for A Voice in the Darkness

8/28/2021 c1 6Cristal Plateado
I remember reading this around the time you post it. I was 15 back then. I'm from Mexico, and I grew up with my mother telling me what to in order to avoid being kidnapped. It's a common terror most woman here share. I've been talking about this story with many people over the years, and I couldn't find it, until now. Thank you. Although I grew up like that, we kind of don't want to think about it because is not pleasant. But is something to be acknowledge. Thank you.
7/21/2021 c1 kmfroggi
Thank you for writing this true and terrible reality that we all know is there, and are afraid of every day! Truly heartbreaking
5/25/2021 c1 Mayuri love cullens
Your writing .. I have no words to express how powerfull your writing is..
4/27/2020 c1 Guest
Heartbreaking read. The sex trade is worldwide but people like to believe it doesn't happen.

I've read many stories of Edward abusing Bella but it turns into a HEA.
You wrote a awful story but for so many people out there there's no way out and there no happily ever afters.

It's sad that people turn a blind eye for example Alice knew something was wrong and tried to confront Edward but that meant Bella was abused even worse.
Sometimes when you see abuse you don't know where your place is. Do you try help?
1/20/2020 c1 usherkate98331
Thank you for sharing and bringing awareness. Anyone who has been in an abusive/controlling relationship can relate. I've been there, not to this degree but I was there. This kind of thing really does happen. Thank you again.
8/30/2019 c1 Kath Potter Cullen-H.T
This was. . Damn rough. It's worst if you think about the reality in it. It's a freightening world.
7/25/2019 c1 1Chaichii
Thank you for writing this. In a sea of romantic fanfiction between Bella and Edward I find it really compelling that you decided for Edward to be the main abuser in this story and not James. It forces us to stop and let go of all the notions and things we already know about his character, and imagine him in a much darker light in order to get a point across. Modern day slavery/sex trafficking is a real issue I hope we can fix. Thank you for using this platform to bring awareness to it.
1/26/2019 c1 diamondnightskies
Fuck. This was incredibly written. Absolutely horrible subject matter to think about, and of course nobody wants to, which is why it's so important that people like you choose to shine a light on it. Thank you for that!
3/14/2018 c1 Rose
I was a fanfic addict.. Espicially those of Edward and Bella. It doesn't matter how Edward is portrayed I love him want him to have his HEA with his Bella.. It was a nice escape from reality for me till reality hit

It took me a while to realize I was in an abusive relationship for because I assume most of his behavior was normal. We were in love, he shower me with gifts, apologize and seems remorseful when he grip my hand so tightly enough to bruise. He has to know about my whereabouts always, monitor my phone calls and literally hate my friends. I thought he wanted the best for me and loved me so much.

There were some times I woke up in the middle of the night to him having sex with me (I still don't know if I should call it rape because I was his gf and our relationship was sexual) It wasnt until the beating started that I start questioning and analyzing our relationship and how much I can could take because I loved him. I felt to traped and helpless. His apologies and gifts wasn't cutting it anymore because I just wanted out.

My heart races and skip whenever Im with him, I became something I'm not... Weak! I'm glad I finally got out even though it was messing by almost leaving him blind with cayenne pepper.. That was when he realized I was truly done and left me alone.

The point of sharing my story is that I wish his behaviors wasn't so normalized and glamorized in this fandom. I was young, naive, he was my first bf and he was my Edward in most fiction.

Looking back, while enjoyed the fantasies and all the HEA in fictional stories I wish there was a dose of reality too.

Thank you for this thought provoking piece of Ark... I love your raw honestly.
3/9/2018 c1 Guest
Thank you for sharing a story that needed to be told, I'm so shooken up! I feel pain and empathy for victims around the world and want to help in some way, I will research this subject further. Thank you for sharing
11/7/2017 c1 fla.polo
Wow. The saddest thing? It still happens worldwide. Great writing, despite the facts depicted.
10/22/2017 c1 Ivy Pattinson
Her choice, ABSOLUTELY!

Thank you for writing this and shining light on a horrible reality! I wish so many times this never happened but sadly every single day a woman, girl, man, or boy is taken into this horrendous life. Just where I live we have a news group that works to update instantly and there's always kids going missing. Breaks my heart because I pray that they're ok, but know that something like this is more than likely happening.
10/22/2017 c1 15Claire Bloom
You wrote this story with such grace including the abhorrent scenes, and you'd words gave Bella the dignity and voice she was denied.
If it's possible to say so, with regards to such a tragic story, I really did enjoy this tale.
2/27/2017 c1 4SarcasticBimbo
Fantastic piece. I would do the same thing in her shoes. :-) Thank you for sharing your talent.
591 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »