for Before the Fire

10/13/2013 c1 21Wolseley37
Mmm, well done. Just as they should be!
4/26/2013 c1 31GiuliettaC
Dickens never wrote like this ;o) but one gets the impression he was ploughing similar furrows in his private life.

What a delicious feast of sensations was this piece.
4/20/2012 c1 7Persiflage
Mmm, very nice...
10/13/2011 c1 10emma de los nardos
I'm re-reading this story and like it just as much as ever, C. I wish that more people would write fanfiction based on the Classics. I just love your characterization of esther's initiation into passion and her own desire. You know how I feel about Jarndyce vs. Woodcourt - WHY did Dickens give her the conventional match? There is something so forbidden, and thus erotic, about Esther loving her dear Guardian.

Oh how lucky we are to have our imaginations, to play with these characters in ways not intended by the authors!
7/16/2011 c1 20hazeleyes571
I'd never have thought of doing a fic about these two characters, but I did think it sad that they didn't end up together in the original version, so it was very nice to find this 'correction' to that oversight! Nice to have MK as the visual reference for John Jarndyce, liked the almost throwaway reference to the profoundly curly hair of JJ's youth, that obviously matched MK's earlier outings.

I'm glad you have kept the (to our modern ear) slightly stilted speech patterns, as it suits the manners of the period. I like the language to suit the fic.

Very enjoyable fic, thank you for posting.