for Bringing Out the Blue

7/24/2020 c20 StarryEden
I really enjoy Zuko's interactions with the real Blue Spirit. I haven't seen that done anywhere before, and it's such a cool idea!
"She warned more than to just be good old reliable Katara, but she didn't know how to be anything else."
Oof. I feel like that line really captures Katara's character.
It's really cool that honing his connection sense and using as a tool, instead of just glossing over it like in the show.
Interesting details as to how she actually accomplished building the drill.
Holy hell, that encounter with Azula was painful!
7/24/2020 c17 StarryEden
I love that headcanon for why Zuko always calls him Uncle!
And how they work together with both water and fire bending to heal him.
And that firebending net trick is pretty cool!
And Zuko getting offended at Aang only acknowledging when Zhao captured him. XD
And Toph being baffled about when, if, and why Zuko's telling the truth!
7/24/2020 c16 StarryEden
Oh my god I love that he actually (reluctantly of course) accepts Katara's help to heal Uncle! It really makes sense for his character here, especially in the context of him having gotten to know the Gaang more. As I said before, I love your characterisation of Mai! And Toph is amazing as always. And Sokka's still being (rightfully) suspicious. <3
I think this is my favorite chapter so far, and that's saying something. Thanks for writing!
7/23/2020 c16 StarryEden
7/23/2020 c15 StarryEden
Zuko's thoughts on earthbender vs firebender farming are interesting. And I love his perspective on Aang's accusation, and trial, and the prison system in general.
And Aang instantly making friends with all the inmates and the guard.
7/22/2020 c14 StarryEden
He still says "That's rough, buddy"! XD I love it.
And the airbenders' knowledge sanctuary is such an awesome idea! It really makes a lot of sense that that's why he felt called there. And of course, Zuko's conversations with Sokka and Katara were amazing!
7/22/2020 c12 StarryEden
I never felt like Mai and Zuko had much chemistry in the show; but the way you write them here is really nice. And their secret code is awesome!
The whole idea of Airbenders stealing babies is very interesting. It never was explained exactly how the whole being-raised-by-monks thing works...
And I like Katara's speculations on what's going on with 'Blue'.
7/22/2020 c11 StarryEden
Thanks for the new Vocab word: verisimilitude.I love Jee's pov, and he and the rest of the crew's mutiny! And now they know Zuko's alive!And the Blue Spirit's interactions with the Gaang continue to be my absolute favorite part of this!
And Zuko noticing how observant Sokka is of him... :D
7/22/2020 c10 StarryEden
Lol! Zuko terrifying the guards as the Blue Spirit, and then telling them off for abandoning their posts as Zuko is amazing! I really wish I could copy-paste to quote things on FF
I love Zuko being both annoyed and impressed when actually competent fire nation soldiers get in the way of his plans.
And Iroh's antics are awesome as always!
7/22/2020 c7 StarryEden
I love your portrayal of Zuko so much! Watching him plan, and sneak around, and act, and make up stories, and alibis like this is extremely entertaining. Holy hell, he's good.
7/21/2020 c4 StarryEden
I love Zuko's perspective on Aang refusing to firebend, it feels very genuine.
And Sokka not knowing how to be friends with someone his own age? Yeah, I relate to that.
"The fire hater didn't teach you how to put out a fire?"
Lmao, good point actually.
"You make it sound like a big problem, but you talk enough for the both of us."
Lol, nice.
And Sokka noticing the flames lowering the slightest bit, and being suspicious: Awesome!
7/20/2020 c1 StarryEden
Oh my god I love this so much! I usually only read fanfic on AO3 but I had to make an exception for this. Zuko is wonderfully in character; this is such a cool scenario, and I think you write it very well. Aang's boundless enthusiasm, and Sokka's skepticism, and Katara's passion are all spot on! And I liked the bit with Lieutenant starting to sympathize with Zuko more. And all the hilarious one-liners. Just all the conversations here, and Zuko trying to communicate without talking are great! Thanks for writing and sharing!
7/7/2020 c26 16voilawriter
I just read this and loved it. Thanks so much for sharing, and I hope you are one day in a place in your life when you can and want to finish it.
7/7/2020 c26 IconicAnemone
ooh, snap. Come on, Katara, did you really have to do that?
7/2/2020 c26 Aurealin
Woooooooooooo
Plz update it’s too goooddddd
1,304 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »