for Spock's Dictionary of Colloquialisms

11/19/2018 c31 Guest
PLEASE KEEP WRITING!
8/4/2018 c31 2The Arcticourt Spellwright
Got to say, I love the multispecies crew focus in this!
7/30/2018 c31 Guest
It says it's been updated! But... I'm pretty sure I've read this chapter already?
9/1/2017 c3 13TheRedScreech
This was more than okay! This was freaking hilarious!
6/9/2017 c2 Meow
I loved this episode, it was hilarious!
6/9/2017 c32 Ster J
Oh MY! I hope you can squeeze in the next chappie before classes begin again!
12/29/2016 c1 Allie
Okay, you have to, please, do "the real McCoy" (i.e., "the real thing"). Because... well just think how many hilarious scenarios you could dream up for that one? Evil twins, alternate universes or identities, or just plain silliness... it'd be great. Pretty please?

Ooh, and I have an idea... when Jim or Bones or somebody tries to explain the meaning of the expression to Spock, Jim can try to convince Spock that the expression was actually named after their own Leonard H.

Or... somebody outside the ship who's never seen a Vulcan before can be impressed to finally see the real deal and remark to Spock that Spock is "the real McCoy" (meaning, "the real thing"). Of course, hearing himself referred to as "the real McCoy" would confuse Spock hopelessly, as it would make him think he was been insulted by being called an illogical human. Thus would ensue Spock endeavoring to explain that he is not at all a McCoy and actually the speaker must be talking about the doctor. Meanwhile, the original speaker would be believing that Spock is denying that he is a Vulcan and wondering why the obviously-Vulcan first officer seems to insist that the obviously-human first officer is a Vulcan! And the whole thing would, of course, be causing Jim no end of amusement...

Or, of course, you could do whatever you want. Just a thought I had, and I'd be flattered if you use any part of it, even just the expression. Happy New Year!
10/15/2016 c31 Guest
I just found this - what a fun concept! Are you still taking suggestions? Because I thought "over the moon" could be really good. Since, you know, on earth where it was created it sounds like something impossible, but in space it could actually mean something... just think what you could do with it!

My other best ideas are:

"If push comes to shove" (or "when push comes to shove" - I've heard it both ways)
"In one ear and out the other"
"the jig is up"
"(to cost) an arm and a leg"

I would be rather excited should you choose any of these! Best of luck!
10/1/2016 c31 3chaoticmom
Lol, another one that is slightly different version, I always heard it as a box of rocks! Good chapter. Take care
9/15/2016 c31 2The Redshirt who Lived
Oh man that was funny. BEST description of Dukat ever. Apart from the dumber than a bag full of hammers part. Dukat was sneaky. Although Pah-Wraith possession does tend to cause a decrease in subtlety...

And seriously, I love the way Kirk handled Dukat. If he and Sisko ever teamed up... hoo boy.
9/15/2016 c27 The Redshirt who Lived
Oh mi goodness this was hilarious.
9/15/2016 c24 The Redshirt who Lived
I laughed myself silly at this.
9/15/2016 c1 The Redshirt who Lived
Yeah... Pretty much Captain Kirk in a nutshell. "Oh there's something dangerous! Let's go poke it with a stick!"
8/2/2016 c31 62waikiki23
Love your story! I have been loving it! If you need some more expressions, here's a few I have used:

1. Finer than a frogs hair (means you're doing ok)
2. Nothing to shake a stick at
3. Through hell and high water
4. Don't rain on my parade
5. He/she one sandwich short of a picnic

Hope you can use these! Can't wait for the next chapter!
7/13/2016 c31 53Sonar
Best ending to that chapter.
245 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »