FanFiction.Net
for Rio: Forgotten Memories

7/30/2023 c15 4Wolf-025
I don't know what to say other than this is genuinely one of the best stories I've ever read.

I don't know why, but I just remembered the Rio fanfics one day and began to look through them and found this.

I said I would read the first chapter, but more or less read the entire thing in one day. I'll definitely reread this again and again to pick up more details.

I don't know if you will read this. If you do, thank you for this story. I loved every moment of it!

Sincerely: Callsign: Wolf
12/30/2020 c15 37Proffesor Ass Spiders
Wow, this ended up being far, far better than I thought, based on the first chapter or two. But this story is inspiring and almost beautiful at times. Maybe it was the music I was listening to, but this was an amazing story.

The action was good, and the arc was one of the best character arcs I've seen for a character in any Rio fanfiction. This was great. I commend you for this.

I have nothing else to say. Thank you for this story.
12/29/2020 c13 Proffesor Ass Spiders
Well, this story is great. I love the change of heart for 2 of the smugglers. (I've loved the humanisation of them as being more than just evil) The dream sequence and themes of forgiveness and redemption are amazing. The story just gets better and better as it goes along, and I love it.
12/29/2020 c8 Proffesor Ass Spiders
The scene with Blu and his stuffed mother was actually very sad. I had never thought about that. When it comes to sad/emotional moments with Blu's parents, its either:
1. Blu finds them and has an emotional reunion
2. Blu finds the empty hollow and never finds them
3. Blu finds things that indicate they had died (Feathers or skeletons, the latter of which is quite damning)
So it was really interesting to see taxidermy like this. Also the thought of the place is quite sad.
12/29/2020 c4 Proffesor Ass Spiders
Very interesting. I thought Andrew would immediately be berated by the others. But it seems that will happen later. I honestly feel bad for him, especially at the end.
12/29/2020 c3 Proffesor Ass Spiders
Didn't expect him to try and smuggle Blu. Hmm, but it is gonna be interesting to see what happens next. Especially with the scolding he'll rightfully get from Blu.

It is cool to see a transformation in this be not instantaneous or have the character pass out and turn in a puff of smoke. It sure did sound painful, although didn't hold onto it for it to have a real impact and capture the agony that would ensue. While I don't expect An American Werewolf in London levels, I would've preferred it to hold on the transformation for longer. But its still better than most I've seen.
12/29/2020 c2 Proffesor Ass Spiders
Surprisingly, you actually make me feel kind of bad for Miller, even though he is the villain. It is good to see the villain/smugglers not portrayed as soulless sacks of shit, even though they kind of are.

While the fakeout would usually elicit a sigh, in this case it does manage to be well integrated and does effect the plot significantly. Not to mention the imagery is a nice touch.
12/29/2020 c1 Proffesor Ass Spiders
Well, I was going through the forums and I decided to check you out. When I saw this story's description, I figuratively came myself. In a nutshell, the idea of interspecies and body swapping is incredibly fascinating to me. Unfortunately, few stories have tackled this concept, fewer still are good and this is one of 2 stories that are actually finished. (The other being some Brother Bear-esque story)

While Fantasy Can Happen for Real in Rio is the superior story, in terms of quality and length, this is a decent story. The idea of putting someone who hates birds, and participated in the capture of birds (including the one with Blu) will be so fascinating to see play out. I wonder if there'll be a feeling of guilt when Andrew encounters Blu. The drama is so epic sounding. I find these scenarios to be far, far more interesting than any action scene.

While the grammar and detail could use improvement, it was readable and was satisfactory, for me at least.

I'll leave reviews as I go on. I am aware that it is kind of silly to review a story from 2011 as if the author would read it, but you have updated your bio a few days ago and updated a story a few weeks ago so I assume you're still alive.

Also I never have that problem with farts, I usually just hold it in and the urge goes away after 20 seconds, and reappears a few dozen minutes later.
12/29/2016 c15 nicopop
every time i see Rio on the tv i come back and read this story...
its still as good as it was the first time i read it...
2/24/2014 c1 Dragonninja-fan
AWSOME
2/11/2014 c2 Dragonninja-fan
WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE. DIYOSUS IS THE GOD OF WINE YOU JERK PAN IS THE GOD OF NATURE. GO READ PERCY JACKSON AND THE OLYMPIANS IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME I WILL NOT STANDBY AND HAVE THE GREEK GODS MIXED UP!
7/24/2013 c15 LucidPhoton
Is there going to be a sequel? I was really hoping that "Clyde" would end up with a love interest. I'm fascinated with stories like that.
9/28/2012 c15 vdademj93
This is one of the best fanfiction I've ever read. Good work! I hope you do a sequel!
8/26/2011 c15 dragonrider
ever have i read an such an aswome story of rio before please make squale of this story or whatever you call it
6/19/2011 c15 Mr.Schmidt
I still have to disagree with reviews that call this work "unoriginal". I mean it's a matter of perspective, but I thought that there was a really strong theme throughout the story. Plus, it's hardly unoriginal if it stems from the author's personal experiences. Yeah it has it's kinks and unnecessary details at times, but then what story doesn't? This epilogue was pretty good. Overall nice job I hope you decide to write something more. If you can't think of a sequel, some one-shots, side-stories, or even a new story arc are all possibilities.
58 Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »