for Torn and Frayed

7/28/2011 c4 46T.L. Arens
If I were a fish, this would have been the BEST BAIT I'd ever taste! I could not stop reading it! I hung onto every single word, waiting and hoping and cringing and I felt SO badly for Dean! I've read a number of stories where the writer attempts to describe what Dean suffered, but many of them fell pretty dang short. The body doesn't remember pain and as a writer myself, I find it frustrating to describe something with words that can't be felt by the reader. Here, the hands, ripping and tearing, came pretty close. I clearly envisioned the demons-as black smoke-engulfed Dean and tore him to pieces with fingers and claws. I did, however, feel the heat Dean suffered (apparently from fever)

Wow... you gave me chills here!

I enjoyed reading the situation through Dean's eyes. He's always been fearful of being alone and that he did find himself like that intensified his despondancy.-beautifully written.

The siren really messed with his head. I painfully remember that episode. Sam said some pretty mean stuff, but I dont' think he meant it. How could anyone discount Dean's trip in Hell?

The strongest point made in Supernatural is that there seems to be a curse on those who hunt down things of the preternatural follow a dark and cursed path. And there's no turning back. That's certainly the case in Dean's and Sam's lives. 0.o.

Oooh! there's more to come, isn't there? :D
7/19/2011 c6 Lbdba
As always, anything I read of yours is excellent. Its great when people go deeper into the episodes since with a series there is not enough time or money to maybe do more of what most people would like to see. Which is probably why I'm so addicted to reading fan fiction.

Thanks!

Corina
7/3/2011 c6 35borgmama1of5
I feel the need to explain why I took so long to comment!

I don't do well with WIP because I lose the thread of the story. And when an author I really, really love writes one, I bookmark and wait until it's all done, then devour it in one sitting. I had some time today, and looking at my bookmarks decided to check if this was finished-and was delighted to find it was, and sat and read and guh!

You are one of the top writers of what is going on in a Winchesters' head!

Everything you had Sam think or say was not only in perfect character with the way the show presented him in this season, but it expanded his POV in a way that was completely believable!

And Dean-his flashback to Hell and then waking in the motel to no Sam-absolutely, indelibly showing how broken he was and yet still fighting!

You gutted me with the authentic pain of what has happened to their relationship.

I don't think I have words to say how this affected me!

Please, please keep writing! You have an incredible grasp of these characters and I want to read more from you!
6/9/2011 c6 Jessjess494
Hey, I finally got around to reading this and I think you did a really good job of getting in Sam's head. Poor Dean, rupturing his appendix twice! Well done I thought this was a really sweet ending. I loved the brotherly love in the reliving old times. Good luck with your surgery,

Take care,

Meg xox
6/6/2011 c3 Barranca
All these thoughts about Dean closing himself off and not coming clean with Sam sound a little too much like pot calling kettle black. Which was probably your intention. Ruby has put some really annoying convictions in Sam's head, may she burn in hell.
6/6/2011 c1 Barranca
Ugh, your 'Sam voice' sounds nauseatingly righteous. Can we blame the dulling of his perceptions on the demon blood or the fact that Sam is a dick?
6/6/2011 c6 dl
Great story.

I really enjoyed it.
6/4/2011 c6 143PADavis
Hey Hon - I enjoyed this very much. And how wonderful to give him an appendix again just so it can make him sick. Bless you! LOL Some really nice characterization in this, and nice S4 insight. A great job.

Phoebe
5/17/2011 c1 589K Hanna Korossy
I had some serious reservations about this fic going in, both for when its set and for its apparent theme. How can anything end well in S4? But you wrote some really sweet h/c here, and some revelations that instead of further unraveling their bond, shows how its strength was what let Sam fool himself. Sad but not depressing, because you know that even though things are going to get much darker soon, it's still the brothers we know underneath and what they have will survive.
5/17/2011 c6 18BarbaraGER
Awesome, this one!

I especially love the idea with the double appendix, you had me scratch my head for a moment there :-)

The way Sam goes almost berserk at the good doctor is another part I really enjoyed...

Thanks for sharing, brilliant work!

Barbara
5/15/2011 c6 Guest
thankyou for yet another well written story. I love the ending. So good to see the boys together. I struggled with season 4 and Sam's betrayal, I'm sure you're right, Sam did question his actions or else he wouldn't be the Sam we all know and love. And Ruby was a demon what could be more persuasive?

good luck with the surgery. Looking forward to your next story.
5/15/2011 c6 Aggie12
Really great story! I think you did a really good job at describing how Sam was probably feeling throughout that season.
5/15/2011 c6 zuimar
Gosh, what an amazing chapter, I'm gonna re-read this one lots of times! Great ending to another great story, you really managed to portray S4 Sam in a very good way, great job.!

I look forward to your next story and good luck with your surgery! Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
5/15/2011 c6 grea8read
Nice job, as always. I am glad that you brought Sam around.

Can't wait to see what story you have in store for us next. Come on hard drive, give it up!

Good luck with everything next week.
5/15/2011 c6 10Zinfer
great job on the fic ^_^ very angsty, but i love how you fit some TLC and brotherly love into a season that was lacking it. keep up the good work and ill be waiting eagerly for the next fic :)
128 « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »