FanFiction.Net
for Light, Shadow, and The Hand

1/18/2019 c11 Guest
Unique in concept and I haven’t read a philosophical fanfic to this extent until now. An introspective Hitsuruki. Their bond over the tragedies in their lives is oh so bittersweet but beautiful. I am sorely tempted to nag at you to finish because it’s such a deep story and you are so close to the end. Almost there! However, I understand it’s been a couple years and regardless, thank you for what you have given us.
11/21/2018 c11 Aileean
I don’t know if you’ll ever read this specially it’s already been 4 years since your last update, but i do love this fanfic and i’m hoping you’ll continue this soon!
6/13/2014 c11 Tirynn
MY HEART HURTS. I REALLY THOUGHT RANGIKU MIGHT HAVE HAD A SMALL CHANCE OF MAYBE BEING CURED, WITH AKON'S DISCOVERY AND EVERYTHING. BUT NO. *SOB*

This is a really really great story. I'm so looking forward to reading the next chapters when you publish them. Even if you published the next chapter in a year I'd still be super excited and happy (Although a month or two sounds a LOT better than a year, because dang this story is fun to read!) This is one of my favorite stories right now, and knowing there's only two more chapters left is both exciting and sad. Can't wait to read the next chapter! :)
6/13/2014 c11 24CrescentSnow
Wow! when I asked if you were still writing and if you're still planning to update I wasn't expecting this fast an update, so kudos to you!

Toushiro didn't get infected did he?
6/13/2014 c11 8Kahnartis
Yay! Yay! Yay! A new chapter! New chapter!

As usual... AMAZING! FANTASTIC! SUPURB!

I loved it!

I love the little review at the beginning! It transitioned so well into the new part of the story!

And we finally really get a first hand look at Momo!

I agree! Momo's loyalty is admirable... If foolish...

I like the use if shadow and light within Momo. It's common to something that we can relate to; for example, people injured in accidents (of any kind, vehicular to a dispute between friends) and when we are hurt, sometimes we try to fool ourselves into believing a false reality. So good job!

Awwww Kira is such a good friend!

Poor Kira! Poor Hisagi! But I do see Hisagi as the type to drown sorrow in the night and face the world in the morning with a fierce determination.

Awwww!

This chapter is really good! It's like all the characters are finally admitting and starting the path to recovery and healing- which is the point of the chapter considering the title of said chapter. Still... Not an easy path... But it is a necessary one. (I believe) I also happen to believe thy while certain steps in the healing process have to be taken alone, other steps are much easier when there is someone else offering support as well.

Last goodbyes to the past are needed. It's not to say that you completely forget them. But this is one thing I understand very well. I lost a very very dear friend of mine to suicide almost four years ago. And it took me almost half a year to fully say goodbye to him. He was a big part of my life. While I still miss him, I know that I am no longer being held back by his death. So the graveyard scene, I really like and it is very applicable to our lives as well. Well done!

Hehe. Discombobulated. I always like that word. It's so much to say! Random I know... But come on! This is me we are talking about! :D

Ah. The "sooner than expected but later than they wished" comment from the last chapter is starting to make a bit more sense. I will admit I wasn't quite sure what the time frame was gonna be but now, it is a bit more clear. So sad that Matsumoto died. It was mostly expected. Especially after the cryptic quotation above, but there was still that almost brief breathless moment when we learned of her fate. And we all had that tiny sliver of hope that she would live. The Matrix Reloaded got it right when it said that hope is our [humans] greatest strength yet simontanously our greatest weakness.

Ah Hitsugaya. Didn't one of the little parasites attach to his leg in the real world? Is that why he is getting sick? Or the overall exposure to the hollow recently? I wanna know! Now I want to go back and reread the rest to see if I can figure out this mystery!

And again I have to say... AMAZING! FAMSTATIC! AWESOME!

Two chapters! Two chapters are all that's left! I'm excited but saddened at the same time!

Hehe. I won't pester you... I hope! But I am looking forward to the next update! (Like there was any question about that...)

Anyway! It was amazingly awesomely supurbly fantastic! I cannot wait for the next chapter! Keep it up!
4/18/2014 c1 Guest
i really enjoy it
4/3/2014 c10 Nekokandyxoxox
Awwww no cliffhanger . I hope u finish this story soon kuz I wanna read more! Yay for the hitsuruki army!
1/22/2014 c10 Kahnartis
You're back! Yay!

OMG! I loved it! (But that's not really a surprise is it?)

Simply amazing!

It was so worth the wait! (The long suspenseful wait :P )

And I love how with the sun everything is starting to look a bit brighter to the characters! Not perfect but better and brighter.

That's mean! Leaving that cliffhanger! And after a chapter like this!

Yay! You actually went back to the tree and not just mentioning the beetles.

I think all 3 Kurosakis were portrayed really well at the beginning too.

Poor Hisagi and Rangiku. So sad.

What about Kira?

And yay! No arranged marriage!

I so can't wait for the next chapter! I'm sure it will be amazing as well!

But please don't let it be too too long of a wait! Please!
11/26/2013 c9 16mooncrane
Noooooo, why cliff hanger? :(

I enjoyed reading the parts of Rukia and Hitsugaya so much! The last line, oh my god, i just couldn't keep myself from waiting. Please update soon!

Xo
Winter
11/23/2013 c9 3Aquos35
WHAT? A warm scene gets crushed...by that f*cking parasite! And worse, the parasite that killed Ichigo? Oh no! Now I'm interested.
11/23/2013 c9 8Kahnartis
I still care!

How could you do this me?! Another cliffie? And a pretty big one at that! You just like to tortture me like this!

But thanks for updating! As usual it was superb! I'm serious! And the way you have the characters react... I believe it's very realistic. (Told ya this chappie would be worth waiting for... And I was right! It was do worth the wait and suspense!)

Poor Hisagi... Poor Rangiku! What's gonna happen to her?

And I liked the interaction between Hitsugaya and Isshin.

I can't wait for the next chapter! Keep it up!
10/1/2013 c8 24MiserableLoveFairy
Have I mentioned that I absolutely adore this story?

It's so well written, I just love it! (:
10/1/2013 c8 8Kahnartis
No you're not bashing Momo. You're portraying her in a very realistic light. Well in my opinion. I mean she went through quite a few major shocks in a short amount of time. And I personally believe that she just was strong enough to handle it. So she deludes herself because it is easier for her that way. And after time the lie becomes reality. One that she can't escape because it is her and she has been fueling it for so long. But that's my opinion. I like how you are portraying her because it seems reasonable to me. I'm not saying I like her but I like how she is being portrayed.

Anyway! Fantastic! I must say!

And I wasn't expecting arranged marriage! You never fail to suprise me!

Poor Ukitake. Poor soul reapers. Poor Unohana. She's seen how many people die recently in her hospital? And hasn't really been able to do anything. And poor Byakuya.

I also like the sunrise/sunset portion.

So... What's gonna happen next?! I can't wait for the next part! Bu I'll be patient. As long as you do promise to update at some point! :)
9/15/2013 c7 Kahnartis
Mou!

Always the suspense!

As usual, it was fantastic!

Angst, suspense, action... So good!

And yay! Some bonding between Hitsugaya and Rukia!

And we see just what Hisagi has against Rukia!

Poor Kira...

Now I'm on edge as to what happens next!

I can't wait!

Keep it up!
8/20/2013 c6 Midori no yume
Wow, thanks for your fast updating! :D I'm OK with the slow character development as well as the story unfolding if this "slowness" is essential to the perception of the entire story. And I found myself no way near to disagree with your portrayal of characters; on the contrary, they actually intrigued me. I felt like I was watching anime while going through this chapter. Kira's part was perfect. When I read his dialogue, I even found myself reading in his voice :D Hisagi is a character that I didn't pay much attention to, but still, I have no intention of bashing him, although I've figured out the reason of his non-stop reproaching Rukia :(

Well, I'd love to say something about our hero and heroine. I'm not sure if I am the only one that really did approve of Rukia's quiet demeanor of not fighting back like a bitch whenever Hisagi accused her during the trip. Though a bit passive, that was indeed Rukia. Her silence was not her weakness, like tears not always being synonymous with sorrow. Although she had no intention of arguing with Hisagi, she could stand up for her perceptive assessment of the situation and always give priority to the mission, which really is a quality a professional soldier possesses. I'm proud of her. I agree with the "noble" thing that you mentioned in the context, but I don't think Rukia's great tolerance was only due to her status of an aristocrat- yeah, part of that was her attachment to the dignity, but a dominant trait of her original character.

As for Toushiro, seems you haven't put the same amount of words into description on him as you have done on Rukia, but every time he made his appearance in the story simply attracted all my attention. I'm hopeless, haha... XD I like all the bits you've depicted on him, which has kept him quite in-character. Ah, wait, maybe except for the idea of making him taller than Rukia ;) Well, I'd just prefer the way where he was in the series, though. Don't you think being small is his charm? XD Well, whatever.

"self-loathing", you used this word as an announcement of Toushiro's current situation, and it sounded appropriate. I'd rather believe on this point, Rukia had been sharing the same "self-loathing" with the young captain to a certain extent. When I read about Toushiro made faces at Rukia, I couldn't help but laugh at the scene. XD Moooooo, Shiro-chan, I know you're handsome as well as looking sooooo cute when you grimace, but a ghastly twitch for a smile for no apparent reason would overwhelm little Rukia. XDD

*cough, cough* Anyway, I'm so eager to read about what happens next. Hope you update soon, please? :D

Until next time!