for Hindsight Is Not Perfect

1/26/2020 c10 7TheButterflyComposer
at this point, I regret the death of qui gon. I feel he would have been a great utility for the story you tell later on, what with being a jedi of emotion and compassion more than rigid dogma or die hard belief in the force (mace and Yoda respectively). anakin turning made sense, and was terrifying, which is appropriate, though the way it happened means that from now on everyone from the jedi to padme are going to be extremely careful around him. it's going to make those relationships hes counting on to exist (obi wan and padme) harder to create in this timeline, and as strong as he is, he won't survive the shock of not getting their love.
1/26/2020 c1 6era-romance
k. I can already tell I'm going to love this fic. your first chapter lead me to tears...a cathartic release I think. it would be a amazing as a one-shot, the fact that there's more? I'm in fanfic heaven!
1/25/2020 c1 7TheButterflyComposer
Pushing aside the time travel thing which is...an excuse for the story so we'll go with it, this is still a great beginning. It pretty much sets up the character and the issue of Anakin sky walker for the next three stories perfectly. He's powerful, he's tired, he's extremely broken and never, ever, been in a healthy relationship outside of his mother his whole life. Child slave and soldier, cult survivor (both Jedi and Sith), war veteran, torture survivor, quadruple amputee...he's been through a lot. Obi wan dropping him right in front of his raped to death mother as a nine year old child produces a fairly expected result: complete disbelief followed by sobbing.

It occurs to me that Darth Vader the character was always intensely vulnerable despite being far and away one of the most powerful people in his galaxy's history. Presumably this is part of his appeal to audiences.
1/18/2020 c8 goober77
I wont be upset if this turns into a doctor who crossover though I will be a bit confused
1/5/2020 c7 Anonymous
This is the chapter that won me over. Fantastic delivery!
1/4/2020 c13 MangoSunbeams
Wow this was great! It's 4 hours past my bed time since I couldn't put it down! I really appreciate how eloquently you navigate Anakin and his personality. I also really love how you had him go over to the dark side but then truly reflect upon it: he was neither perfect, nor dismissive of his lapse. Obi-wan is also wonderful, and the way you have them bonding is just perfect! The Jedi have layers, and I appreciate that you've shown them with so many dimensions. All and all, it was done pretty perfectly. Excellent work and thank you so much for taking the time to write! I'll start the next one tomorrow!
12/25/2019 c1 Tejesh
Just found this story. I look super forward to reading your backlog of two of my favorite fandoms, SW and DP.

I think it's ... pretty damn realistic for Anakin to utterly breakdown finding himself in the past, staring his dead mother in the face. I'm shocked he actually could form coherent thoughts after first hearing her voice. I look forward to reading this 'verse.

~Tej
12/22/2019 c6 Moleluv
Why have you given the name as Cos Palpatine? His first name is Sheev
12/23/2019 c13 8EvilStevilTheKenevil
Well shit. It's 4:46 AM and I just finished binging this. For the record, I'm pretty sure I found out about this through TVtropes, it got referenced in some article that I have since forgotten.

I don't know if you're a fan of the sequel trilogy or not, but to me this was a far more compelling story. There were one or two typos, and one misused apostraphe, but it's definitely a solidly written story, exploring a what-if that just keeps getting more interesting.
12/17/2019 c9 10ThisAintGonnaWork
Oh wow. Absolutely chilling. It doesn’t take much to slip into those old Vader habits
12/17/2019 c8 ThisAintGonnaWork
I love this fic so much. Amazing writing. It’s like you’re in their heads
12/16/2019 c6 ThisAintGonnaWork
I’m loving this! You write Anakin-turned Vader-turned Anakin so well. It’s very creepy. Fantastic job
12/16/2019 c3 ThisAintGonnaWork
Wow I haven’t read a story like this before and your writing is great. It’s cool to see the story of young Anakin play out through adult eyes. Can’t wait to read more
11/23/2019 c2 Guest
Some nitpicky grammar notes:
It's "rein in", not "reign in".
About a third of the way through (in "Option Three", I might note that you probably meant "On top of that, he would be forced TO confront face-to-face" instead of "On top of that, he would be forced confront face-to-face". Another note: "off" is already a preposition, so there's no need for an "of" after it.
"His biggest argument about option, though...""His biggest argument against that option, though..."? Just a suggestion, there's something awkward about the wording (in my opinion).
While we're talking about that section, I love the way he tries to logically decide what to do about Obi-wan showing up, after leaving it to the last minute. He did pretty well, all things considered!
And I love seeing him figure out all these things about himself, long after the fact. He's such a tragic character. "When had his goal turned from protecting those he loved to gaining and holding more power?" That is a good summary of his character journey, and a question I think most people bypass when writing about him, to make him eeeevill.
Anakin seeing Padmé again is so good... but I thought I should warn you that there's mention of angles in there. While I'm nitpicking.
But, I do love how bad Anakin fails at acting like a little kid. It's almost endearing, all on its own. Decades of Vaderness won't just o away 'cause he's back in the past. And of course his attempts to hide his presence draws attention to him. I feel that I should probably rewatch the movie to appreciate this more, but it's very well written.
11/22/2019 c1 Guest
I have only read the first chapter thus far, but (again, thus far), I like it. It really isn't fair of people to expect radical changes to the storyline right away, and I totally get wanting to set the stage before Anakin's foreknowlege and experience can change things. I don't think time is a switch that can just be flipped and everything changes.
His reaction to seeing his mother again seems particularly realistic. Sometimes, I think people here just don't have patience for realistic reactions to trauma. That's hardly YOUR fault.
721 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »