for Why Me?

11/7/2015 c1 Guest
Absolutely amazing and thought-provoking account of what the stage manager envisions as he/she must interact with the dead. I'm blown away, truly. I'm currently portraying Rebecca Gibbs in my school's production and I feel so much more in tune with the play after reading this. Thank you!
4/12/2015 c1 Guest
I love this! I played Emily a year ago and I miss it soooo much.
1/15/2015 c1 Carrie
Wow! I know this is years later, but I just read this and it blew me away with the depth of character in the stage manager. This is one of my favorite plays, and I had played the part of Emily just this past year. This is how I felt with how our stage manager played the part. This is fantastic!
7/9/2013 c1 3SkinOfInk
This makes sense for the stage manager. And it's so so sad, just like the play. Your last line was the best, loved it, sent shivers up my spine.
11/10/2012 c1 1DarthSmiles
I liked the added characterization a lot. The person who played stage manager at my school him happy, so this was a nice contrast.
11/23/2011 c1 2Gracieling
I love your characterization and this makes me really sad:(...
11/19/2011 c1 11PKAquaFlame
Great job! We're doing Our Town as well (I got the part of Joe Stoddard and I'm a girl) and tomorrow (technically today because it's 11/20 over here) is our final performance! Yay!

*ahem* Moving along...I thought it was awesome that this was in the Stage Manager's POV, because he's probably the one we know the least about in the play.

All in all, awesome fic!

~AquaFlame
9/14/2011 c1 13dreamingwhileawake13
Ah! Beautiful! I love that you wrote something from the stage manager's POV, and I think you are right on topic. I am also a girl, and had the oppourtunity to play the stage manager last year, so I became quitefamiliar with the character. This is simply wonderful. You captured his/her's emotions exactly.
7/24/2011 c1 42juniperwing
Very, very good job with this xx
6/22/2011 c1 7wouldsomebody
Insightful. . . . I've always thought that the sympathy the Stage Manager has for the people he has to initiate into death is all-encompassing, but I never considered the option that he/she does the job involuntarily and is caused anguish by it. You've definitely given me something to consider. Thank you.
5/1/2011 c1 1loveladybug
That was absolutely amazing! I'm doing the play now (i'm one of the dead) and we're playing it a little bit differently, but that was really good. I might recommend this to Josh (who's playing the Stage Manager) so he can get some ideas on character development. once again thank you!
4/10/2011 c1 3ettrainwreck
This was awesome! I have played the role of the Stage Manager in this play, and I could see him saying something like this as one of his monologes. I enjoyed reading this very much.

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service