for The Siege of Shanxi

11/5 c45 zedd7
I enjoyed the story!
6/28 c45 1kitten198485
an excellent fic, I love the references to ME lore and TIM's origins. :)
12/11/2018 c45 baud001
I first read your story a few years ago and I re read it in full now that it's finished. Kudos for finishing it!

I've had a good time even if it's a little uneven in quality along the chapters.
11/7/2018 c23 ManwithaPlan113
Politicians. Always that one person somewhere
9/16/2018 c42 baud001
Never met one that I've liked. Hell, I've known Frenchmen from fifty clicks out of Paris who hate Parisians.

To be fair, even Parisians dislike Parisians.
5/11/2018 c45 1alejeron
That was one hell of story.

If you write a book, I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

Simply an amazing story. Every character felt real, the struggles, the emotions. The action was tight and gripping, it was amazing.

Thanks for writing this.
4/19/2018 c24 4Revliledpembroke
So, I wanted to write this for Chapter 22 when your Russian pilot mentions it, but, well, I already wrote a review for that chapter and forgot about it. I also wrote a review for 23, so I guess I'll have to leave it here.

Hey now, the American slavers stopped buying Africans for gold in 1807, as that is when the US officially banned the importation of Africans and the slave trade. Mainly because we already had a self-sustaining slave population, but hey, that's still a good step for a 30 year old nation (or 18, depending on if you count the Declaration of Independence as the start of the country or from when the US Constitution created the current form of government in 1789).

And the Russian would probably remember that slave in fact comes from the word SLAV.
4/17/2018 c44 Revliledpembroke
Pity the man who has his cellphone go off as they read off the lists of the dead and everyone suddenly hears his ringtone of "ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST." I doubt he'd be able to escape unscathed.
4/17/2018 c43 Revliledpembroke
Long time passing
Long, long time ago
Where have all the soldiers gone?
Gone to graveyards... every one.
4/16/2018 c39 Revliledpembroke
Ah, here's the distinction.
4/16/2018 c38 Revliledpembroke
Of Duty and Honor? When did we start talking about video games (Call of Duty, Medal of Honor).

On a side note, why is it that a nation that generally hates France and all things French (Britain) would continue spelling words in the French way (Honour, Colour, Favour, etc)?
4/16/2018 c32 Revliledpembroke
Yeah, looking back at early works and then comparing them to later works is always fun. I've got some notebooks somewhere from when I was 6 or 7, and it's just awful.

The funny thing? The writings in there are still better than some fanfics I've come across. Go figure
4/16/2018 c31 Revliledpembroke
Another excellent chapter. Of course, I've read it before, but that does not make it any less fantastic.
4/16/2018 c30 Revliledpembroke
This chapter is beautifully done. Watching the Councilors lay the trap for the Batarian Ambassador, General Williams's speeches (one more formal, one less so), and the build up to the battle for the safety of humanity's relief fleet.

This may be one of the best chapters I have read in all of fanfic (well, at least between my usual three series I float between. I haven't quite managed to read the whole site yet).

I know I've started giving you a hard time in some of the other reviews. This is still one of my favorite fanfics on the site, and I would very much enjoy your version of how Mass Effect would go.
4/15/2018 c28 Revliledpembroke
Uh, you mentioned Turian carriers here. There are no such things until AFTER the First Contact War. There aren't many oceans on Palaven, and Turians do not make very good swimmers, anyway, so it stands to reason that they never really had much of a wet navy. They would have known about fighters from their air campaigns, but any oceanic navy they might have had would have likely been ships bristling with guns.

They quickly realized the value of the aircraft (err.. spacecraft?) carrier, and currently the only other race to have built one.

The two other races that are likely to have built carriers are the Krogan and the Batarians. The Krogan would have likely lost any knowledge of carriers when they nuked themselves into the Stone Age. Batarians... I don't know. Maybe their caste system fucked up their navy that not a lot of innovating was done?
635 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »