for Bringing Out the Blue

2/15/2017 c4 6BooksAreMedicine
Yay for more Sokka and Zuko friendship :D

Good for Zuko to show Aang the good in firebending, one step at a time.

I do love how observant Sokka is here too

It was so nice to hear more about the good that can be done with firebending and what Zuko wished he could do a leader...his plans are pretty good
2/15/2017 c3 BooksAreMedicine
I am really enjoying see all of the Sokka-Zuko interactions. It's nice to get to see both of their strengths...on the show they didn't get as much credit.

Poor Sokka though, Zuko doesn't realize that rejected the Boomerang was insulting in Sokka's mind.

Nice twist here with Zuko catching up with them.

I like how they are opening his eyes about his father and his shame slowly.
2/15/2017 c2 BooksAreMedicine
Whoa, Zuko's eyes are opening, I'm so glad he asked about that instead of just sticking with his own assumptions.
Iroh did try and hopefully Zuko will hear what he's saying eventually.

I do love how Zuko feels when they are happy to see him, it's been a long time for him, and he never had friends before either.

Good thing he is helping them out too.
For all his talk of debts, they seem pretty well balanced thus far.
Plus, he should get a confidence boost for how tough they think Zuko is
2/15/2017 c1 BooksAreMedicine
Wow, I like how much smarter Zuko is here, weighing all his options and thinking things through so well with the writing and cauterizing and all.
And he got to laugh! And show off his impressive training too.

His honor did shine through when he refused to condem Sokka and Katara to death to achieve his goal

I liked seeing the change with Lit Jee too and Zuko is smart to pay attention since he does have rotten luck and is at risk of injury a lot.

It was nice to see Aang listen to Sokka's wisdom and caution here. Very fun to see Zuko interact with the Gaang too...good cover story, all of it true but vague enough to pass.

I like how well he and Sokka get along too, if only Zuko was on their side, they'd be much better off with his experience and his voice of reason to add to Sokka's.
The moment at the end was great :)
2/6/2017 c18 godlet
I've re-read this story several times (it's magnificently emotionally healing), and only just this time did I seem to truly appreciate Zuko and Iroh's conversation here. The "You're difficult; so what? You're a child going through impossibly hard times that aren't your fault and I, the adult, am not going to harm you for this." really hits home, and it's really important.
2/1/2017 c25 mean melon
This is the second review I've left since I read the 26th chapter but I'm not really sure what I write in the last one so here you go:

I love this fic, and I know that you haven't updated in a year and a half or so but I really hope you continue at some point, I would love to see more of the characters interactions. I th do think it's a bit week in some areas, I think that Zuko isn't as naive as you've written him at times, especially early on, and that Mai's reaction when talking to Zuko when he questions why the fire nation didn't save the children the Air Nomads stole was kinda unbelievable, but I really like Blues interactions with the team and Iroh and Toph's perspectives. I also like your writing style a lot and how smoothly you transition perspectives, it's always clear but subtle who's perspective you are now reading from.

I really do enjoy this story and hope you return to it one day, but in the meantime I hope you stay healthy and happy.
1/29/2017 c18 9slyfoxcub
Oh god, this chapter, the second half anyway, just drove a dagger straight through my heart. This fic started off interesting with some light-heartedness, but sick and torture/abuse fics are a secret guilty pleasure of mine, which is why I kept reading.

I love fics that spend time and words on rationalising people's behaviour. I'm a massive fan of HIE: Hollow In Equestria, even if that's more science/morals based, for that reason. But when Zuko, in hysterical confusion just asks the one person who's stuck by him to please burn him, either because he feels he deserves the pain because he's so stupid and worthless that pain is the only way for somebody to teach him something, or thinks that because his family always burns him(Agni Kai, fire-tag with Azula) that that's how you show someone you care - because Azula and his Father must love him, because they're family and without them he has nothing - so why isn't his Uncle hurting him?

Basically, this chapter made me want to hug a Zuko plushie and never let go. In lieu of dragging the real one from your fic to do the same. *Wipes tears away with a tissue* Iroh, Zuko needs hug therapy. Lots of it. Every day. With a liberal sprinkling of telling him you love him. Every day.
1/17/2017 c1 Anonymous Fangir
I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS FANFIC
1/16/2017 c26 2Yuki082
Ackkkkk no! More please very soon!

—Yuki
1/5/2017 c26 Pause143
This story is incredible! I absolutely love how you go so in depth with Zuko's inner turmoil and that you gave him a background in healing. I also adore how you added background on the genocide of the Air Nomads. History is my favorite subject, even fictional History. My favorite part by far, though, is the spiritualism. Zuko's connection to the Blue Spirit, his manipulation of chi and the heat sense ability are ingenious. There's a lot of other things I could mention but I'd probably end up typing an essay on how awesome this Fanfiction is. I'm a bit dismayed that the updates are pretty slow but I understand having health problems. I'm going to college soon so I hope you can find a way to update faster (I carry around a journal all the time and write when I'm on the bus or during passing period, whenever there's a few seconds of free time) so I have some way to escape the horrifying reality that is adulthood. :3
12/29/2016 c23 writenotright
WVERYTHING IS GONNA GO DOWNHILL IM SO AFRAID FOR ZUKO
12/11/2016 c26 jaymzNonoel
Very good story! I love it! Please continue! :D
11/22/2016 c26 4meladi1
Love the story so much. Many interesting scenes you put in. Katara's line is... all I can say is "OH fuck" and I think Toph and Zuko agrees. Is this ever gonna update though, or is it given up upon?
10/26/2016 c26 11glistening moon
I know it's been so long since this has been updated that it'll likely never be updated again, but I've spent the last day reading this and enjoying every chapter! It's wonderfully written and pace is steady and the build up is excellent. Even if it is never updated again, I want you to know this has been a joy to read and you've done a marvelous job of capturing the individual voices for each character.
10/17/2016 c19 Guest
Great chapter! Loved Katara's pondering at the end. Also love how you keep weaving Blue in and out of the story
1,306 « Prev Page 1 .. 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 .. Last Next »