for Moving On

8/16/2011 c9 31TwilightPony21
I thought this was a wonderful extra long snippet for Ambush - I was wondering how you would write this one with Callen spending most of the episode undercover with the militia and Kensi spending most of the episode in the bushes with Renko. It came out great!

I love how you wrote Alex, Lily, and James, and I love that Lily gave her daddy a seashell for Kensi.

Especially liked these lines:

"Just a headache." And a little of the heart too. "And Kensi?" "You're not here about the head are you?"

Instinct and heart Alex had said. Instinct told him to go to Kensi. He'd let the heart take over when he got there.

"You know what I'm talking about Kensi Marie."

"Maybe you shouldn't be drinking at all right now."

I like this part, too – it’s a good description of Kensi and makes it believable that she's worried about losing Callen: "G, Kensi might be a tough and talented agent but she's still a woman who is in love with you. Just like I was. Forget the agent side of her and react to the woman that she is. There are two sides to her, just like there was me. They don't always match up."

And I love that the pizza will have to be reheated after Callen and Kensi turn up the heat! :)

Really nice chapter - great job. Are you thinking that the next snippet will have Abby in it? I loved Random on Purpose and think Abby would have some interesting thoughts about Callen and Kensi's relationship. Can’t wait for the next update!
8/16/2011 c9 harryginny9
love it...please update soooooooon...
8/16/2011 c9 always.theheartbeat
Aw. :) Good to see Lily again. She's so cute in my imagination! I like this: "What you do best," she said. "Follow your instincts and your heart." Cause, he does do that best, I gotta say.

As for Kensi, I really like James! He's amazing. As is Alex, but, you know. I really like the relationship they have, with the teasing, light banter, etc.

I'm amused that Kensi went for beer while Callen went for the beach. Normally, I read that reversed. So I'm *quite* amused that it turned out like that.

Also, I love the reaction Kensi had when seeing Callen. She's not normally too emotional (unless, y'know, it's anger.) and while she wasn't exactly over-emotional here, it's good to see her actually react to something and not try to keep it in, y'know?

"Making sure that Kensi knew, without any shadow of a doubt that he loved her." That made me smile. :D
8/16/2011 c9 472Angel N Darkness
you did a great job on this chapter... love it... update soon...
8/16/2011 c9 72E Salvatore
Yay for extra-long scenes with Alex and James. As I'm sure I've said before, sometimes you just need to talk to the person who knows you best. Lily is adorable. Bunnies, you furry little things definitely need to write more Lily.

So... was the shell supposed to be, like, a metaphor or something? Like maybe a certain female agent looks normal on the outside but is pretty dang amazing on the inside?

Meh, just my crazy brain going over-active again. Ignore me.

Kensi, please - don't kill the fridge. It is a God-damned pain to pick one out. Why do we need so many different models? Gah.

Oh, wait, James can't drink? Oh bummer, now I really don't want to die.

And now you have me warm and fuzzy with Kensi and Callen making up in that special way. wink

Again, I love love love this chapter. You and the bunnies can do no wrong in my book, especially when you've got Lily!

Dang, I'mma need to find me some pizza.

xoxo,

E.
8/15/2011 c9 5rebelmagnus
Great Chapter!
8/15/2011 c9 3alix33
That was SO moving, little Lily giving her dad a gift for his new girlfriend.

And the James/Kensi section was great.
8/10/2011 c8 alix33
"It's beautiful here," Kensi said softly. "Yeah. The best three months that I can remember of my childhood were here." He could clearly see the memories of him and Alina and her parents. Of spending time and playing out here. With a ball, digging in the garden, eating dinner. So many things. It was his first real memory of feeling like a part of a family. "Why did you leave?" Kensi asked. Callen shrugged. "I don't know. Some bureaucratic paper shuffle sent me onto the next place. I was never really told why." – I DI wonder about that, too, especially when he got to the bits where he carved his initials in the door of the house in the RL episode (and your answer works extraordinarily well, so thanks, though it is probably not Shane Brennan’s answer, were we to ask him).
8/10/2011 c8 31TwilightPony21
Callen certainly has a lot of women looking out for him!

Loved this line: "But when you throw Hetty into the mix, that's just overkill."

Ice cream - yum! Aww, I think by the time they get around to the second date, Kensi will realize she has been dating Callen all along. Although I am still looking forward to the second date, too!

Great job - still loving how the snippets follow the episodes - can't wait for the next chapter!
8/10/2011 c8 harryginny9
love it...great job...please update soooooon...
8/10/2011 c8 always.theheartbeat
Oooh. Ice cream. Now that's the way to my heart, I'm thinking. I mean, my idea of an awesome first date would be eating ice cream on the swings at a park.

Yeah. Weird.

But oh well! I like this chapter! Go ESalvatore for inspiring you. :D Glad to see an update, but I hope things are good for yah at home.

So! For this chapter, I forgot you were going through this episode by episode - it didn't register that this was going off of one until I started reviewing. But it's a good thing. I'm really excited for future chapters, certain eppys are making me excited.

As for this one in itself, glad to see people trying to talk sense into Callen. Even if he's so stubborn it's almost pointless, it's the thought that counts and he needs these talks, I'm sure.

Great job!
8/10/2011 c8 472Angel N Darkness
you did a great job on this chapter... love it... update soon...
8/10/2011 c8 72E Salvatore
Okay, so how cool is it that my random blabber comment worked for you?

WAY.

I mean, I had it more around the lines of Hetty running for office and stuff (you know all the crazy ideas I wrote down, amongst them a little comment about Alex and Kensi being Hetty's second-in-command or something) but this one works just right.

More than that, actually.

It's always nice to have someone reassure you when you're down, but to have three of the most important women in your life do that for you... yeah, I think Callen's doing just fine now.

And of course, I loved the conversation with Alex. One of the most frustrating things in life is when you wonder 'why did he/she do this/that?' and trust me, knowing that you will never figure out the answer, no matter what the reason (he/she is gone; will never tell you; forgot; etc) that is just tear-your-hair-out frustration. Having Alex explain her motives even after her death is just cool. And satisfying, of course.

Again, you have delivered greatness and it couldn't have come at a better time to cheer me up. Love love love.

Now... time to hunt down some ice-cream. :) xoxo, E.

P.S, tell the bunnies they're doing a great job. Gotta keep those small egos well feed!
8/6/2011 c7 22UnstableBlackWidow
I love your story and the previous, they are both so cute! I can't wait to read what more you have in mind! :) Update soon.
8/3/2011 c7 3alix33
"the bunnies liked the idea and ran with it," - Bunnies run as well as hop, then? ;-)

James sounds nice, or at least his apparition-spiritual-fragment-thingy does.

"We come back and check out that pool." Callen pulled her close. "Alone and forget the swimmers." - Question: "swimmers" being Aussie English for "swim suits"?

"she agreed and grabbed her handbag and jacket." - Every time I read about a handbag, for quite a bit now, in fics, I wonder if I am missing out on something, because I do not DO handbags. My work bag is a reusable shopping bag in an African print I bought (to use as a work bag) at Woolworths, a South African upmaket-ish grocery and clothing store and if I have to go somewhere where I will need my wallet, a book to read and my cell phone, I use one of their neon orange reusable shopping bags to carry it in.
358 « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 .. Last Next »