glad you posted the story here. It was fantastic.
1/29/2016 c1 9Kraken's Daughter
Of all the HP fanfics I've read over the years, this one has stuck in my mind the most. I remember reading it back in the day when it was on The Boiler Room. It took me a while to find it, because I couldn't remember the exact title, but I'm so glad I finally did. It still makes me laugh out loud. This is my favourite Snape (and Lucius, Voldemort, Dobby and Barty), forever and always.
11/29/2015 c1 12deweydelle
Oh holy hell. I KNEW there used to be good Harry Potter fic back in the day. I knew it. After all this time - god, ten years? More? I didn't remember DEAT itself, but I stumbled on this randomly and started reading and all the memories flooded back. I was practically quoting along in my head while I re-read it. This had such a huge influence on everything I've written. I love the pacing, the dialogue, the totally irreverent but delightful characterizations. Thank you so much for this and for reposting. Somewhere, someone must still be writing HP fic like this, right?
2/26/2015 c7 cztelnik
Freaking awesome! All that jibbajabba sez Jackson.
3/27/2014 c7 Guest
This is such a good story:)
9/23/2012 c7 no-id3243242
thanks for writing! it was an amazing journey and i'm so glad you shared it. Your spelling is great and it was an most enjoyable read.
9/18/2012 c1 11asiacheetah
'The soft, green, inviting couch. Sleep on me, it purred, bury your face in my pliant, breast-like pillows. I want you, Severus. We need each other.'

LMAO!
9/8/2012 c7 the emerald dragonfly
I loved your story !
8/9/2012 c1 Fluffy Loefel
So, I just felt the need to tell you the following:

I read this , what seems like ten years ago, on the Boiler Room website. I hast thought of this fic in years. Recently started watching Breaking Bad and I thought, wow, this would make a great crossover. It suddenly occurred to me that I had kind of already seen it done.

I honestly could not remember much about this fic, other than it including drug concoction, Snape, Lucius, and a very flamboyant Barty Crouch Jr. I searched for this for days, trying to rack my brain for relevant info that I could use as a search term. Finally an epiphany hit me, and I remembered Barty's "yay, ice cream! " line. Found your fic within seconds.

It's even funnier than I remembered. I don't know who it says more about, that you are really so clever, or that my sense of humor hasn't matured much over the years. I'll go for the former!

Seriously, bravo. One of the best written fics I've ever read. So damned clever and spot on. I'm thanking Circe this is even still available online. I had a terrible feeling it wouldn't be. So glad I was wrong!
8/4/2012 c3 1MsVendetta
Oh my god, this chapter was so adorable. The whole puppet charade was so cute, i don't think anyone can deny that.
2/14/2012 c7 6Grindylowe
Oh my goodness, ladyprimrose! Pretty sure I remember you from the Diagon Alley forums back in the day.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write me. I'm really glad that my story has been of comfort to you. I lost my mother in 2005, and I suffer from depression too, so my writing being a source of joy for you in such a hard times means a lot to me. That is pretty much the best feedback any author can hope to get. So thank you.

All the best.
2/6/2012 c7 1theladyprimrose
I cannot tell you what a joy this story has been for me over the years. I started reading it back when you had it in the Boiler Room. I suffer from depression, and whenever things are rough in my life, I always come back and read this story. Sorry, I know that sounds sappy. But I wanted to thank you for Myra, and all the hilarious characterizations of Snape, Voldemort, and all the others. Through the death of my mother, through a failed engagement, and so much more difficulty in my life, this fic has always made me laugh, no matter what.

Thanks again.
10/9/2011 c7 1afiendishthingie
I just wanted to say that I absolutely love this story. It is, if not my absolute favorite in this fandom, at least one of my top five favorite Harry Potter fanfictions. I actually first read this years ago but it's been one of the ones that I periodically go back and read.

The characterizations are approached in a unique but I felt authentic way. I could see Severus being like this as a very young man. Same with Lucius and Narcissa. Voldemort just cracks me up.

Also, I loved the music references from the seventies. I mean, any story that references Iggy Pop and the Sex Pistols has gotta be really awesome.

I like how you showed Severus' character progression to the morose man that we know and love. Once again, great characterization.

Finally, I love Myra Psue. She's leagues above most simpering OCs. I always am happy when I see an OC done correctly. Ocs don't have to be Mary Sues which your Myra illustrates beautifully. Thanks for providing so much entertainment.
8/17/2011 c7 6The Love Bug
Hullo! (god I haven't written a review in ages...)

Um...the reason I liked this story was mainly the fact that it was set clearly in the 70's. So many people forget that this dark time existed :) On that note, all the drugs were amusing too (yes, yes, people I know have died from overdoses but that doesn't mean it isn't funny when a fictional character gets high on meth.)

I also liked Lucius Malfoy's character and general nancyness-my favourite characterisation of him is as a well-dressed, oppourtunistic whore. Thoroughly approved of the Kid's cameo as well.

Criticisms would be...a seriously lame pun (Myra Psue? Funny the first time, not since, unless it's a Psmith reference in which case FUCK YES) and a little overblown with certain bits of Myra's past. Whilst I liked her, I just cared about other characters more, which is always the danger with an OC. She was well-written, but that's just me. Also, I felt her being American was unneccessary. But then, so were the Pants of Erised and they were great. What can you do? :)

Anyway, thank you for the good read!

-TLB