for Affinity

8/5/2020 c1 75bikelock28
This could have been revolting, or more likely a comic or a parody. It isn’t. It’s well-written, heartfelt and sweet. Aberforth’s motives aren’t quite clear to the reader (or to himself?) and the confusion makes him sympathetic. A nice job and a mature take on a subject easy for ridicule.
9/3/2016 c1 Guest
Oh my. Well, it was still good but... Oh my.
11/27/2013 c1 2CheddarTrek
Well, that wasn't as bad as I expected - surprising what I find when I go in search of Aberforth fics!

My favorite line was: ...wishes he could throw goat dung at him like he did when they were kids; sometimes he thinks sod it and throws goat dung at him anyway.
11/4/2012 c1 8DDAriSieg
Yet another unexpected pairing! XD
What can I say? This intrigues me because it sounded like crack, but then it said angst/drama. And it was! I can't believe you managed to write about this pairing in such a serious way, where I could keep a straight face all the way to the end.

Impressive!

What could have been silly crack turned into an interesting and dramatic look into Aberforth's life, and the differences and problems between the two brothers.
Great job!
3/27/2012 c1 10MeetVirginia
It's an interesting topic, but you did it so well that it didn't come off as crude.

You managed to get Aberforth's perspective into the story so convincingly, I really enjoyed it.

Great job!
8/8/2011 c1 27obsessivegirl73
Lol awesome. XD great job!
7/17/2011 c1 Guest
My face is trying to rearrange itself into about ten different expressions. I've read this three times. Still no nearer to deciding WHAT I think. Oh, Erika, why do you do this to me?

(Because I deserve it. Haha.)

Okay, okay! I know I shouldn't . .. but I kind of love this. And not just in a crack-pairing way. Is that wrong? *frets* I just . .. I feel like you nailed Aberforth's character so completely, and made his younger self so damn cute, that I can't say no. I can't stop my finger drifting towards the favourites button. Ack. Damn you, Erika! xD

I love the divide that springs up between the Dumbledore siblings when Albus returns from school - his appetite for education in stark contrast to Aberforth's rough and rustic simplicity. He may not care much for education, but Albus mistakes that for stupidity, and you can see the tension slowly growing between them - even though a part of Aberforth sets Albus as the standard he feels he should live up to. His reaction to seeing Albus with Gellert is very telling, I think - there's a really strong sense of rejection there. Aberforth has been resisting what he feels is his nature, and trying subconciously to be "good", to do what's expected of him by civilized society - as represented by his brother. But when he decides that Albus is a hypocrite, and when his brother's relationship with Gellert blows up in all their faces, he seems to sever all ties with that world. He does what he wants, and doesn't give a damn what Albus thinks about it.

(Oh, and I love that he "sometimes thinks sod it and throws goat dung at him anyway" - haha!)

Really well done! Despite the . . . erm . . . y'know. *sighs*

I'm seriously faving Aberforth / Goat.

Oh my god.
7/15/2011 c1 6Tape Monkey
Goats!

This is so epic. We'd all better hope that Aberforth never meets a satyr! That would be bad. But funny :)

Nice story.

Goats!
7/9/2011 c1 642Abigail Belle
I don't think I was supposed to be laughing, but I was, starting at the beginning when Aberforth describes himself as a goat. I mean, I see that it was supposed to be serious but...

I think I just became slightly hysterical
7/9/2011 c1 136Lady Eleanor Boleyn
This is kind of sadly cute, in a twisted way. I really liked this, Errie! :)
7/8/2011 c1 30BellaPur
Rikki you're talented. This was Ah-Mahz-Zing!
7/8/2011 c1 22Dimcairien
Interesting. Different but interesting.
7/8/2011 c1 300Inkfire
(grins) I LOVED THIS! You managed to do it incredibly well =) I loved how you showed Aberforth's character in all its bluntness, and the contrast with Albus. I love how you pictured his struggle with what he wants and the opinion of others - and it was really clever to choose his disgust with Albus being with Gellert as a factor! (I loved how you did the "with" in italics. Very, very clever) And when he's left alone... you showed really well how he just didn't care for the opinion of others anymore, and the meaning of the goats for him. Oh, and I absolutely adored the part about throwing goat dung at Albus ^^

GREAT JOB LOVE! (twirls you around)
7/8/2011 c1 60AngelofDarkness1605
Inkfire mentioned this to me when talking about the 'cruel and unusual pairings' challange and I checked out your fic out of morbid curiosity XD

I expected another semi-traumatizing fic, but I think this is very well done, considering the pairing that you chose!
7/8/2011 c1 Il'Diko
Weird. Didn't expect it to be good actually... but it somehow is. You actually made a great characterisation of Aberforth, and nailed young Dumledore, and their relationship was just how I imagined, distant, cold. Until the last two pharagraphs it's a great story, believable even. I just didn't expect him to be so 'in love' with goats... these last pharagraphs make Aberforth a unlikeable, even a bit monsterish...
18 Page 1 2 Next »