FanFiction.Net
for A Test of Fortitude

2/2/2016 c11 6my 2 guys
that was good keep the chapters coming
3/7/2014 c3 HurricaneShippu
You need to pay more attention to your use of speech marks. "Hey!" shouted Naruto. As opposed to "Hey!' shouted Naruto. You swap between using double inverted commas an single, small details like that are what makes a huge difference, be consistent, it doesn't matter what you d so long as it is consistent. It's like changing tenses, you don't do it.
3/7/2014 c2 HurricaneShippu
Well Sakura clearly needs a mental check, so quickly replacing Sasuke with Naruto? That is just crazy, I would have preferred a slower build up with Naruto just being there for her, for the time being. I don't think that it's realistic of her to replace Sasuke so quickly, or for Naruto to accept it. Naruto is truly taking advantage of Sakura and that is something he would never do.
3/7/2014 c1 HurricaneShippu
Interesting, very interesting. Not the very first fic with this deviation, however possibly the first author of this deviation who doesn't think Danzo is an vile mastermind plotting to overthrow the Sandaime. I always thought Danzo was a viable tutor for Naruto considering his elemental alignment, though I must admit he is a ruthless and shrewd man.
11/12/2013 c11 3Mustang's Inferno
OMG! I am in love with this story! I can't wait till you are able to update again, so please update soon. I can't wait to see what happens in the chunnin exams.
11/9/2013 c11 Igor
Woah.
Why this story has so few reviews?
I hope you'll update soon...

Also, Naruto's ability? Brilliant use of the canon way to show flashbacks of his enemies when they explain the reason for their actions, right before he proves them wrong about their choices!
11/9/2013 c11 csad21
A new chapter! Yes! And wow, is it different than I thought. I certainly did not expect Itachi, or for Naruto's mission to be to take out Kabuto. But yay! Kabuto is out of the picture, thank the gods. Though the changes *that* will bring are gonna be big, and I'm looking forward to it. Orochi will not be pleased that not only has he lost his future fashionable bodysuit, but his top medic and the man who helps him with donning his bodysuits is dead as well. How will he compensate?

Poor Itachi. Hearing his brother died by his own hand, and that Itachi's traumatizing with the Tsukiyomi is part of the reason for it... Couldn't have been easy to swallow that bitter pill.

And yes, I fully agree with Naruto here. The Uchiha clan does not deserve the pedestal Konoha put them on. Wonder if you'll do something about that in future chapters.

Though, seeing as "Sasuke" died barely after opening the scrolls... shouldn't Naruto's team be disqualified for that? Will that be mentioned?

Also got to wonder how others will react to the news of "Sasuke's" death in the forest. Ino, being as much an immature and selfish fangirl as Sakura at this stage of her life, I could imagine her blaming and lashing out at Naruto. And I'd like to think Shikamaru will smell something fishy, considering the previous rumours, fake Sasuke's behaviour during the first exam, Sakura being in the psych ward, and Naruto himself having changed so.

And did I mention how much I like your fic's Danzo?

So yeah, all in all, I'm looking forward to the next chapter. Don't let so much time pass again please?
11/8/2013 c11 TigrezzTail
Wow, Itachi showing up was certainly unexpected. But I suppose if Kabuto was right and rumors of Sasuke's death had leaked out, it was only a matter of time before Itachi found out. I'm very curious about the recurring image of Kushina, especially seeing as it always seems to be independent of it's surroundings. I did like how Naruto went off on Itachi over the whole torturing thing. And his new ability is certainly interesting. A take on the reader/watcher ability to know more than the canon characters at the time. If you are having a hard time deciding whom will fight whom, you could go with a suggestion I saw from another author (cannot remember whom, it's been awhile). Literally put all the names in a hat a draw two at a time! Or at the unimportant fights, if you have any.
11/8/2013 c11 1S.R.457
10/10 god damn!
11/8/2013 c11 Talion De Baisieux
ahhh de retour :)
11/8/2013 c1 Talion De Baisieux
excellent chapitre !
10/20/2013 c10 csad21
Oh come on, XPGamer, update this story already!

It's got a likeable Danzo with a brain instead of a short-sighted, 1D villain. It's got a Naruto who finally gets some teachers willing to teach him and thus improves fast, instead of gaining some super-dooper-trooper bloodline limit that is "more speciuul than sharingan and rinnegan combined" that turns him into a NaruStu. (Though that doesn't mean I'd mind him learning Kushina's chakra chains.) It explains Naruto's lack of knowledge and skill in a way that neither makes Sandaime out to be incompetent nor Naruto with an IQ factor of Forrest Gump. It also looks like Kushina is going to get the appropriate credit that is her due as the S-rank bamf she was. (Though the Uzumaki clan in its entirety is the most interesting clan ever, which is why it usually rubs me the wrong way when fanfics elevate the importance of the Namikaze name, with Naruto being all too eager to discard Uzumaki as his family name and take on Namikaze. But I don't have an issue with your reasoning for the name change here and how you went about it here.)

There is also the little details: such as the Sasuke-impersonator breaking Lee's leg and getting the team disqualified (which is a very novel idea. I'd love to see the aftermath of it for Team Gai and if and how Lee learns his lesson), or Naruto being tasked with eliminating Kabuto (which should be a very difficult task. I wonder if he'll manage it?).

What's more, what about Orochi? Does he know Sasuke is dead? Or will he attack and attempt to mark the Sasuke-impersonator? And what about Sakura. I assume that one scene in chapter 9 was about Sakura breaking out of the hospital. I'd love to see where that'll go.

So yeah, because of all of the above, this is a very enjoyable fanfic. I'm really looking forward to the next (and the next, and the next...) chapter of this fic, and hope you'll be able and willing to update soon. :)
4/20/2013 c10 2bosk
Thank you very much for the enjoyable read. I'll await patiently for more.
4/8/2013 c9 5Wrathkal
Huh, I'm guessing you had some inspiration from School Days?
3/8/2013 c10 TigrezzTail
It just seems like an awful lot to ask of someone who had nothing and no one in their life. How do they know that one more push won't be the thing that breaks him? I know they have Tenzo to control him, but still, if he refuses to cooperate after that, what'll happen to him? You can't expect someone to be a shining beacon of faith and understanding, only to undermine everything that makes them that way...
57 Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »