for 25 Ways to Annoy Halt

Lol
7/23/2016 c1 Guest
Two words, LOVE IT!
12/14/2014 c1 59Ghanaperu
Now these characters I do know! Hahahaha - I love these. And now I'm wondering, how many of these did Will actually do to Halt? Like, several of them, right? Halt is so patient, even though he doesn't seem like it.

And after this story combined with your first one I have to say that you are good at writing comedic stories. I appreciate that, cause it's not something I'm good at. :)
8/12/2013 c1 11sagelynaive
LOLOL! I love it!
8/8/2013 c1 20TundrainAfrica
I don't think I can give constructive criticism for a parody! Anyway, I saw this when you posted in the forums and just decided to check out your stories! I love parodies and this made me smile_ so...

FAVORITE! Time to check out the graveyard gilan one!
8/19/2012 c1 haltisawsome
I love it
8/2/2012 c1 6booknerdhere
XD
4/20/2012 c1 4writing-noobie
I'm grinning ear to ear as i type this. Very funny!
2/14/2012 c1 7Bralt
Peachy Keen:) Very Good.
11/23/2011 c1 1rangerforever6
Very funny!
11/21/2011 c1 Wolfiwill
I would soooooo love to do those things to Halt!

It would be soooooo funny!*laughs historically*

* suddenly stops laughing at a very very scary thought...* But I don't think it would be terribly funny if he found out I did all those things to him...hehe...*nervous laugh...* hehe...

That would be terribly scary! *shocked look on face*

Thankies! ^_^ ...

WRITE MORE!
8/19/2011 c1 funny as
the winner for best fan fic goes to

radha24-dusty's apprentice

*applause*
8/18/2011 c1 6cheshiresapprentice
OMG I LOVE THIS IM GGONNA TELL ALL MY R.A LOVING FRIENDS TO READ THIS PLEASE WRITE MORE! and if you need help i have some ideas and now whenever someone ignores me im gonna question there slicence
8/10/2011 c1 28Hibernian Princess
Oh gosh, I giggled through that entire thing. :) Just imagining Halt in a room with preschoolers crawling all over him...oh dear, my face is gonna be stuck in a grin for two weeks. XD Same thing with the huge party-I can just picture him standing off in a corner, looking like he's going to kill the next person to get within five feet of him.
7/28/2011 c1 62Sauron Gorthaur
Hello, radha! I’ve had this story in my sights for some time now, so I finally got around to reading it, and I did like it. Although I’m not generally a fan of “torture fics”, this one was better than most for a number of reasons. First, many lists like this tend to not have much or anything to do with the character’s actual likes and dislikes and are just generally annoying (example: Dye Halt’s hair bright pink), but this list actually deals with Halt’s dislikes, of which there are indeed many. Your first one was my favorite, and definitely worthy of Number 1. The one about chaining him to Svengal (or any Skandian for that matter) is a humorous, but rather scary thought. Putting him on a very rocky ship is also a good one. I’m not sure who would survive Number 17 though, Halt or the preschoolers. Breaking his bow string, however, is definitely one of those that will end in the prankster being torn limb from limb. (The caution at the end was also quite funny.)

The second reason I liked this list more than most “torture fics” is that it actually fits in with the book. This seems like something Will might have made up for fun in his spare time (except for Number 8, of course), maybe with some help from Horace. Since Halt has so many things that irk him, you do see the characters in the books teasing him and purposefully pushing him a little (like the Skandians constantly making fun of his dislike of boats), and this seemed like an extension of that playful teasing.

Which brings me to a point of constructive criticism/suggestion… The way you have it as a list is the way most people do this sort of thing, and it is short and funny, however I think you could have done (or still could do!) a little more with it. I think you could put it very effectively into a story context. For example, I could see you turning this into a very hilarious one-shot with, say, Will, Horace, and Gilan around a campfire making up this list jokingly and reminiscing about Halt as they do so…and maybe have Halt walk in on them at the end and turn the joke back around on them by scaring them all witless with a few threats. Just a suggestion, but I think you could turn this into a really great one-shot by putting it into a “real” context rather than simply having it as a list.

As I said, I’ve been wanting to read this for a while, and I’m truly glad that I finally managed to, because once again, you’ve done a great job. Good work, radha, and I will get around to reading your other stories hopefully soon. (I’ve got “Before” on my reading cue.) Until then, have a lovely summer, and keep on writing!

-Sauron Gorthaur