for Into the Void

6/1/2019 c2 Axccel
Prove we're better than them? Yes, once their species no longer exist, we will have proven we are better. There is no reason to spare them. Out of pride, or so we can pat ourselves on the back for being "better"? That won't help anyone when they come back and kill more humans. It's just like those damn gangs on Earth. Just arresting them, locking them up for a few years, and releasing them to torment more people so we're "better".

Fuck being "better". Kill 'em all so they can't do that shit again. What will it be, then? Keep them primitive? What about when we can't be there to stop them from advancing again and they go and attack us again in the far future? More people dead, no matter how few or how many, that could have been saved.

This wasn't some rogue group. It wasn't some government acting in spite of its people. This was a species fully devoted to its directive and wholly supportive of it.
6/1/2019 c1 Axccel
I really hope the aliens adopt the tactics, strategies, and weapons we use...
...because all of our other tactics, strategies, and weapons are designed to counter that and counters to those counters and so on and so forth.

The aliens using our tactics and such would be the very best thing for us as we would know exactly how to counter them non-stop to perfection as opposed to having to try to figure things out anew.
8/29/2011 c3 m-f42
I could find no fault in Abydos' parts of the story. Had a very human feel to it though, not really reminiscent of a machine or the standard AI you see. Don't know if that's what you were going for or not.
8/18/2011 c2 m-f42
Can't wait to read the Shongair and Hegemony's reactions to the Akkadians
8/16/2011 c1 m-f42
I think this story is going to be awesome.

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service