for Homecoming

8/15/2011 c1 19East-Coast-Invictus
Oh wow, this is fantastic. I think you've really captured the enthusiast in Norrington, which is usually forgotten in the stiffness of the uniform. The language was captivating, I thought, and delightfully descriptive. I've always imagined that each character in Pirates who was a captain had similar moments when becoming captain of their respective vessels, particularly when that was the ultimate goal. Lovely, lovely job!

And I definitely laughed out loud at the the disclaimer.
8/15/2011 c1 1BabyBoy
Wonderful imagery, Honorat! Once again, you rock! Thanks for this story. Too often we see James Norrington being priggish. (One just wants to kiss him senseless to see him get a bit flustered!) It's great to get a glimpse of the boy James might have been (was he ever a "Jimmy," do you think?) and to appreciate how much he loved his ship and captaining before the duties of higher office took much of that away from him. It also makes him a more worthy opponent of Jack Sparrow, another man we know lives and breathes his ship. When two adversaries fully understand and emphathize with each other, then their coincident stories are so much more interesting. And when they meet in battle, decisive or indecisive or no, there are no winners, and both can only mourn as their proud vessels succumb to the fortunes of war.
8/15/2011 c1 1qwertyuiop678
cool! Norrie is my favorite naval officer, Groves gets a close second. I liked this a lot, mainly because I think Norrington is a bit misunderstood... ^.^

Happy writing!
8/15/2011 c1 50Jennifer Lynn Weston
This rings so true as a portrait of Norrington on the cusp of fulfilled potential.

And so terribly heartbreaking, since we know what will happen to his beautiful lady. No wonder that loss knocked James into the gutter. *sniff*

Brilliant writing, as usual.

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service