for Bringing Out the Blue

6/3/2020 c15 9Prince Pondincherry
It's really good that Zuko's keeping his opinions to himself still. No matter how justifiably angry he is that the others are forgetting the Avatar killed a whole bunch of Fire Nation soldiers, he still doesn't seem to realize that if the Avatar HADN'T done anything, another nation would have been wiped out by his own.

OH. Maybe the other prisoners were unexpectedly nice because they were actually decent people thrown in jail on trumped-up charges by the unjust town? Not sure why I didn't think of this when I watched the episode. Or maybe they're just nice because he's a kid.

Roku's not the smartest cookie, but I'm pretty sure he didn't mean what Aang thinks he did. Roku said that if Aang doesn't stop Ozai, it would be very bad. That doesn't mean everything will be fine if he DOES stop him.

I love the painful irony of Katara thinking Azula might be more open to negotiation than Zuko.

I'm surprised that Zuko got that truth bomb out of such a difficult conversation, but I'm glad he did.
6/3/2020 c14 Prince Pondincherry
I can see why Zuko thinks the Avatar went overboard, but "killing all enemy combatants" is totally a proportional response to "enemy combatants attacked unprovoked". It's certainly nicer when you don't have to kill very many, but it's still justified to do so.
Zuko's probably also right that defeating the Fire Nation fleet removed any possibility of a treaty with the Avatar (as long as Ozai sits on the throne).

It only now occurred to me that the lost-bending-through-trauma thing might be a natural form of energy-bending done to yourself.

I really like this whole "airbending history" interlude, and the guest appearances by Roku and Kuzon are great.

I love reading Zuko's rationalizations for how the worldview he's been taught could be correct without compromising his morals. Like the idea that fire is the "superior" element but not the only important one.

Yay, Katara's helping Zuko work through his stuff! And more importantly, Zuko's actually willing to work through his issues and wise enough to ask for help with it!
6/3/2020 c13 Prince Pondincherry
Hmm. This could be interesting. I know just enough about LoK to wonder if this has something to do with whatever Toph ended up doing in a swamp (which I'm guessing was this swamp)?
6/3/2020 c10 Prince Pondincherry
I love how Zuko just KNOWS Iroh isn't a traitor, even though he's very close to one. But Zuko's definition of traitor doesn't match Ozai's, even if he doesn't let himself realize it.

I love when Zuko's insults towards his uncle describe him equally well. Like "How could a man so amazing act so much like a clueless child at times?"
6/3/2020 c9 Prince Pondincherry
Ouch. This hurt. Poor Iroh. And great job showing that he's not some perfect father figure for Zuko by any means, while still making me feel for him a lot.

The "Zuko doesn't realize it's a trap" divergence could be really interesting.
6/2/2020 c26 Tree
Ok so I'm actually going to get an account for this site so I can subscribe to this work or whatever the equivalent is. I have an a03 account but I never got one for . But I like this work so much, and I don't want to forget it. This is really well written and maybe one of the best fanfictions I've ever read. Thank you so much for writing this, I hope you'll continue to do so in the future.
5/28/2020 c17 mattywilkss
okay, zuko's willing delusions about his family are starting to get fuckin old.
5/28/2020 c11 mattywilkss
how many chapters do i have to skip to get to the part where zuko is no longer a naive douche?
5/26/2020 c26 QK
When you read something amazing that’s not finish... This is amazing and I really hope you come back to it
5/18/2020 c26 Guest
Did I stay up all night to read this? Yes.

Do I regret it? Hell no.

This is super awesome, and I loved every second of it! I hope you're feeling better!
5/17/2020 c4 5garden galaxy
I like blue bonding with the gaang
5/17/2020 c1 garden galaxy
I like this zuko
5/13/2020 c26 2Kirazalea
Oh my god! This is by far my favorite Avatar story that I've ever read! It's the perfect balance of canon compliant while still adding an interesting twist to the story and expanding on missing scenes, like with Mai and Suki parts. I adore all of the Iroh povs as well, since it gives the best insight into his character and how his journey after Lu Ten's death affected him that I've ever seen! I also really enjoy all the little hints about Zuko's life that the gaang gets to see through Blue's filter, and they fully recognize how much tragedy Zuko's life has been filled with. They have so much sympathy for him, even if they don't know it.
I could honestly go on and on about how much I love this story for hours, but I'll stop there lmao. I know it's been years since you last added to this story, but if you ever come back to it, I'll be eagerly waiting to read the rest of it! You're a fantastic writer and it's an absolute pleasure to know more about the world you've crafted.
5/12/2020 c26 LuffyLover
Dun dun duuuunnnn! Loving this story! Can’t wait for more!
5/7/2020 c21 2LoveGlutton
Did zuko use lightning redirection on the attack on her ship?
1,305 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »