for Destined to Fail

10/23/2015 c1 22ManonLeChat
Really great writing.
7/7/2012 c1 6Doctor Song
Loved this. It started so hopefully and ended with such resignation.
6/20/2012 c1 hillevi
lovely! And he did not die,,,write some more?
2/4/2012 c1 27bored-now0809
love it! maybe if he doesn't die you could do a sequel where he gets a happy ending? Poor evelyn!
10/15/2011 c1 5Otulissa
Wah! It's so sad but such a good story. My own story sucks but at least I can read a good story of one of my favorite left in the lurch characters. The women in that show have problems. How could they not want to marry Evelyn?

I liked the part with Emma the most it was just so sweet!
8/16/2011 c1 68Epea Pteroenta
*sniff* What a sad (though sadly likely) ending. But a beautiful story and very poignant. I'm glad Evelyn is getting some love, from your pen if not from these silly women who don't know what they're missing out on. Lovely story!
8/12/2011 c1 23Katie Duggan's Niece
An absolutely heartbreaking piece, well before its denouement. What is especially sad is the juxtaposition of the crassly practical approaches of the women with the tenderer, more measured perspective of Evelyn. But the point about not judging the women is well taken (though they don't fare well). They had little choice (Poor Edith, though, and Miss Emma).

The conclusion is a reminder of the utter waste of what used to be called the Great War, and how honor and ideals met the horrific reality of war.

It is beautifully written, but season two already loomed in the most ominous way...|
8/12/2011 c1 5AriadneO
Ahhhhhh, you just completely broke my heart! It's not just the sad ending, it's your exploration of Evelyn all around, the wonderfully kind, sweet man who unfortunately seeks love with all the wrong women. Beautifully written; I love how much insight you gave us through short little vignettes of each of his relationships. I've really enjoyed all your stories and they just seem to get better and better because I think this might be my favorite so far! Thanks for sharing, even if you made my heart ache.

(And Evelyn, don't give up yet! I'm quite happy to comfort you!)
8/12/2011 c1 10PBCD
Very interesting character study. I was especially fond of his attachment to his nursery maid.
8/12/2011 c1 augrah
OH MY GOODNESS YOU WROTE AN EVELYN NAPIER STORY AND IT IS BRILLIANT!

Oh thank you thank you so much for this. I am so in love with this story (and its main character :). I love the past you have written for him and all the little details like the reception to his parent's lovign marriage nd all the little gossip bita. Evelyn as a boy, a young man in love. *sigh* You so perfectly captured him! Such a sad ending but still so wonderful.

Why couldn't there have been more Evelyn Napier? I really would have loved for him to return in the second series.

THANK YOU AGAIN!