for Chasing Shadows

6/1/2012 c1 qwertzuiop4
Fantastic story, everything from Cat o' Nine Tails and the story of the candles to Jacks scruples of killing someone and the allusion to "Black Magic". (The relationship between Jack and Anamaria always reminds me of another "M-" work "of an English playwright" - "Thou and I are too wise to woo peaceably.")
4/5/2012 c1 8Nacata
This was absolutely phenomenal. Well-crafted, poignant, engaging, true-to-character. I know it says TBC? but I wish it said TBC! If you do decide to continue, I'm on the bandwagon. c:
9/24/2011 c1 4Camille Moineau
*applauds* You always do such wonderful work, and this is no exception. Beautiful imagery, your J/A portrayal is delightful, and I love it when the darker sides of their natures are shown.
8/22/2011 c1 1qwertyuiop678
awww... 'm not sure if you should continue it... i think this is best as a one-shot... I showed my friend your fics and she said they were great... she doesn't have a fanfiction yet...
8/22/2011 c1 1BabyBoy
"...disturbances were magnets to his iron filings." What a wonderful metaphor, Honorat! So, I guess the next chapter would be the pair of them horizontal? I'm trying to think what play title Gibbs wouldn't want to hear but am coming up dry there. I like Jack is all circumstances but a happy Jack makes me smile! Have a second chapter wherein Jack gets reeeaaallly happy!
8/22/2011 c1 1Cerisa
I really do hope you decide to continue this. I enjoyed this very much. I love the pairing of Jack and Ana so much and you captured their personalities very well in everything you write about them. Hope to read more soon! :)
8/22/2011 c1 50Jennifer Lynn Weston
'...her violently enforced insistence that all food was intended for her and all fabric was her personal domain.'

Why should she be different from every other cat in the world?

'... the play they were reading (Jack wouldn't ever let her say the name of it—said Gibbs would never forgive him)'

'Macbeth', apparently. Nice to know the 'perfumes of Arabia' worked better for Jack & Ana.

'The two of them had walked away from that fight...'

I rather doubt this is what the cautionary advice refers to. :S

'Jack Sparrow never let the calluses grow over the discomfort he felt when all else but killing failed him.'

I guess that's why the pirate remains a Good Man at heart. A fine thing that he has Ana to help him through these times.

'Dear God, he was so bloody beautiful... And so bloody annoying. Let us not forget that.'

Certainly not!

This is going straight to my Favorites list. Thank you for writing it!
8/22/2011 c1 McNuffin
This is just lovely. I've always been a sucker for a bit of Jack/Anamaria.

Mt favourite line: She had not met Jack's eyes, after—never did like to glimpse the place he had to go in order to do that kind of work.

Hoping you will continue this. x

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service