for Lucy Meets a Talking Kumquat

11/25/2012 c1 21Lunatique
Haha, what a witty little story. It's interesting to see the elder siblings-younger siblings dynamic persist into the Four Monarch's rein, and the younger set's frustration over this came across well. Nice denouement, too, though I wonder what talking fruits eat, how long their lifespan is away from the tree, whether they have any relationship to the famous apple, etc. Nice job!
10/17/2012 c1 46narniagirl11
Ha! That's complete nonsense but really funny! Who ever heard of a Talking Fruit! I'm afraid I would probably join Peter and Susan in staring.
4/21/2012 c1 19lovenarnia
A talking Kumquat! How delightful. I love your Lewis-esque ending; it fits the story perfectly!

I can honestly say this is an original character, and most unlikely to ever turn into a Mary-Sue.
7/17/2011 c1 50King Caspian the Seafarer
How fun! Your style reminds me of Lewis in this story...his narrating and his way of saying things like "what happened to them is a different tale" and "I would like to say that they always believed Lucy after that, but alas it's not true", which reminds me of what Lewis said about Cor and Corin fighting, and about Eustace after he was turned back from a dragon to a boy. :) I must confess, I never once considered the possibilities of talking fruit and vegetables in Narnia. Talking insects, yes, but fruit? Very interesting indeed. :)

Great job! Very clever and funny...that'll teach Peter and Susan for not believing Lucy /again/. ;)
7/14/2011 c1 7The.Taller.Child
This. . . yes, /this/ is pure brilliance. It makes so much sense! Talking kumquats should be commonplace in Narnia, but are they? NO!

*whips out picket sign* KUMQUATS HAVE FEELINGS TOO!

The style in which you wrote this just adds to the epicness. I'm serious, you used so many different words. It's nice to read stuff with a large vocabulary. . . it gives me a legit reason to read through my massive dictionary, and then people won't think I'm *weird* for reading the dictionary for fun.

Nobody understands me!

Huzzah for Edmund! He's so much more understanding to Lucy than the older siblings.

Britt•Britt
7/13/2011 c1 40Masih
Lol! That was really funny! I liked Edmunds line, "Hey, I'm the sarcastic one!" That was funny. Thank you for writing it for me.
7/9/2011 c1 8Mysticbreeze327
OMG i don't get how this story has no reviews yet! It's absolutely amazing! And hilarious. "Talking Kumquat," that's new. Nice name as well Dwergsinaasappel. Hmm... I'm going so far as adding this onto my favorites list! Good job and keep writing!

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service