for Amor est Vita

9/28/2020 c30 5David Fishwick
Brilliant idea and thanks for writing as I enjoyed reading this story.

I liked how you wrote the relationship between Tom Marvolo Riddle and Minerva before he became Lord Voldemort in the flashbacks.
9/24/2020 c30 Guest
Oh, I keep coming back to this story, and it pains me that this twisted, interesting, incredibly crafted world is only in this story and that I've already read it all! This is sooo good, and I am so happy to have found this and bitter that it's over lol. If you're still up for writing things like this, would you do more of the continuation of what happens w Hogwarts reconstruction, the trio and the teachers/friends honoring everyone and living, and Minerva, Selene, and Tom in their haven?
9/24/2020 c30 Guest
I was wondering how you were going to tie the dragon tale to these two and their family at the end, and IT WAS SO SMOOTH. The tranquility in this scene and the fact that we see that she, McGonagall, is in peace is just-UGH, so good. Selene and the family dynamic are SO ADORABLE AND HEARTWARMING. i don't know how, but you did it. This ending was unique, peaceful, sweet, deserved, and fitting. A beautiful end to a GREAT story. Bravo!
9/24/2020 c29 Guest
*single sob* *wipes tears* *holds tissue in one hand and claps wrist with the other in thunderous applause.*
9/24/2020 c28 Guest
This is gorgeouuuuuus writing. You made this story so incredibly powerful and human, and I LOVE IT. Seeing the perfectly timed development of Augusta and Minerva's friendship, and how dimensional you made it with such short scenes is amazing. Moments like where McGonagall says "Augustus" and Augusta responds "No" *points to herself* "I'm Augusta" were just KILLER. XD. It made the loss even more palpable, and we, the readers, had a wonderfully written and imagined scene of grieving from young and old who lost their beloved professor and friend. Absolutely brilliant.
9/24/2020 c26 Guest
Ugh, this is SO GOOD! The suspense, the perfect amount of angst and heart are just *chef's kiss*.
9/24/2020 c23 Guest
I know I'm late to the party, but I just had to say that this is absolutely beautiful. Wonderful chapter, story, and wonderful, WONDERFUL scene with these two old friends.
8/9/2020 c30 Guest
good story
9/2/2016 c30 Iocus
I read this fic yesterday and had to wait and sleep on it to write a proper review. The reason for waiting is that I was greatly moved. I cried, not once and not only at the end. I could not articulate my feelings coherently. Therefore here am I, the next morning.
This work is fantastic, melancholic, nostalgic, sad, oh so sad but first and foremost it is real. The possibility of this happening, the gritty realism, the cruelty of life, you captured it fabulously. The idea behind this, the whole plot, I cannot applause you enough! Emotions are running rampant here and my favourite part of sadness was the moment when Augusta held vigil over Minervas body, felt sadness for things that never were and would never be - cannot be. The last chapter I cried throught. I thank you for this work, you are a wonderful writer!
8/31/2016 c30 Harri Kaikoura
Who's harry's wife?
10/22/2015 c30 The Dark One Rising
A nice little wrap up. Full circle, from the day in Ollivander's.

So, is that just the portion of Riddle that didn't become tainted? The one in Minerva? Or did he somehow manage to patch himself up and repent? It seems unlikely.
10/22/2015 c29 The Dark One Rising
Harry knew, all along. I admit that putting such things into written word may not have been the wisest idea. Yet, those words allowed the war to be won and the hero to continue onward. If not for that letter, Harry may not have been at as much peace with his death (that did not happen)
10/22/2015 c28 The Dark One Rising
You seem determined to mince the hearts of readers. Tiny little bits. All shattered. I have no doubt that the rest of the story will continue to do so.
10/22/2015 c27 The Dark One Rising
That letter. Seeing as I've read this over the course of two or three days, I remember it. Still, I can only hazard some guesses as to its true wording. I can only hope that I am wrong about Minerva.
10/22/2015 c26 The Dark One Rising
And so it goes. The Battle is about to begin. Minerva's changes don't appear all that substantial, but it's the little things. Butterfly Effect, I hope. What small differences were made should perhaps prevent some deaths.
164 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »