for I See A Darkness

2/18 c16 27StopTheMadness
This was an amazing story. Your writing is fantastic and your representation of the characters were spot on. I really enjoyed this.
2/8 c16 Artemis1964
Just found and enjoyed your story. Thank you for writing it, and finishing it
1/18 c16 9Local-dragon-haunt
Holy MOLY! This story is amazing through and through! You’re an excellent writer, and grasp the character’s motivations really well! By FAR the best crossover fic I’ve read of these two teams, lol.

Keep up the good work! You’d better write more or it’s a crime, lol.
1/5 c1 57titepuce5929
I've read it again and I still love your story.
12/1/2020 c16 13A07
Probably one of the best criminal mind supernatural crossovers. the story is detailed and makes sense, enough info to guess what might come ahead but not easily. Logical plot. Great work! Thanks for rhe read
11/17/2020 c16 1Lily Belladonna Took
I am so glad I found this story after it was complete! I might have died from suspense otherwise. Dead. Thank you, thank you, thank you a thousand times over for the hours and effort it must have been to pick it up, blow off the dust, and finish it! I don't know where you left off, so I don't know where the seams are - they sure don't show! The story is cohesive and tightly-plotted from start to finish. Despite the large cast, each character shines, and the scenes in the cabin are electric. I seriously just want to read them over and over again. I may have "only" read this story twice since first picking it up in August, but I've replayed those scenes in my head like a toddler with a Wee Sing tape.

Here are some more things that are awesome about your story:
1) Your characters are so distinctive and likable that even though I knew squat about Criminal Minds when I started reading, I cared about them pretty much instantly.

2) As I think another of your reviewers mentioned, you did a fantastic job of making the case both a BAU case and a Winchester case. It felt completely appropriate and logical for both groups to be working on it, so the collaboration between the two groups, however unofficial or fragmentary, was natural and productive. You wanted them to work together because they all had important insights to offer.

2.5) The case was an important and well-developed part of the plot and was approached, researched, revealed, and dealt with as such.

3) Your decision to use siblings as a theme was an obvious choice (I think everyone knew from the moment we learned siblings were a target that Sam and Dean would end up in the killers' sights), but a) it was still suspenseful, and b) you ran with the theme. You have enough sets of siblings-Ricky and Glenn, the various pairs of victims (most famously Thomas and Michael), the siblings Reid thinks the Winchesters are at first (that idea of Dean killing the kids as a way of killing-but-not-killing Sam), and, in a more figurative way, the familial-type relationship the members of the BAU have (but particularly Morgan's reaction to Reid and Garcia's abduction)- that it gives texture to the comparisons and food for thought.

4) Your ending. It wrapped up the story and gave the reader a warm glow (like in the graveyard, only less stinky) while still leaving your options open if you ever return to this verse (please do! Reid has to text that number eventually!)

Things I would like to know more about:
1) How did Morgan and Reid not hear Sam ripping away half the basement staircase?
2) Why were Dean and Sam so sure that Ricky wouldn't come back? Too tied up in his now-departed brother to have a tether to this plane?

Thank you again for a ripping good yarn. I can honestly say, after combing through pretty much every single gen Supernatural crossover on and Ao3, that in my opinion "I See a Darkness" is easily one of the top ten best Supernatural crossovers, maybe one of the top five. It's what, 74k words? I read the whole thing today. It's just that hard to put down, even the second time through.

(Tiny side note: Your grammar is generally quite good. One quirk you might want to watch out for in your writing -and maybe you already do, since I mostly remember it in the early parts- is making sure you use the correct form of the verb after forms of "have." I remember you using "had went" instead of "had gone," in Chapters 1 and 3, for example. I think that's likely regional speech patterns creeping into text -my husband, whose family hails from rural Oregon, says "had went"- which works well in your dialogue, like when Dean says "drug," instead of "dragged," but not so much in the narrative description.)
11/8/2020 c12 12Diclonious57
777th review jackpot!
11/5/2020 c16 5thegreatroshen
Phenomenal. The characters are all captured perfectly. This feels like an actual televised SPN/CM crossover.
9/7/2020 c16 2Rumpfy27
awesome story
9/1/2020 c16 The Panda Goddess
oh my gosh, I loved this so much! I loved how the universes crossed over, I loved who, how and how much each character got a glimpse of the other side, I loved Reid and Garcia being buddies with Sam and Dean (aahshhwgdvha omg my autocorrect just tried to change Dean into Dead, I can't even), and GO READ THE BOOK SPENCER EVERYTHING WILL MAKE SENSE
8/31/2020 c10 The Panda Goddess
SAM, NO
DEAN, NO
GUYS, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? GUYS, STAHP
8/17/2020 c16 14Assan-Mahariel
Lemme wipe away a tear because I legit thought that this story would never get finished, and I am so happy that it did
8/5/2020 c1 11sakarrie
Very engaging! I absolutely loved your villain duo and their whole dynamiccomplex, but not overly so! I also was able to enjoy and understand the vast majority of this without knowing the slightest detail about Criminal Minds so great job at keeping the writing clear and SPN-only-fan-friendly! Great fic!
8/1/2020 c16 Guest
Hi. Thank you so much for finishing this. When I explain FanFiction to people I tell them about this one. Using the platform to go beyond the series. I checked often for updates over the many years and you delivered. Great story. And you are a great writer. This story captures both shows. FUN.
7/18/2020 c16 28The Alien of Pluto
You finished it!
I always wondered how this would end and I thought I'd never know for sure. What actually happened is so much better! The Trapps' plan was pretty cool and it played off the Winchesters really well.
Thanks for the fic recommendations (Eat it Twilight is great) but more importantly thanks for this story!
781 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »