for Exquisite Beauty

5/22/2011 c1 ljhjelm49
Awe perfect
5/9/2011 c1 2random987123
that was very fun to read! the title was very clever and i loved the quote. great story!
5/6/2011 c1 Duckbutt
Wonderful story! I just wish that CH would take a clue from JF writings and do "side story" books with her characters. She would have a thousand years of history with Eric and could make quite a book of his various adventures!

CH -are you listening?

Pat
5/1/2011 c1 2jade012
Really enjoyed your story. Loved the Poe tie-in & dark, yet romantic aspect. Perfect subject matter for Eric & Sookie. Also enjoyed the literary & cinematic allusions. Thanks for sharing. Well done & original!
4/29/2011 c1 4angieluff
This was such an intriguing story, I loved how you interpreted Poe into this. It was both romantic and a bit dark. Thanks for sharing & I look forward to reading some of the submissions to your contest
4/29/2011 c1 fffbone
This was really nice. I like how you set it up with them in Fangtasia. Sookie working there now. Eric still has Poe's stories. How cool is that. I wonder what other treasures he has.
4/29/2011 c1 1nbc24
This was a very well written and engaging story. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Thank you so much for sharing it.
4/28/2011 c1 4BonTempsCutie
Great job bb! It was an honor to beta for you! As I mentioned, I loved both parts of this story and would be happy to read more of either.

I enjoyed your Eric & Sookie - happy, loving, together.

And I also enjoyed seeing Eric and Pam in their early days. They were so cute together, for vampires lol. But it was sweet to think of them as lovers, and the way he protected her.

And I love, love, love the way you wove in EAP into all of this. And of course Eric still has all of his old poems. I can picture Eric taking that box with him as he traveled around the world.

Thank you for sharing this story!

xoxo

btc
4/28/2011 c1 5floogz
I so enjoyed this beautifully written story. You managed to weave Poe's history and work brilliantly into this in a very accessible way.

Aside from the content of the story too, I really enjoyed your characterization of Eric which seemed very spot on to the restrained yet calculating vampire from the books.

Brava!
4/28/2011 c1 3Northman Maille
Brilliant Mare! Kudos to you and your lovely beta, you guys make quite a team, I have your NH fic on my list.

This was beautifully done, delicately interwoven with the present. You managed to show two sides of Eric his Area would never see...the man who feels sorrow for a great talent and appreciates his art enough to care for him in an unvampire like way. Also his love and regard for Sookie, yes of course he wants to do bad things with her (and who'd refuse our Viking?) but he is also content to make a nest for movie watching. He is somewhat domesticated without ever being neutered :)

You have a great talent of saying and showing just enough. Nothing is ever over stated. You could have Eric turn Edgar, and then allow him to be found, but that would have spoilt the subtlety and pathos of his death.

The use of Annabel Lee was perfect. It fit so well with Eric's love for Sookie, echoing the mournful quality of a love that will end whilst he goes on. Lying at the tomb.

Beautiful, perfect, artful and affecting.

Bloody well done mate! As Bones would say...:)
4/28/2011 c1 luvvamps
Very very nice. You write beautifully!
4/28/2011 c1 JillieJo
Wonderful story, I just love the Poe twist!
4/28/2011 c1 Chipndalegal
That was fantastic! I love when Eric is patiently plotting a seduction, and this was a good one. The addition of Edgar Allen Poe's last days as a backdrop was very cool.
4/28/2011 c1 erin1705
I loved that! I really like your version of Eric and Sookie, especially Eric. The trading things to get what he wants is hilarious and totally devious! I hope I read more things from you!