for When Love Takes You In

1/11/2021 c1 MJHodochickens
What a wonderful story.
10/10/2020 c9 3MsChrisAnn
Lovely story. I could picture the characters saying and doing the things you wrote. The song has special meaning for me and my family, too. I have a niece adopted from China and twin niece and nephew from Guatemala. I hope to hear some continuing adventures!
5/2/2018 c8 Truckee Gal
A pity Amanda did not leave a disfiguring mark on Eva's face. This time one can hope she's old and decrepit before her prison time is over. So Lee and Amanda are headed home with Baby Nickolas having cemented friendships with Isaac and Nadine Petrovitch. Captivating story that could be a 2-part episode back in the day. Very appreciative of all the research you put into this well-written story.
5/2/2018 c7 Truckee Gal
Knock me over with a feather; never saw that sorry-excuse-for-a-human-being coming. How did she get out of prison in the USA? Isaac and Nadine are decent people. Baby Nikolas needs to be rescued, urgently, because Evil Eva the Pretender has no soul.
5/2/2018 c5 Truckee Gal
Just when the various pieces of the whole paperwork process were coming together nicely, there's an unknown problem at the orphanage. Guess it's time to believe God's will be done.
5/2/2018 c3 Truckee Gal
So far this whole adoption process appears to be coming together at a decent clip. Shopping for baby clothes, diapers, formula, bottles, blankets, etc. sounds daunting in Moscow. When in St. Petersburg in 1994, the grocers' shelves were mostly bare.
5/1/2018 c1 Truckee Gal
This story has already grabbed hold of me. A love-at-first-sight connection isn't only between a man and a woman; it happens between an adult and a child, too. The faith and perfect trust exhibited by the Sisters is lovely.

John 14:18 “I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."
Psalm 27:10 For my father and my mother have forsaken me, but the LORD will take me up.
Psalm 68:5-6 A father of the fatherless and a judge for the widows, is God in His holy habitation. God makes a home for the lonely; He leads out the prisoners into prosperity, only the rebellious dwell in a parched land.
7/11/2009 c9 Terry Kay
Beautiful story! I wouldn't change a thing. Thank you.
11/1/2002 c1 24Batwoman
Loved this! Course I'm just now finding it. I seemed to have missed it the last time I went through all the pages and read stories. Can't wait to read the other version and possibly/hopefully, a sequal. hehehe So, do Lee and Amanda have their own (bioligcal) baby? *hint hint hint* *nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink* ;P
5/3/2002 c9 Rangerbaldwin
I was addicted to reading this and couldn't stop. I am glad everything turned out OK(it had to!). Question: Is Butsayev really a Russian name? I couldn't stop laughing when I read it. Ranger B.
4/24/2002 c1 ElioraJoy
I don't do reviews very often, but I just wanted to do this one. I loved it and thanks for the hanky alert. I also appreciated the clean writing (no spelling or grammar errors to my knowledge.)

The whole mood and characterization seemed to be within canon.

(I really hope that Jamie and Phillip like their little brother and help out.)
4/24/2002 c9 7matahari2
Wow! What a touching, heart-wrenching story. You've written so many wonderful moments between Lee and Amanda, and you satisfied our desire for vengeance against an old nemesis who needed to be laid to rest, once and for all. Terrific job, Laura! mh2:)
4/24/2002 c9 Heart-Pendant
Laura,

You've spun a great story that is filled with heart...that captured Lee and Amanda perfectly.

I can see them doing such things in Season 5 (if there was a season 5) or even later! Thank you.

I'm more in love with Lee than ever!

Keep up the great work. I'll be looking forward to your next "NERVOUS" post! (hint, hint).

Thanks for sharing your FABOO work and talent!

Julie
4/24/2002 c9 Jalynrn
I'm not really sure just what to say. This could be the most enjoyable SMK story I've read in months. I started out skimming it as I often do, then found myself going back and reading more carefully. I didn't want to miss a word.

You blended the cannon of the series with a future so real that I was totally absorbed. Familiar characters came alive! I haven't been reading much SMK fic lately. I've quit writing it completely. I'm going to look for more of you. Thank you so much for such a wonderful story!

Jenny
4/23/2002 c9 11randibaby
Beautiful Laura! Excellent story!

Loved :"You are a sad excuse for a woman. Especially compared to my wife. I’m embarrassed to admit I ever thought about marrying you.” Lee shoved Eva"

it is so deserved!