for Moving On

8/30/2012 c26 CM-x-SN-x-HP-x-roxmysox
Loved it...cant wait to read more! ;D
8/6/2012 c26 22UnstableBlackWidow
You do all these chapters so well. It's like I could see each little addition in every episode. You know the characters and know how us fans would love to see them together. Amazing work. Keep it up! Hope to see a new chapter soon :)
7/20/2012 c26 kellyegirl
Love love love all three stories you've written so far! Can't wait for the next chapter of this story!
7/7/2012 c26 72E Salvatore
Can't believe it took me so long to get to this brilliant piece of work. As usual - beautiful. The way you go from that last line in the previous chapter - so lighthearted and funny that it's almost a joke - to what you've done with this dark chapter... just amazing. Some people do exaggerated reactions and over-emphasized emotions but when it comes to this fic, the little things and simple human ways are what makes this unique and yours. I'd gush more but somehow I don't think this will be one of those dance-filled reviews of mine.

I did not see that turn coming AT ALL. Sure, it's probably been in the back of our minds, a little suspicion - after all, you don't lose your whole life and not think of following those you've lost - but I wasn't expecting you to delve deep into that. Boy, am I glad you did because you did so brilliantly. It wasn't overly simple - in the sense that one paragraph he's moping and the next, bam, gun's out and you're just wondering how you got to that part in the story - and it wasn't drawn out in three whole pages of misery and saying goodbye to the world and thinking of the blue skies and how you'll miss autumn and stuff like that. You nailed this one just right.

As for the kids factor... utterly believable. Completely realistic. I can see it clearly in my mind - Kensi wanting kids, Callen being scared after being burnt once. And the willingness to wait this out and see where it goes is so them. So that was just perfect.

That last bit with Callen and Alex? That he can actually thank her for not letting him just end it and be with her? I don't know if I'm reading into this too much as usual, but that's a powerful last line for me right there, that he can appreciate this new life of his. I've somehow always felt as if he enjoyed life with Kensi but would have traded it in an instant for what he'd lost, but this changes it for me.

Bravo, bravo, bravo! One of your best yet, in its stunningly simple and human ways. A perfect beginning, I think, for the second half.

xoxo,
E.
7/1/2012 c26 31TwilightPony21
Wow, the bunnies were definitely struck with inspiration! What an intense chapter dealing with Callen’s darkness. I loved how you wrote Hetty and Callen there. Aww, and I think that Lily needs to help Kensi give Callen a little push on getting her a sister. ;-)
7/1/2012 c26 472Angel N Darkness
you did a great job on this chapter... love it... update soon...
6/29/2012 c26 harryginny9
thanks...brilliant...awesome...
6/28/2012 c26 3alix33
"through it at the wall." - "threw it at the wall", where "threw" is the past tense of the verb "throw", while through" is an adjective, even though the two words sound the same (homophones, they are called). And I had to read that original sentence of yours quite a couple of times AND concentrate before I realised what the heck was wrong with it.
"The man I fell in love" - "I fell in love with".
6/15/2012 c25 17KazOfScotland
Hiya, I've read all three of you Callen/Kensi/Alex stories and I can't wait to find out were this one heads with Lily's last comment.
5/25/2012 c25 472Angel N Darkness
you did a great job on this chapter... love it... cant wait for the 1st installment of season 2... update soon...
5/22/2012 c25 always.theheartbeat
Oh, my gosh. How long have I been missing out on this? Too long, me thinks. Cause, y'know, as always... dumb computer.

But anyway! First off, love the ending comment from Lily. It's one of those 'Aw, she's so cute' things that people say about little kids. Or something, cause I've never *actually* said that. Unless to an animal...

Oh. I'm totally glad you had James be all mad at Callen. It gives him more credit, I guess, to showing just how much he cares for Kensi. I like it.

But for the life of me, I can't remember Callen's crash. I remember his speeding ticket in that other episode - Full -Throttle, I believe? - but here... well, maybe that's cause I'm always so focused on how he was mad at her.

Anyway.

Sorry for disappearing on yoooou! I haven't even been to Future in Jeopardy yet! But as always, great job. So nice to be reading these two, because there's such an air of Densi on the show that it brings one down.

Not even mentioning all the other pairings that failed in everything else I watch.

Wow, off topic too much. :D Awesome chapter!
5/19/2012 c25 31TwilightPony21
I love it! What a great snippet for Callen, G – congratulations on completing season 1.

I love that Alex and James were Callen's angels during that car crash.

"But please, don't lose your future by going back into the past." - I think this is a great line – it’s exactly what Callen is struggling with, and it really ties the episode and your fic together.

"So you were enough for him, but I'm not." - I like this, too - I think it sounds like Kensi, a sort of nagging doubt that maybe she was never good enough for all the men that she lost in her life.

And I love that Lily visited the grave with Callen - very nice addition to the scene. I think he and Kensi better get to work on her little sister! :-)

I think updates are totally up to you. As an author, it’s definitely nice to have a few chapters done ahead of time, but as a reader, I love seeing updates and enjoy reading each snippet as you write.

Hope you’re doing well – have a great day!
5/18/2012 c25 72E Salvatore
*happy dance happy dance happy dance, fueled with even more 'Move It' than usual thanks to the fact that Madagascar 3 is out soon*

Ahem. Anyway, on to the real thing.

You know you've done a damn good job with this when your CaKe obsessed reader can't honestly tell you which part she prefers: the Callen/Kensi interaction or one of them hanging out with our spirits. I really, really can't decide.

I love that Alex and James saved Callen. I love that Alex came to Kensi. I love love love that Lily accompanied Callen. And of course the shipper inside me adores every bit of CaKe that I can get.

I can't honestly say that I get James as well as (I think) I understand Alex and Lily, but somehow that over-protective, macho-threat bit seemed very much in-character and somewhat expected of him.

Alex coming to Kensi in her moment of doubt and reassuring her was priceless. Actually, I enjoy every single conversation they've had together because it's really interesting to see you write them, being the characters that they are - two people in love with the same man - and yet have both of them being so accepting of each other, and in a realistic way without them becoming some weird polygamy-sister characters.

And of course I adore Lily, so I'm not going to say much because I'll probably just gush for three paragraphs.

That last line, though? PRICELESS. Perfect. I can just imagine how Callen's face would look like.

As always, a wonderful read. And congrats on completing the first half of this story. You mentioned to me early on, in the beginning, about how big an undertaking this would be (there was some calculation based on the number of episodes too, but math isn't my strong suit) and how much of a challenge it could become, but I've loved every single bit of this and I think it's fair to say that you are BRILLIANT.

And the bunnies too, of course. Kudos and a basket of carrots to the bunnies. Fluff and gang say hi. They're slightly jealous of your bunnies' awesomeness.

Re updates - though this won't be much help - I think you should go with what works for you. Sure, putting updates on hold until you have a good number of chapters sounds like a good idea, but I know how sometimes I come up with a random chapter and just can't keep it to myself even if it means going on a two-week hiatus after that. And sometimes (especially when major cliffhangers are involved) it seems like the best thing to do is to finish up that one particular storyline just so that your readers won't threaten you with pitchforks just to get to the next chapter.

I think that's enough rambling for now. Once again, amazing, amazing chapter, love love love it, find it completely realistic and in-character and as canonical (I don't know if that's a word. The fandom seems to think it is... I usually stick with in-canon) as it can possibly be. I love this fic so much, you wouldn't comprehend the depth of my fangirl-shipper emotions. The bunnies would send you a basket of carrots if they could, only they're not sure if you like carrots. But they totally would.

xoxo,

E.
5/17/2012 c25 harryginny9
thanks.great job.amazing...
5/17/2012 c25 3alix33
"How would you prefer to have the chapters come up? Would you just like them whenever I get them done or would you prefer I wait to start posting until I have a bit of a stash so the updates are quicker?" - I am OK with whenever you get them done.

"Alex?" He frowned, closed his eyes and sighed. "I'm dead again." "No G." She shook her head. "But you would have been if we'd left you in the car." "We?" "Yeah. We." Callen turned to the rough masculine voice coming from his other side. James. James looked furious. "If you ever," James continued menacingly and stepped closer to Callen, "ever, get in a car without a seat-belt again, I will personally kick your arse to the far side of the moon and back. She's not ready to bury another man she loves and I'm sure as hell not about to let that happen. She loves you. So help me Callen…" - I must be a very weird person. How I know this (in this instance) is that pissed-off dead James pleased me a whole lot. The instant I started reading how pissed-off he was, my brain cells just all cheered.

"I can't believe Hetty only suspended you for a day." Kensi lent against her desk and watched Callen carefully. He'd said they were good earlier but she couldn't shake the feeling he thought the burning of the data warehouse was partly her fault. She had no reason to feel that but she did anyway. Callen shrugged. The piece of paper in his hand felt like it was burning a hole in it. "Guess I got lucky." "Hmm, more than just with Hetty. I saw the crash." Kensi subtly moved her body a little closer to Callen's desk. "How did you…." She trailed off not really sure she wanted to discuss anything that would bring back that vision. "A couple of angels and a miracle." Kensi frowned for a moment before saying softly, "Alex and Lily?" Callen shook his head. "Alex and James." "Oh." - This bit where G told Kensi who saved him was cute.

Lily wanting a sibling there at the end of the chapter was cute.
358 « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »