for From My House to Yours

6/4 c4 1LogorrheicMorosophist
I came here from Amor Est Vita a few months ago, and I just want to say, "WOW!" I love how you've integrated the established personalities of all the professors and weaponized them in defense of Hogwarts and the students. I love seeing Slughorn's character growth, and I did like the necessary clash between Minerva and Pomona's approach to dealing with their children being tortured. I also love how Filius is calculating, while Pomona is compassionate, and Minerva is defiant. It makes a wonderful dynamic that makes you empathize with each character. I would also add that Horace is also relatable to anyone who had ever been afraid to confront their bullies and tormentors, and it shows how he is no longer a coward. Very well done.
7/22/2020 c4 SeekerSage
Interesting portrayal of the portraits. I loved this character study of the 4 heads. I like how Slughorn sees his faults and resolves to do something about them. Good job.
6/15/2020 c4 1Laern DeVir
Slughorn rocks in this chapter. Your portrayal was superb.
6/8/2020 c3 Laern DeVir
I've read both the Sprout and McGonagall piece, and both were awesome. Minor nitpicking in Sprout's piece: "Yes, it is, but you just made it clear you were going to do it, so I'm relieving you of your duty," should be "Yes, it is. But you just made it clear you weren't going to do it, so I'm relieving you of your duty."

Other than that, both were great pieces of writing. :) I loved seeing Slytherins willing to fight.
5/25/2020 c1 Laern DeVir
There are minor things, distraction errors to take into account:

-I think you meant "The Carrows were scowling in the corner" rather than scolding.
-Alecto let out a growl. "No, and I don't care too". I think it would be better "No, and I don't care either" or "No, and neither do I care." Granted, take this with a grain of salt, English is not my first language.
-"brave and couragous lions were noting". Only an "h" missing (nothing). A distraction mistake.

All these nitpicking does not mean that this was not a lovely written piece. It is how Ravenclaws would probably face the Death Eater regime at Hogwarts; the house is very much in character. And Flitwick is awesome. The portrait bit was also great; the school as a whole does indeed feel like one heart (until we hear portraits like Elizabeth Burke, I guess :p).

A great piece of writing. Here's hoping to see more! :)
12/26/2014 c1 Pyrovilian
Please tell me if you are going to update this please!
12/14/2013 c2 27Hermione Is My Role Model
i loved this! you portrayed flitwick and sprout so beautifully! can you do mcgonagall next, and then slughorn? :-)
7/21/2013 c2 Gingershavesouls
Sorry my stupid account loged out last bloody second right before I posted my last review and I dont know if it went through so to sum it up I love your story, I love how youve interpretated the characters especialy sprout and update whenever you find the time.

Yours Truely again,

GingersHaveSouls.
7/21/2013 c2 Guest
I really love what you‘ve done with this story, Its great to read what was going through the staffs heads durring Snapes and the Carrows reign over Hogwarts, I specificaly like what you‘ve done with prof. Sprouts character and how youve portrayed her as being loyal and protective of her students, I have to admit I love Hufflepuff and was kinda sad when I went on pottermore and was sorted into Gryffindoor but whatever. But again great story and I really hope you decide to continue, I would really love to see your interpretation of the confrontation between Snape and the Heads of Houses when they try and take the school back. Cool, update whenever you find the time.

Yours Truely,

GingersHaveSouls.
12/1/2012 c1 13bellastrange51
I love the way this was written. Professor Flitwick is fantastic. He's always been my favorite teacher in the books. I especially like how you refer to students as "his Ravenclaws", or "his Luna Lovegood". It shows such a caring personality, and it's even more exciting since Pottermore sorted me into Ravenclaw. I guess I'm one of "his Ravenclaws" too...how exciting!

Anyway, this is a beautifully written story. Every detail is so well written. Keep writing. You definitely have a talent.

Sincerely,
Bellastrange51
12/8/2011 c2 Maeve
Loving it so far, can't wait for the next chapters!
10/29/2011 c2 122Izzyaro
I really love this story. Your characterisations are brilliant; you really captured the essence of Hufflepuff house this time, and I also liked the part with Neville.

I'm looking forward to the next part.
10/25/2011 c2 1jade2nightwing
That was great. I love that woman. I still need to goto potteore and see what house I'll be in. Lol. C u next Time
8/11/2011 c1 Jess
I really enjoyed reading this; it was well written and realistic and generally good. Please do continue!
8/7/2011 c1 122Izzyaro
This is brilliant; you've really captured Filius' personality. I'm looking forward to reading the others.
18 Page 1 2 Next »