for The General Lee

10/4/2014 c1 1356-2478
Oh!
I absolutely love this! I found the original recording of the song by Johnny Cash and I still listen to it often on my iPod!
I just love the way you put the story together!
4/4/2013 c1 TheMotorcycleBoyReigns
this was really good.
10/9/2012 c1 5Divawannabe24
I loved this story. I like how you mentioned The Oak Ridge Boys getting caught in the sped trap. I also loved the PSA about leaving reviews at the beginning of your post. That was hilarious. I try to leave a positive review and I'm never mean to the writer. It's their story and they can write it however they want to. I had one person who didn't like the fact that I used a spirit in one story and then someone else said that the female character was kind of "it's all about her" in the story. She is my character and if she can do everything then so what, that's why it's called "WRITING." LOL.

Karen
7/29/2012 c1 Sissy Duke
AMAZING! GREAT JOB! I LOVE IT! I had chills through the whole thang. : D Thank you fer writing this.
6/30/2012 c1 11Corinne Tate
Okay, I just had to give one of yours a shot. I'm going to try to review as I go and c/p it in. I chose this one because it's a one shot, and I'm not a big reader right now, sorry. I'll also warn you, I am a very critical reviewer. I'm not trying to tear you down, but only help you improve. And of course you're free to dismiss anything I've got to say.

You might want to set off your Author's Notes in the beginning with bold print, or a line. I know sometimes squirrely things happen in formatting, but it will show more definitively where the story starts.

You might want to capitalize Ladies Club, if it's one organization.
“Bo sent his attention back to the road and saw a black car on the side of the road...” It seems repetitive to say road twice here. Maybe “...and saw a car pulled over in the grass.”
“When the man back away from the hood...” typo, backed.
“Said the man with dark hair in all black.” This feels awkward. Perhaps, “said the man with dark hair, all in black.” That would fix it, but this might be a good place to put a more detailed description of the man than just his clothes. Also, I'm sure you've discovered since this story, that the punctuation should be: “Dialogue,” said character. A comma is inside the parenthesis, and the period is at the end of the sentence.
“...if you'd had made it another mile...” typo, if you'd have or if you had. (Actually this is forgivable in dialogue.)
“...put in a call into Cooter...” typo, put in a call to...
“...exchanged handshakes with 'The Man in Black' and watch as he headed into the direction of Atlanta.” typo, watched. I'd also change this to, headed toward Atlanta

It's a true southern thing that a man can call other men “boys” and no offense is meant or taken.

I'm going to ignore the total improbability of a famous singer who drives himself all by his lonesome to events. I'll even ignore that those would be rural roads that would pass right through Hazzard County. These sorts of things happened in the show. But it really does go a teeny bit too far for him to have heard about the speed trap and the car. Not to tell you how to write your story, but in this instance, it might be fun for Johnny Cash to tell them the story about how he heard about the General Lee. Going a little deeper could make the improbable sound believable. “I've got this guitar player in my band, and he's from one county over. He tells of a legendary car that can't be caught, flies, and disappears like a ghost...”

I really like the way you've made Johnny a good ole southern boy too. Cute that he called shotgun. I also love the joke that running moonshine wasn't considered a crime to him.

I'm a little forgetful of my Dukes facts. Does Roscoe talk to them through a bullhorn? If so, you might want to add that when they're in two different cars, seeming to converse. Oops, my bad. C.B. I forgot.

Another nitpick, you might want to change the bold print to italics, so it looks like it's still part of the same story. I was actually pretty surprised to look up the song, as I'd never heard it.

Okay, I hope I haven't offended you with this review. I know it seems there are a lot of criticisms, but I'm sure it's because this is one of your earlier works, and they're really just little things. Overall this felt like an actual episode of the show. It makes me think of a lot of the things I'd forgotten about that time. C.B. Radio – that one got me!

Sad to think this story could never happen today. Police cars have cameras, gas is too expensive to be out driving for fun, the Confederate flag is considered racist, and the air bags would have deployed when the General Lee landed on the other side of the pond. This is a nice slice of life from a much simpler time. Thanks.
5/26/2012 c1 20civilwarrose
Love this! LOL at Mr. Cash asking, "Rosco?" and Bo's answer, "He's what passes for a Sheriff around here." Good thing Mr. Cash got to get to his concert and write his song for them, and not just be stuck singing for Boss! I like the song, trying to imagine it in Johnny Cash's voice.
6/8/2011 c1 AndyDuke
This was so cute. I had to Youtube the song and take a listen to it while I was reading it. Fantastic job!
2/25/2011 c1 Vector 426
Great job ! This would have made a great addition to any DOH episode.
2/19/2011 c1 8Dixie Lee Duke
Awesome! I'm always open for trying to turn a song into a story. I'm always open to any ideas.
2/19/2011 c1 Sarah
Brilliant ! I love this story...and a great way to tie in the song. Great work.
2/19/2011 c1 15DixieDavenport
Great story! Explains how the song could have been written.