FanFiction.Net
for I Miss Who We Were

1/23/2019 c1 Guest
Modest or not, it’s written well. We read only Castle.
6/12/2015 c1 19Purple Satin
Thank you for writing this. As a huge fan of the show, very novice fan fic ( castle, ofcourse) witer, fellow shipper...of all Kate's boyfriends, he was the one I liked most and I always felt there had bern something in their past history other than just training officer and trainee. Thank you for giving them a little back story.
2/16/2014 c1 32JustAWriterWannaBe
Excellent job! I can even hear his gruff voice!

Modest effort? Damn good job I'd say.

I love how reading one story can lead you to a new writer and more stories.

I'll be reading your others as time progresses! :)
1/9/2014 c1 41Ky03elk
Oh stab in the heart with all those feels! Killing me here!
thanks
3/21/2013 c1 22honeyandvodka
I love Royce stories. I get sad though! I think he contributed to Kate's wall. I don't even know what I want to say! I have mixed feelings about the guy, about who Kate is around him.

Anyway, great short fic, and I'll read your other one shortly.
2/18/2013 c1 36InkyCoffee
What do I think? WOW!

Here's the thing: I broadly don't like first person fics, because it takes a much higher level of skill to sell being actually inside a character's head. Plus I don't like being told what "I'm" doing. So with that in mind...
This was really fantastic. I think you captured him and his view of her just perfectly. It was bittersweet, and had the needed tone of hardened experience losing out. Not sure I'm even making sense here, but I really, truly enjoyed it.
2/2/2013 c1 36Dana Keylits
Ohhhh, this is heartbreaking! Really well written, I almost think you should write a chapter two, so we can get Kate's perspective? Would love to know what's going on in her mind as Royce is placed in that squad car. How *she* remembers their one night stand.

Nicely done!

-Katy
11/17/2012 c1 Polly Lynn
Hey! HEY! This is great! First person, which I think is super hard to pull off, and you do it beautifully.

And for me, personally, I really dislike Royce. And I really REALLY dislike the thought of him and Beckett together, not so much as a Caskett shipper (in fact, I *like* stories that acknowledge they're both adults and have histories), but the abuse of power is something that just makes me go eugh. But this story makes me see how it could have unfolded and how the two of them could have found themselves needing each other this way and giving in.

Really nicely done.
11/14/2012 c1 10BlindAssassinUK
Hello!

I finally made over here. Sorry for the delay.

I've never read a story told from Royce's perspective. Wasn't sure what to expect, but I really enjoyed it. Much of that had to do with your excellent writing. Seriously, why be a 'reader' when you can *write* like this? :)

My favourite part was this line: "You walked into that cop bar wearing a red dress that showed me heaven..." So good.

Great job. Thanks for sharing.

BA
9/20/2012 c1 81822andallthat
Hey, I guess I found you on here too. :)

Well, here's one well-written, interesting short fic.

I'm not overly fond of Mike Royce - I guess the relationship makes me a little uneasy, much like that a patient might develop for an analyst - and because of whom he has become in the episode you're referencing here. Having said that, your story gives amazing insight into his character, makes him so human in his failures, in his ability to disappoint, in his helplessness in the face of love.

I'm looking forward to reading and reviewing your next story.

1822 :)
7/21/2012 c1 1LivingInSmilesIsBetter
Heartbreaking. Yet utterly beautiful.
7/20/2012 c1 luvagoo
This is really damn good! Very insightful, poignant, clear and simple :)

For some reason I don't really care overly much about Beckett and her history with Royce - not enough to check out that fic you mentioned at the top but I may check out the author ;)

I reckon you should write some more things ;D
7/18/2012 c1 Guest
That's a good one (-shot). :)
2/8/2012 c1 8J.D. Castle
This was an interesting piece. I think alot of people wonder about what that relationship was. Nicely done.
2/4/2012 c1 VMsuperfan