for Hunt, Play, Love

3/29/2011 c2 reinamarie
i like the way you talk about animals and Drizzt. do u know in the new books, catti isn't there? it's real sad. i've just got the new Gauntlgrym when he is very different and upset about his friends gone.
3/29/2011 c1 reinamarie
Penny! hi u still like drizzt? haven't seen u in a while... remember me? you read a bit of emeralds...
3/24/2011 c4 2BluePhoenix21
Ah, homelife... Love that you are showing how tender they feel toward their children as well as how they relate to each other both with and without the kids. Nice to know they have shifted into their roles as a family (including Drizzt still going off to save the world, lol) and that their adventuring days are not all there was for Drizzt and Catti-brie (that was too restrictive for me in the canon novels, and now we'll never see how it would have worked out. ~grumble~ )

A satisfying ending! Heh... all the way around, I would say. ;)

I love your stories, and I was happy to see another one posted. You never disappoint. {HUG}
3/24/2011 c3 BluePhoenix21
WELL FINALLYYYYYYYYY ! ! ! ! ! !

You know I'm your Numba-One-Fan, but after several stories of Zak and Vi in trouble, with tension building, and most of the time the kids skating free of physical deterents, WOW what a shock to see Drizzt's parental attitude finally finding cause to smack their little butts! (Which, I would add for any of you nay-sayers out there, a green branch whipped over clothing would sting but would be more of a mental shock than a hard punishment to anyone other than a child who has rarely been physically disciplined before.)

By this time in his life, surely this Drow who was raised and trained in evil Menzoberranzan has realized that there are huge differences between there and here on just about everything in life, and that relationships with loved ones are the most important to understand. Still, the wrongful impressions he grew up with were surely ingrained as natural responses, especially when it's so easy for children to be children -leaving Drizzt to find appropriate ways to deal with parental situations. I love the way you portray Drizzt's tenderness with his children, yet his firmness that there are more important things going on here than his reluctance to punish them. You show him as a reasoning adult taking on the tough job of placing their needs first, including showing that his love does not diminish due to his child's immature actions. Very important, that part...

I was hugely interested to see what would finally cause Drizzt to react so sharply (but under control, mind you) that he would choose to cause pain to their posteriors! You finally did it, good for you!

To Dracarot:

As you point out, this is Faerun, not 21st Century Earth, but it's more than a different 'lifestyle'. In their Reality, children have reached majority (adulthood) at the age of 15 and are expected to be able to handle themselves by then. Indeed, many children lose their parents early, as this is a rough and dangerous planet; it would be a failing on the parents' part if they did not teach their children how to find food, make a fire and cook it, as well as how to hide and handle weapons at a young age. Funny, I thought people would complain that Drizzt used physical punishment, but not about the fires, lol.
3/24/2011 c4 1alicelouise58
That was a nice ending for the story.

Overall, it showed realistic interaction between siblings.
3/18/2011 c3 alicelouise58
The method of punishment is in keeping with the time setting. In medieval times punishment was much more harsh; than in the story. That being said, there wasn't controversy. I like the point that Drizzt made about the importance of forgiveness even if the other party is not sorry.

Another good twist was having "The Good Son" being more of a culprit than the daughter. I a;ways saw Zak portrayed as that.

Anyhoo, keep the stories coming.
3/14/2011 c2 1Dracarot
DRIZZT YOU IDIOT! I Don't care if this is Faerun and thus a different lifestyle. You do not leave a five and seven year old to tend to their fires alone. We learned that before the TENDERFOOT level in Boy Scouts, the TENDERFOOT. The only rank below that is plain Scout!

Anyway good chapter though Drizzt's 17 in Intelligence and Wisdom (yes those are his actual scores in them, I managed to find, them) seem's to have been ineffective this time around...
3/14/2011 c2 2BluePhoenix21
*roars with laughter* Yep... parenting sounds JUST like that!

Any minute now, Drizzt and Catti-brie will offer the children to Bruenor for several tendays while they go off Adventuring. At least being in the wilds fighting monsters would give them a little peace and relaxation! :)
3/14/2011 c2 1alicelouise58
Uh-Oh. I sort of hope the finding of the kitten and the bear is symptomatic of a bigger problem. I'll just have to read further.

I like haw you have Zak as the less than angelic party. As for Violet, she'd be a Matron Mother in the making without Mum and Dad's intervention.
3/10/2011 c1 2BluePhoenix21
AWWWWW... This story is VERY cute. Family life can be quite a challenge, and quite different from adventuring! Can't wait to see where you go with this.
3/10/2011 c1 1alicelouise58
Good short story. I like how you seem to be introducing an adventure with the find of the kitten.

This possibilty is woven in with Drizzt's and Cattie-Brie's everyday family life,
3/10/2011 c1 5OhShirleyUJest
By now, I think I've managed to read all your English fics on the site. This, like the rest, was sweet. I like them. The one thing is, in the summary, there's a bit of a typo. Well, more than just a bit of a typo, you'll see...

They may be AU, but they are sweet. I look forward to any continuation or upcoming stories.

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service