FanFiction.Net
for Promise

9/23/2019 c1 ff.net no longer active
You realise it's bad to hope when you're in the verged of tears and the beautiful sorrowful words just gets to you before even the last sentence. How people changed and others' perceptions could only heal in time, if ever.

This is so tragic. For Belgium to see the changes in him and being unable in help him in her position, makes it even more bittersweet. I've always seen this type of Spain and reading from the perspective of others just made it more the sadder for him.

I like your take of Belgium in this. She is very well-written and the story is very nicely done. Love this!
3/1/2019 c1 136Devin Trinidad
I don't really ship things in the fandom, but this really caught my eye. Just like the gold that you wrote about, your writing is like trying to find something of value and finding a rare gem. It's really well done and the characterizations were perfect. I don't really know much about Belgian history, but I do know that Spain was more than likely not seen in a positive light, especially towards his colonies.

Great job and I hope you have a wonderful day!
1/23/2015 c1 4baozito3
This fic just left me speechless. I love how you portrayed Spain and Belgium!
I'm so glad I found this story. Hetalia needs more SpaBel love. :3
7/30/2013 c1 13damtoti
Eerie, but beautiful. It works well as a short one-shot, but I wish there was more.
12/8/2012 c1 6andy-chan24
Oh wow. This is sad. T_T oh dear. :( But I love the story though. It was very vivid and descriptive. Good job :)
7/6/2012 c1 Guest
This was utterly beautiful. Your style of writing is very unique, and wow just wonderful. You, my friend, have just made me ship SpBel!
12/29/2011 c1 Eliza Varam
So beautiful. Absolutely wonderful. Me gusta. This is amazing. That is all.
12/23/2011 c1 9Korrosive
How bittersweet! The emotions here were captured really well! I can practically feel hunger for more than one thing in here... This is a great SpaBel fic! Love it! *faves*
9/8/2011 c1 3Hetalia Arthur love
Wow. That was so deep and beautiful. I love how much you captured sadistic!Spain's personality so well. Mentally insane, yet still happy and oblivious. I feel sorry for Belbel though. But still, that was some pretty good stuff!
6/20/2011 c1 heygodcomplex
this is gorgeous and so poignantly bittersweet and hnng. i could read this all day.
6/12/2011 c1 4veto power over clocks
This is one of the best SpaBel fanfics I've read, but I think it broke my heart a bit. So sad, so many things lost... I need to find some fluffy fanfics now (and some coherence).
6/10/2011 c1 20Crystalgurl101
So beautifully bittersweet~

An absolutely amazing one/shot! Spa/Bel needs more love, yo!

This was just so sad and angsty! :'( But inspiring all at the same time! Now i wanna write a Spa/Bel of my own! XDD

This was just lovely~ Beautiful story! :)
6/9/2011 c1 6narawangsa
Oh my gosh.

Your fics are just so pretty! And the angst in this - wow, it's kind of subtle and wistful and full of regrets and yet it still has element of unbelievably cute fluff and and and just - !

/sigh.

It's just awesome.

And I'm in love with it ❤
5/30/2011 c1 12shades of scarlet and gold
god. one of the best spa/bel fics i've ever read.

totally makes /me/ want to write one.

but, seriously, this fic was just awesome.
5/29/2011 c1 Ms. Scouting
I adore SpaBel! But oh... these stories always get me a bit emotional. It's always hard to rethink the about what the Spanish (and any other country, really) did to colonies and natives of other countries under their control.

Poor Belgium. Anyway, this was great!
17 Page 1 2 Next »