for But It's Alright

2/18/2012 c1 49KeepFaith-SmellApples
Amazing story! I love this
9/29/2011 c1 2Fallon Monroe
Yeah, the ending was slightly weak, but it fit for the direction of the story. It was good, both Joan and Arthur seemed to remain in character, which was great.

I wish I could write a fic focused on them, or at least Joan. Unfortunately, I can't remember squat about the show, and while I know enough about the characters, I wouldn't be able to keep them in character let alone come up with a fic.

With that in mind, I'm glad you could, because, as I'm sure countless others are, I happen to be addicted to fanfiction.
8/16/2011 c1 ABVR
Nice job! I like the fact that you have Joan hit the high points of the story for Arthur, who wasn't there, without doing a play-by-play of the entire episode.

One small suggestion: Explaining the characters thoughts (like you do with Joan's "close or dire") *can* work really well, but don't be afraid to *not* explain sometimes . . . to let the character's choice of words, or the structure of the sentence, reveal their thoughts.

I have to disagree with your sense that the ending is weak. It's quiet, and low key, but that's different. In the context of this story it *should* be quiet and low-key, because it's about Joan and Arthur winding down from an incredibly intense, stressful day and re-connecting with each other. The note you ended on - them snuggling, her feeling like now it's *really* over - feels exactly right for the story. The last line is actually one of my favorites in the whole story: a neat little sketch of two people who know that, at the end of the day, the place they most want to be is with each other.

More of Joan and Arthur, please (the scriptwriters certainly aren't giving us much)!
7/27/2011 c1 3shandyfangirl
Love the simplicity of the story. I totally adore Joan & Arthur and Im glad their really over the "he's cheating on me" era. Thank you for this one. Wish they included more at the end of the episode. :)
7/27/2011 c1 81christmasinacup
loved it :) last nights episode was perfect!
7/27/2011 c1 cait0807
I really liked this Joan/Arthur fic!