for Gundam Wing: Journey to a New Battlefield

4/8/2019 c1 1Gwen Khan
I'm about to start my fifth reread... this story never gets old.
2/10/2019 c32 R.B Uzumaki
finally finished this story now for the sequel.
9/4/2018 c18 1Arkisenn
Ugg...I just can't anymore. It's a shame because I made it so far, but I just can't handle anymore of these damn moments between Murrue and Heero. They're so over the top and happen so frequently and the worst part is; They're all the same thing! Every time these two are together it is a guarantee you will be reading 7-12 paragraphs or more of these two characters extolling to themselves how the other is great, wonderful, they're best friend, how they're there for one another. I tried to mitigate things by just skimming those parts after a while, but again they keep showing up and nothing really comes from these moments other than "its not time yet".

I wanted to like this story given it has two sequels and I liked Gundam Wing, but I can't put up with another 14 chapters of Murrue and Heero talking about how wonderful the other is. You've just written it too over the top, with too much sugary fluff, and just way too many times without really anything to show for it.
9/3/2018 c18 20Lerris
The divergence of Heero losing it to the Zero system was interesting, if not unexpected, yet here we apparently jump right back to canon, with Uzumi dying another pointless death. Had he lived, the events in Seed Destiny would have been simpler.
9/2/2018 c1 Lerris
I'll probably finish this. I'm on 17 currently, but for people reading this, the biggest weakness is canon isn't changed in big ways despite bringing in Heero. You just add more guys on the other side to make many of the outcomes similar, and then cover a lot more detail making Kira a secondary character while always going on and on about how good Heero is and how powerful Wing Zero is. Some relationships change as well and that is interesting I suppose.

Heero by himself is a big change. Heero with Wing Zero is enough to tilt things considerably, but it didn't. He took out a massive number of enemies, yet the war seemed relatively unaffected.
8/31/2018 c22 7Eric Michael Kline
I get the reasoning behind this duel, but it still seems like pointless drama done for the sake of padding.
8/15/2018 c17 Eric Michael Kline
Some of Heero's inner monologue gets a little melodramatic at times. And it still kind of annoys me how he and wing zero steals the show from Kira, Athrun, and their machines. That being said, Murrue's plea to Wing Zero was surprisingly touching.
8/4/2018 c13 Eric Michael Kline
For some reason the scene with Dearka, Flay, and Mirialla just doesn't have the emotional intensity that the show's version did.
8/3/2018 c11 Eric Michael Kline
The politics in this scene is a nice break from the usual action and the diabetes inducing romance between Heero and Murrue. I also applaud your attention to structure and intricacies regarding PLANT politics.
8/3/2018 c10 Eric Michael Kline
The whole Heero/Ramius ship is still a little weird but to be honest the whole overly saccharin feel of it is what really bothers me. Their burgeoning romance is just a little too perfect for my liking. Love needs drama and hurdles and confusion because otherwise it just become trite fluff.
8/3/2018 c6 Eric Michael Kline
The problem with long chapters like this is that they are exhausting to read. Especially when they're recapping things your audience already knows. Instead of trying to include as much as you can, set a certain limit (I.E.-10,000 to 13,000 words) and avoid trying to repeat things your audience already knows.g
7/29/2018 c4 Eric Michael Kline
Not sure how I feel about the possibility of a Murrue/Heero ship. Aside from the age difference, I found her relationship with Mu to be one of my favorite parts of Gundam SEED. I believe that ships should be kept canon though case by case does apply.
7/29/2018 c2 Eric Michael Kline
Heero seems a bit too talkative in this story. I expect him to be a bit more curt. I also question the whole bit about revealing how he's from another universe to be a bit unnecessary. I'm currently reading a crossover between Gundam Unicorn and Cross Ange and there's a scene where Banagher has to explain where he came from and he tells the Cross Ange characters not exactly a lie but more of a half truth. Neither does he outright admit that he's from another world as that could overly complicate things.
7/28/2018 c1 Eric Michael Kline
Okay, to be honest the whole reason for Heero crossing over comes across as a bit contrived. Wing Zero may be slightly sentient, as all the Gundams seemed to be as in the episode where Sandrock kicked Quatra out before it self detonated, but it still needs a pilot to control it.
7/22/2018 c30 Darksnider05
Quick steal all the good stuff from the battlefield.
855 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »