FanFiction.Net
for On Sleepless Roads

6/5/2015 c1 guest
love this so much. very intense and very in character. a masterpiece!
2/10/2013 c1 Adriana Swan
continue, please?
6/10/2012 c1 39KingAlanI
Yes, more interaction between Gale and Peeta is in order, whatever's going on with other characters.

Interesting to have Katniss in the grip of the Capitol
10/11/2011 c1 BakerStreetIsLastRefugeOfHope
A great story. Very well written.
8/16/2011 c1 5magic0logy
It's good. I really like the fighting between Peeta and Gale, because you're right, there wasn't enough conversations between them in the book. Also, the section about Madge in the hospital is sort of random, but I love Madge, so it doesn't really matter to me. I think you should continue this because I've always wondered what other people think would happen if Katniss had died.
8/14/2011 c1 20Ireth Tasartir Elf Princess
Are you gonna continue it?

I would really like to know how Peeta will react when he sees Madge and Gale too. And how this will afect Madge.

Interesting way of an alternative. I never crossed my mind, it will be interesting to read how things turn in a future.
8/13/2011 c1 29Howlynn
You have a few errors but - lol - who doesn't with the upload monster that eats letters. Stll this sounds like he beginning of good story - I do think you should continue it. putting it on my favorites.
8/2/2011 c1 12RainbowsEndInGold
Please please please continue this! Your writing is incredible, and this is so good, not that I expected anything less, all of your stories are unbelievable.
7/31/2011 c1 23CrazyAce'n'PokerFace
whoa. this is REALLY goood. man, you can pull angst off like nobody else, let me tell you. i love all how you portrayed all of the different characters so perfectly - peeta's tormented and self-recriminatory, gale's furiously controlled and determined to save katniss ("She's not. Until I see it, she's not."), prim is an angel, and madge, beautiful madge, has been horribly scarred (in more ways than one) and is lashing out. i also loved how madge is now defined by a series of numbers instead of just a name. it makes it really clear how...impersonal district 13 can be.

i also loved more of the gale & peeta interaction. i always felt there should've been more between them. and that you used peeta's way with words as a significant factor of why gale needs his help is absolutely brilliant. i also felt that after receiving so much hype in CF, peeta's talent just didn't make that much of an impact (or, well, made an impact in a rather negative way) in MJ. so well done!

anyway, i'm up for more if you feel like writing more. 'specially since it doesn't REALLY look like katniss died - though of course, even if she was well and truly dead, i'm sure you'd be able to write an awesome fic with absolutely no hope or redemption in it. :D

signing off,

CrazyAce
7/31/2011 c1 5Amara Kingley
Really really good. I agree that there wasn't much interacting between Gale and Peeta much and we have no real clue about how rocky their relationship is. Great job here. Loved it :)
7/31/2011 c1 11Solaryllis
Great job with this! Everybody felt so true and you covered so many emotions and reactions in so few words - really excellent. Prim, Gale, and Peeta were all awesome! And I'm always glad to see Madge surviving. (Was she the only townsperson to survive because of Gale? That's what my twisted shipper brain is going to assume unless you correct it. :P)

This was a really great line: "Questions and words fused together as he speaks, forming a wall of incoherency."

I also loved Peeta's description of Gale as "kill-you-with-my-bare-hands-while-probably-stealing-your-girlfriend". :)
7/31/2011 c1 4EStrunk
Maybe they didn't have much Peeta/Gale interaction because they were trying to keep the language clean.

Great scene. I love Prim, able to deal with both of them despite her age and size. Madge was sad. I love how you keep bringing her back.

Always love to see something posted from you.
7/31/2011 c1 26Ellenka
Wow! This is so incredible it left me almost speechless, but I´ll try to pay you a few humble compliments anyway, because you definitely deserve them.

You kept both guys and Prim (yeah, she is a little angel!) so in character it amazed me, it was perfect down to the last thought and gesture. Not to mention Gale´s last line, that made me grin. You obviously know both my favourite guys so well I could be jealous - I really admire the deep character analysis neccessary to create this kind of fanfic masterpieces.

The emotions were so raw and powerful I hardly breathed while reading it. And the part when Gale actually admitted Peeta can do something better than him to save Katniss was ingenious beyond words.

"The image of tiny Prim facing up to Gale, in all his 6 foot tall, kill-you-with-my-bare-hands-while-probably-stealing-your-girlfriend glory is something Peeta would pay good money to see. She'd kick his ass." - this line was pure perfection :D

You are right, something like this was definitely missing in MJ. Of course, this particular approach needed an AU setting to work, but it was definitely more powerful than any Gale/Peeta confrontation in the original books. Thumbs up for that.

I apologize for being a little incoherent, but this was indeed so great I can hardly describe it.

Thank you for sharing this amazing piece of work!