for Not what they wanted, just Harry

9/7 c14 Urutiyori
This story is so good!
I hope I’ll read the next chapters soon
2/16 c16 Teresa
A very good story
1/9 c9 LadyISarana
The Harry in this fanfiction reminds me of Komi-san! Its so cute!
6/21/2021 c16 Mera
Your story is really great - I truly enjoy reading it. In many other stories it seems as if there is hardly any impact on Harry in regards to his abusive childhood. That is why I like your story so much. It shows Harry's side so much and that it takes so much to change/overcome it.
In one of your last comment you said that your dialogues are stilted - I do not see that. I really like them as your general writing style.
What I did miss was the interaction with other children. You stoped integrating Slytherins. I would imagine that Draco would not stop his torment. I mean Harry bested him with the Quidditch plan. For Dracos ego - surely he cannot accept that. Surely he must try something else - try to use a different kid - maybe pay another student for Harry to have accidents, missing homework, damaged books... really would have liked to see that Blaise sees Harry in shower realized that something goes on and tries to befriend him. I mean during the Quidditch incident he showed that he has power. And isn't that something that House Slytherin values?
But I really like that you made Ron interact with Harry. In the books Ron is portraied as jealous and petty minded. So him trying to go further - even seriously hurt Harry. That is something I could imagine Ron doing. Especially using the Weasly twins. So far there is no interaction between Harry and the twins. So if Ron goes to them with some lies and tries to wind them up against Harry... I am sure that would work at first. As soon as the Twins realize what goes on, I imagine they will retaliate at Ron but until this moment a lot of damaged could be done to an abused boy. On the other hand if Nev and Hermione stand by/up to Harry...
Anyway really looking forward to your next chapter.
6/15/2021 c16 FotoDi
Glad you came back.

I am surprised that the older Slytherins are not more curious about the mysterious puzzle that is Slytherin Harry Potter. Where has he been for the last decade? Wasn’t the last Potter l practically adopted by Dumbledore? Why does he wear such bad shoes and oft-repaired glasses? Why doesn’t he have any personal items like toys, photos, stuffed animals, games, posters, figurines, blanket/quilt, novels, art books, Potter Family items (e.g., Potter Heir’s Ring?),...? Or at least have better Quills, book bag &!trunk?!

Moreover, Harry’s immense magical backlash wave against his Slytherin tormentors while on the Quidditch Pitch back in mid- September should have been VERY important news within Slytherin House. The presumed golden Hero was in fact a tiny, malnourished, hopelessly ignorant, and deathly shy, 11-year-old Wizard. He seemed magically average in his classes. He projected no powerful Charisma or advanced magical skills. Yet, he had produced a wave of Magic so great it was on par with an Archmagus. That unexpected magical feat SHOULD rattle any Slytherin. Young Harry Potter is neither what they expected him to be nor what he appears to be. The real-life Potter is a disconcerting conundrum and bears close scrutiny.
6/5/2021 c4 4BROMBROS
Well the Prologue shouldn't have been repeated. I'm having to skip this chapter completely to continue the story.
6/2/2021 c16 5ferns25100
This story is brilliant!
6/1/2021 c10 Guest
Hi, I should have mentioned this before, but this was too good and I couldn't stop! But now I'm going to head to bed, so I just thought I'd review. Um. I really like the Harry & Neville & Hermione friendship. I'm trying to focus on the good things in the story instead of the slightly darker themes, and I thought this was a good place to start. I like that they've found out about Harry's home life (finally!) and I hope to see a real improvement in Snape and Harry's relationship soon. So that's all for now, see you around!
5/31/2021 c2 3MissBubblez
Awww, why is everyone major dipsh*ts in this fanfic?I don't know HOW poor Harry can endure through all of this torment, especially when he's still so young... it's a great injustice. Not to mention the abuse he's suffering through at the Dursleys. Snape being blind to the signs is really grating on my nerves to, but I'm guessing that all of the adults in this fic are going to be idiotic children.
5/28/2021 c16 bkerrmom1
I love this story ! I am looking forward to seeing what comes next!
5/25/2021 c16 1liz.onia
I just caught up on your last few chapters. Thanks so much for the great read! Really enjoying the Snape/Harry mentorship.
5/23/2021 c1 guest
Hi there!

Right now I'm not up to starting a story that'll take years just to get to the point where you lost interest in it, but I do have a suggestion that I hope you'll consider.

Please don't remove the old chapters, especially if you plan to make significant changes. Some of my favorite stories have been removed, several with the revisions never finished. Instead consider leaving the original up and publishing the revisions as
"Not what they wanted, just Harry-REVISED."
Among other benefits, this will let you mount each chapter as soon as it's ready and keep the new reviews separated from the old.

Thanks.